C Dylan Strome (2015, 3rd, ARI; traded to CHI) III

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

Has 5pts (4 goals and an assist) in 8 games so far for the Hawks. Has created a ton of chances for himself and doesn't look slow at all (more average, but with obvious deficiencies with his current stamina).

A lone bright spot on some dark weeks of hockey for us Hawks fans. Also, Schmaltz is doing really well so far for the Yotes, so everyone wins!

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
It was a bold move by Chayka considering he sent away Domi and watches as Max becomes Mr. Montreal almost overnight.

But giving up on three first rounders in a the span of a few months? Shouldn't the Coyotes be asking why are their top prospects not excelling for them before shipping them off for other teams' reclamation projects? I'd fire the Coyotes coach, assistants and probably the trainers as well before I'd trade a 21-year-old, former 3rd overall pick away.

He also received 2 1st rounders back, and one of them was a 23-year-old former 3rd overall pick.

Also, I think Chayka has done a fine job managing his team's assets. He traded them away before they lost too much value, and while I think it's clear that their developmental program is lacking after seeing how Domi and Strome are progressing, it's not something you can change mid-season. Changing HC mid-season is one thing, cleaning house is another.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Is pace for 43 points (23+20) in 62 games for the Blackhawks (20 games for the Yotes: 3+3)
So the projection is, in 82 games: 26 goals, 23 assists, 49 points. Almost 50 points.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Is pace for 43 points (23+20) in 62 games for the Blackhawks (20 games for the Yotes: 3+3)
So the projection is, in 82 games: 26 goals, 23 assists, 49 points. Almost 50 points.

With what 1 or 0 points in wins? Lots of points when the games are out of reach from what I have seen. He is that type of player to me games tighten up and he is a non factor.

I will admit he looks alot better than I expected him to look like at this point, he is producing but id like to see it when it counts.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
With what 1 or 0 points in wins? Lots of points when the games are out of reach from what I have seen. He is that type of player to me games tighten up and he is a non factor.

I will admit he looks alot better than I expected him to look like at this point, he is producing but id like to see it when it counts.
This is one of the dumbest arguments a person can make here. Hawks have won 4 out of the last 5 and he's been one of our best forwards during that time. But even if the team lost all those games, it's still not a knock on him if he's one of the guys who are producing out there. At that point the rest of the team is to blame.

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
People complain about his skating but his top speed is fine, first step needs improvement. That isn't his biggest weakness, he needs to get stronger on the puck. Perhaps working with Toews would help in that regard. Could easily be PPG on Hawks already.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

when it counts? when do points not count in a game?

and you obviously haven't been paying much attention because the kid has been performing when it counts, his offensive chance generation when on the ice has been absolutely impressive - I can't even count the amount of times his linemates either flubbed one of his passes or missed a glorious chance from him - and that was to start games too. if his line had much of any luck, kid would be over a ppg player as a Hawk.

this is coming from someone who was a bit upset with trading away Schmaltz, but Strome has been night in and night out in our top 3 players hands down since his trade here. he is easily better in nearly every facet of the game than our #2 center Anisimov, this trade seems to be a win win for both teams, but Strome has been absolutely impressive in every game I have watched him in a Hawks uniform.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005

Wasn’t he the Memorial Cup MVP?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
when it counts? when do points not count in a game?

and you obviously haven't been paying much attention because the kid has been performing when it counts, his offensive chance generation when on the ice has been absolutely impressive - I can't even count the amount of times his linemates either flubbed one of his passes or missed a glorious chance from him - and that was to start games too. if his line had much of any luck, kid would be over a ppg player as a Hawk.

this is coming from someone who was a bit upset with trading away Schmaltz, but Strome has been night in and night out in our top 3 players hands down since his trade here. he is easily better in nearly every facet of the game than our #2 center Anisimov, this trade seems to be a win win for both teams, but Strome has been absolutely impressive in every game I have watched him in a Hawks uniform.
When you are losing 5 to 1 in the third with 8 minutes left and he scores.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
This is one of the dumbest arguments a person can make here. Hawks have won 4 out of the last 5 and he's been one of our best forwards during that time. But even if the team lost all those games, it's still not a knock on him if he's one of the guys who are producing out there. At that point the rest of the team is to blame.
Lol its ok he's on your favorite team i get it.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Thanks Bert, here I thought you were acting like an unknowledgeable dick. Boy was I wrong to think that about the guy trying to explain why points only matter in certain circumstances.
But...but here’s PROOF:
When you are losing 5 to 1 in the third with 8 minutes left and he scores.
Don’t see how you can refute that. Dude scores in the third period while losing? Who does that?!

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Pots another multi-point game, nice feed on Kaners OT winner. (does that "count" ;))
That was Toews btw with the assist on Kane's OT winner, but Strome still had 2 assists and got robbed of another when Varlamov made an incredible save on DeBrincat after Strome found him from the other side of the ice and put the puck right on the tape of ADB's stick.
Strome now has 6+7=13 in 17 GP with the Hawks. That is a 62 point pace while with the Hawks. If he were to stay at this pace for the remainder of the season, he'd put up 50 points, 44 with the Hawks and 6 with the Coyotes. he'd end up with 23+27=50 for the season at this pace.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Played mostly 7-14 minutes a night for the Yotes with no talented 3rd&4th liners.
Now plays 18-20 minutes a night for the Hawks with likes of Kane,Toews,DeBrincat...

Strome was super under valued in Arizona, they just didn't understand what kind of player he was i reckon,
what kind of style of hockey he plays. Not sure is Tocchet very good coach for developing young players,
young players like Dylan Strome.

Reactions: Jakey53 and Yasuo

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
That was Toews btw with the assist on Kane's OT winner, but Strome still had 2 assists and got robbed of another when Varlamov made an incredible save on DeBrincat after Strome found him from the other side of the ice and put the puck right on the tape of ADB's stick.
Strome now has 6+7=13 in 17 GP with the Hawks. That is a 62 point pace while with the Hawks. If he were to stay at this pace for the remainder of the season, he'd put up 50 points, 44 with the Hawks and 6 with the Coyotes. he'd end up with 23+27=50 for the season at this pace.

Agreed on everything

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
Played mostly 7-14 minutes a night for the Yotes with no talented 3rd&4th liners.
Now plays 18-20 minutes a night for the Hawks with likes of Kane,Toews,DeBrincat...

Strome was super under valued in Arizona, they just didn't understand what kind of player he was i reckon,
what kind of style of hockey he plays. Not sure is Tocchet very good coach for developing young players,
young players like Dylan Strome.
It's really strange that they couldn't manage to get him ice time on such a terrible roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad