C Gavin Brindley - University of Michigan, NCAA (2023, 34th, CBJ)

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Not sure who the current hawks brass has rushed?
Reichel. Kaiser? Think there is a very good case Korchinski could have used a year in the AHL.

We gonna act like Davidson wasn’t around for Boqvist, Dach either?

I want Nazar to be a good NHL player. He lost a developmental year due to his hip. Being “the guy” for Michigan next year won’t hurt him at all, and will allow him to put on even more muscle due to scheduling.

Last edited:

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Reichel. Kaiser? Think there is a very good case Korchinski could have used a year in the AHL.

We gonna act like Davidson wasn’t around for Boqvist, Dach either?

I want Nazar to be a good NHL player. He lost a developmental year due to his hip. Being “the guy” for Michigan next year won’t hurt him at all, and will allow him to put on even more muscle due to scheduling.

Reichel is in his third year of his elc. He had a great opportunity. Kaiser sure was the wrong call.
Korchinski is doing fine up with the hawks.

He wasn’t the one making the calls on Dach and Boqvist.

I have no issue with Frank sticking for another year.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Reichel is in his third year of his elc. He had a great opportunity.
I mean isn’t that proving my point, regarding rushing guys? They brought him up to play 11 games (1 point and a -8) and burnt a year of his ELC for no reason, then tried to expedite the process to the NHL because his ELC was ticking…

Is that off base from reality? He should have been 19 years old when he signed the deal so it should have been able to slide once.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I mean isn’t that proving my point, regarding rushing guys? They brought him up to play 11 games (1 point and a -8) and burnt a year of his ELC for no reason, then tried to expedite the process to the NHL because his ELC was ticking…

Is that off base from reality? He should have been 19 years old when he signed the deal so it should have been able to slide once.
One guy proves your point?
Many players burn the first year of their elc in order to sign. Brindley will probably do the same thing.Not a new thing for college guys.
The one thing you are right about is Kaiser should’ve started the year in Rockford. Everyone else your mentioning is just a reach.

Once again I have no issue with Nazar going back or spending time in the Ahl.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Reichel wasn't rushed. Korchinski couldn't play AHL. Kaiser had a great camp and tailed off. He went down. He wasn't rushed.

Dach was rushed. That is the one I will 100% agree with you on.

Reactions: bert

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
One guy proves your point?
No, Reichel + Kaiser, and Korchinski when you said the new brass haven’t rushed anyone.
Many players burn the first year of their elc in order to sign. Brindley will probably do the same thing.
Source please.
Not a new thing for college guys.
The one thing you are right about is Kaiser should’ve started the year in Rockford. Everyone else your mentioning is just a reach.
so they do rush guys then?

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
No, Reichel + Kaiser, and Korchinski when you said the new brass haven’t rushed anyone.

Source please.

so they do rush guys then?
You’re just reaching now. They didn’t rush Reichel and they didn’t rush Korchinski.

Most college guys like Brinkley sign and burn there first year.

No the hawks don’t rush guys at least not so far under Davidson.

So you got one guy that’s been rushed in Kaiser. You keep trying I gotcha moment.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Sad day for you my man. But hey you were right on one guy. And wrong on the other two.
.333 percentage good for baseball
To recap:

I said I was worried about the Hawks rushing Nazar.

You replied ”not sure who the current brass has rushed?”

I said Dach, Kaiser, Reichel and Korchinski.

You agree on Kaiser, say Reichel wasn’t rushed because he was “on year 3 of his ELC” and say Korchinski has been good.

I reply “the fact that Reichel is on year 3 of his ELC is kind of my point”

“One guy proves your point!?!?”

“No, 2-3.”

“lot’s of guys burn a year of their ELC”

Yeah not many get called up for 6 random games in April to burn it after playing/developing in the AHL.

Then you contradict yourself “No the hawks don’t rush guys at least not so far under Davidson. So you got one guy that’s been rushed in Kaiser. You keep trying I gotcha moment.”

And end it with the “it’s a sad day for you man!”

Not even trying to be a dick but this whole topic was because you insinuated it was an abstract idea to think the Hawks might rush Nazar!
If he plays in Rockford sure, but I don’t have much faith in Chicago brass not rushing him to the NHL.
Not sure who the current hawks brass has rushed?

Last edited:

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
To recap:

I said I was worried about the Hawks rushing Nazar.

You replied ”not sure who the current brass has rushed?”

I said Kaiser, Reichel and Korchinski.

You agree on Kaiser, say Reichel wasn’t rushed because he was “on year 3 of his ELC” and say Korchinski has been good.

I reply “the fact that Reichel is on year 3 of his ELC is kind of my point”

“One guy proves your point!?!?”

“No, 2-3.”

“lot’s of guys burn a year of their ELC”

Yeah not many get called up for 6 random games in April to burn it after playing/developing in the AHL.

Then you contradict yourself “No the hawks don’t rush guys at least not so far under Davidson. So you got one guy that’s been rushed in Kaiser. You keep trying I gotcha moment.”

And end it with the “it’s a sad day for you man!”

Not even trying to be a dick but this whole topic was because you insinuated it was a ‘wild’ idea to think the Hawks might rush Nazar!
It’s a wild idea that’s all

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
It’s a wild idea that’s all
I hope so. Because I’m tired of the Blackhawks rushing guys and ruining them, like Boqvist, Dach. I don’t want that to be the same with Korchinski and Nazar.

There are parallels between 27 and 55’s situations. They took their time with Vlassic and he looks good IMO.

Last edited:

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I hope so. Because I’m tired of the Blackhawks rushing guys and ruining them, like Boqvist, Dach. I don’t want that to be the same with Korchinski and Nazar.

There are parallels between 27 and 55’s situations.
Ok. I don’t see it but I’m not gonna try to argue over your opinion. Back to Brindley he’s a very exciting young player.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Gavin Brindley is an absolute dog. The more I watch this player the more I absolutely love him. Other players that were drafted ahead of him could turn out to have better careers, but I had this guy ranked 14 in my last year’s rankings and I think I’d put him even higher today.

He has a phenomenal combination of skill and tenacity. He plays exactly how you’d want your whole team to play.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
I think he's 100% ready to be a contributing NHL player, especially on Columbus (no offense). Dude has been dominant at the NCAA for 1.5 years now, going back to the midpoint of last season, and was excellent in both WJC showings.

He's a little bit like a Benson type who can play up and down the lineup despite being a smaller guy. Smart, competitive player who is reliable all over the ice.

I would like to see him get a chance across from Gaudreau, I think the chemistry would be pretty insane. Gaudreau - Fantilli - Brindley could be a legit line the next few years.
Start him off in the ahl and Columbus should consider rounding out the roster with free agents

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Start him off in the ahl and Columbus should consider rounding out the roster with free agents

That's my strategy in general for the Jackets. They've been breaking in too many ELCs at once and it is leading to a lot of blind leading the blind situations. So leaving more lineup space for veterans (I'm thinking Gus Nyquist type players) would be smart.

But then you watch Brindley and he is a lot of what they're missing too. That dog on a bone forecheck ability, and it seems like he could bring that to any line. And his past chemistry with Fantilli, you'd love to see them together again.

Reactions: Faceboner

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
That's my strategy in general for the Jackets. They've been breaking in too many ELCs at once and it is leading to a lot of blind leading the blind situations. So leaving more lineup space for veterans (I'm thinking Gus Nyquist type players) would be smart.

But then you watch Brindley and he is a lot of what they're missing too. That dog on a bone forecheck ability, and it seems like he could bring that to any line. And his past chemistry with Fantilli, you'd love to see them together again.
It is good to have competition force hom to beat out some vets that are actually good and the problem with guys coming from ncaa have to get used to a much more rigorous schedule and you are right he brings that buzzsaw/skill combo but more polish doesn't hurt and the jackets should be looking to integrate him into a competitive team especially with Kent Johnson and fantilli already being young and still breaking into the nhl

Reactions: majormajor

FrankieC

Dec 29, 2023
The game needs more Brindleys, they are entertaining to watch and the game needs more entertainment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad