C Elias Pettersson - Växjö Lakers HC, SHL (2017, 5th, VAN) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Nu he isnt

Maybe the coaching staff think that hes a good shooter on the half boards on the PP, which he is, but that his game is lacking in other areas. If he'll be in the NHL next year, the Canucks would be rushing him. He needs to mature and grow.
Sorry, was leading prior to the World Juniors, where he missed more than a handful of games and lost his lead.

That said, I don't think a kid can put up such a historic season by just being a "good shooter on the half boards". Yes, that's his office but his game is far more well-rounded then you're giving him credit for.

Reactions: PassLikeA10YrOldBoy

BlueGreen

Jan 3, 2018
2 goals today, 37 pts in 31 games. Had a couple goals in Vaxjo's most recent champions league game to take them to the finals as well but that doesn't show up in his point total for Vaxjo
It’s was 1 goal and 1 primary assist today I think. He now has 38 points in 31 games and has been playing centre since he returned from the world juniors. This kid is a stud.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
It’s was 1 goal and 1 primary assist today I think. He now has 38 points in 31 games and has been playing centre since he returned from the world juniors. This kid is a stud.

He was playing C before the WJC I believe he started playing centre about 5 games prior to the WJC. Prior to that he was on the wing.

Reactions: BlueGreen

Love

Feb 29, 2012
He could go pointless for the rest of the season (12 games) and still have a more productive draft +1 season than Nicklas Backstrom. Just think about that...

BlueGreen

Jan 3, 2018
It took 45 games for Backstrom to reach 40 points in his D+1 season. Pettersson did it in 32 and he ain’t done yet. This kid is a superstar.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
He really didn't have the slapper last season, his shot was his one glaring weakness... Must have spent all summer working on his shot because now it's amazing.

He'd be #1 in a redraft and he should have been #1 on the draft floor.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
And this guy got left out a non NHL Olympics for Sweden, can you believe it? I cant. Well, apparently the Swe coach is a moron, sadly.

Last edited:

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
He really didn't have the slapper last season, his shot was his one glaring weakness... Must have spent all summer working on his shot because now it's amazing.

He'd be #1 in a redraft and he should have been #1 on the draft floor.

He's always had a very good wrist shot but I haven't seen that one-timer before this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad