C Dean Letourneau - St. Andrew's College, CAHS (2024 Draft)

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Nope. He’s going to the USHL next season.
The last interview I saw with him, he said it was undecided. I’m guessing it’ll depend on how BCs roster shakes out next year. They’re definitely losing Gauthier, Ambrosio, Malone, and Armstrong. Their flight risks are Leonard, Smith, Perrault, Jellvik and Gasseau. Jellvik is the most likely of those guys to leave but I wouldn’t be shocked if any of the other guys leave. They’re adding Hagens, Stiga and Sondreal. Cornforth could come next year as he accelerated his schooling but the expectation is he’s a 2025 class guy. They’ll probably add 1-2 guys in the transfer portal. Like I said, it all depends on who leaves BC for the pros on Letourneau

Last edited:

MikeyS

Aug 28, 2023
Bob says that scouts are very perplexed with this guy.
Some have him top-15/20, while others have him as far down as third round.

MikeyS

Aug 28, 2023
Reactions: Chainshot and rt

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
He's from the Ottawa Valley there isn't much there, so whatever team drafts him he's more than likely going to sign with that team.

Of course assuming he's deserving of a contract and whatnot.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
His USHL play and then his WJC18 play for Canada will tell a lot.

Some players over the years have definitely hurt their draft stock after playing terrible competition, and then getting a handful or two of games against better competition sometime during the season and not playing well.

He could also play very well and help his stock. I would think at least .5PPG and being in the top half of Canada's forward core is what you'd like to see for him to stay where his stock is now or improve. Any worse, and you start questioning if it's the competition why he's having the success he is.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Bob says that scouts are very perplexed with this guy.
Some have him top-15/20, while others have him as far down as third round.
I honestly expected a bigger gap given the setup, considering every year it seems like there are players that are 1st rounders for some teams and straight-up DND for others.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Watched his two USHL games.

Big with pretty good skating, hands, and vision for his size. Good hockey sense. Don’t love his compete. He’s soft for a bigger forward, and doesn’t play that much around the net. I don’t think he’s a definite first round pick because I don’t see clear great abilities right now. You are hoping he gets stronger and starts using his size to his advantage. There might be enough teams that prefer another player that isn’t as far away from reaching their potential, but for his potential I think you could justify late first or early second.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Wonder if he's a Krys Kolanos type/style of player. Tall Canadian who went to BC and could really score at the Junior A and NCAA level.

Letourneau is such a mystery to me since he's not playing in the BCHL or USHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad