C Gavin Brindley - University of Michigan, NCAA (2023, 34th, CBJ)

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
His play this year suggests he may very well join Fantilli on Columbus’s top line in the not too distant future. That’s pretty awesome, in light of the reports they are close friends.

Reactions: CaptainShark

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Brindley has always looked great. The question is whether or not his size, or lack of it, will prevent him from being an effective NHL'er. Some small guys figure it out, others can't. You can say the same about Stankoven, though he looks to be a lock to be a good NHL'er. Amazing what he is doing in the AHL.

I worry less about guys like Brindley that are built like tanks. Their success rate seems to be much higher.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Size obsessed scouts with another L. It’s weird because sub 6 forwards are everywhere and tall forwards are rare. Small guys are the norm and size is the exception yet we keep seeing too many skilled players passed over for size.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Brindley has always looked great. The question is whether or not his size, or lack of it, will prevent him from being an effective NHL'er. Some small guys figure it out, others can't. You can say the same about Stankoven, though he looks to be a lock to be a good NHL'er. Amazing what he is doing in the AHL.
I think he can be effective at his size. He’s a small forward that can play a grinding game. It’ll be where in the lineup that is. He has a chance at top 6, he’s probably likely to end up middle 6, and bottom six isn’t out of the question either.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
He's the best player on Michigan.

I'm not sure of his NHL impact level yet though.. the feet hands, shot and compete are all great. Should be able to easily play up and down a lineup.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Wonder if he turns pro or if he goes back again. I think his game may be ready for the next step, but I’m not sure (and doubt) he’ll jump straight to the NHL.

Reactions: CBJx614

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Wonder if he turns pro or if he goes back again. I think his game may be ready for the next step, but I’m not sure (and doubt) he’ll jump straight to the NHL.
I kind of expect him in the AHL. Maybe the odd call up depending on injuries

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He’ll probably leave. McGroarty is gone. Casey and Duke are likely gone. Nazar might be gone.

They’ll bring in some good players like Hage and Gridin, but it won’t be the same type of powerful team as the last couple of years.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

DollardStLaurent

May 15, 2014
He’ll probably leave. McGroarty is gone. Casey and Duke are likely gone. Nazar might be gone.

They’ll bring in some good players like Hage and Gridin, but it won’t be the same type of powerful team as the last couple of years.
With all that talent, they're a big disappointment this year.
11-11-2-0-2 in the conference.
18-13-3-0 overall.

Reactions: clevelandcane

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus

Not his thread, but if he leaves it’s a mistake.
With all that talent, they're a big disappointment this year.
11-11-2-0-2 in the conference.
18-13-3-0 overall.
yeah it’s a down year for sure. A lot of the defensemen aren’t any good at playing defense…

And not being able to rely on Hughes hurts. There is a huge talent drop off even from Hughes to Casey, and guys like L. Fantilli/Truscott are fine just not difference makers.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Not his thread, but if he leaves it’s a mistake.

yeah it’s a down year for sure. A lot of the defensemen aren’t any good at playing defense…

And not being able to rely on Hughes hurts. There is a huge talent drop off even from Hughes to Casey, and guys like L. Fantilli/Truscott are fine just not difference makers.
Disagree on Nazar leaving. I’m not really a fan of Naurato, everyone else is leaving and their incoming class isn’t that good. I’d rather sign him to go play in Rockford than another year at Michigan.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Disagree on Nazar leaving. I’m not really a fan of Naurato, everyone else is leaving and their incoming class isn’t that good. I’d rather sign him to go play in Rockford than another year at Michigan.
If he plays in Rockford than sure, but I don’t have much faith in Chicago brass not rushing him to the NHL.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I think he's 100% ready to be a contributing NHL player, especially on Columbus (no offense). Dude has been dominant at the NCAA for 1.5 years now, going back to the midpoint of last season, and was excellent in both WJC showings.

He's a little bit like a Benson type who can play up and down the lineup despite being a smaller guy. Smart, competitive player who is reliable all over the ice.

I would like to see him get a chance across from Gaudreau, I think the chemistry would be pretty insane. Gaudreau - Fantilli - Brindley could be a legit line the next few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad