C Dean Letourneau - St. Andrew's College, CAHS (2024 Draft)

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
No, you said he was drafted at 6’3.
True, but my point still stands. he had a considerable growth spurt post draft.

i like how people act like Tage Thompson like players come around frequently yet we have only seen one in NHL history that is as big, fast and skilled as he is.

There is maybe one potential one I have seen, and that is Daniil But. Everyone else doesn’t have a chance at becoming even close to Tage.

Dean is going to become a Brian Boyle/Martin Hanzal type player if he reaches the NHL. NOT Tage Thompson.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Still, no points in 2 games for the quality of player he is perceived to be is concerning. Especially considering the biggest knock on him is the league he plays in. So as soon as he plays in a quality league, he doesn’t produce.

Some have him going in the late first. Not making conclusions, but something to keep an eye on.
You're kidding, right?

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
You said he was drafted at 6’3 which was completely pulled out of your ass
i remember reading somewhere he was 6’3 in his draft year, must have misremembered. I was wrong. It happens to the best of us.

Back to the topic at hand though, if you think Dean Letourneau is the next Tage Thompson. You are out of your mind and should never evaluate talent.

You're kidding, right?
I think it’s something to take note of, absolutely yes!

• Haha
Reactions: Isaac Nootin

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
i remember reading somewhere he was 6’3 in his draft year, must have misremembered. I was wrong. It happens to the best of us.

Back to the topic at hand though, if you think Dean Letourneau is the next Tage Thompson. You are out of your mind and should never evaluate talent.

I think it’s something to take note of, absolutely yes!
Not a single person has said he’s the next Tage Thomson.

The only time he was brought up was as an example about hitting or missing on big players.

Reactions: BigHitter67

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Not a single person has said he’s the next Tage Thomson.
“6’6 guys are a coin flip .. Tage Thompson if you’re lucky or a Logan Brown if youzre not”

it’s not a 50/50 chance at a big player becoming Thompson like that bloke tried to make people believe..

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
“6’6 guys are a coin flip .. Tage Thompson if you’re lucky or a Logan Brown if youzre not”

it’s not a 50/50 chance at a big player becoming Thompson like that bloke tried to make people believe.

it’s not a 50/50 chance at a big player becoming Thompson like that bloke tried to make people believe.
That’s on you if you can’t understand he never meant you have a 50/50 chance of getting Thomson when drafting a 6’6 player.

Irrelevant anyways, he was 6’3 when drafted…:laugh:

Reactions: BigHitter67

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
That’s on you if you can’t understand that statement doesn’t mean you have a 50/50 chance of getting Thomson.
Do you not know what is a coin flip? That’s on you for being ignorant to what a coin flip is for your x amount of years on earth.

f*** I wish prospect evaluation was that simple.

This is Dean Letourneau’s thread though. I’m done with people like you derailing it after an honest mistake and wanting to continue to flame me.

• Haha
Reactions: BondraTime

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Do you not know what is a coin flip? That’s on you for being ignorant to what a coin flip is for your x amount of years on earth.

f*** I wish prospect evaluation was that simple.

This is Dean Letourneau’s thread though. I’m done with people like you derailing it after an honest mistake and wanting to continue to flame me.
Someone tells you to “hit the road” are you going to leave or punch the road

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014
That’s on you if you can’t understand he never meant you have a 50/50 chance of getting Thomson when drafting a 6’6 player.

Irrelevant anyways, he was 6’3 when drafted…:laugh:
Thanks for trying to explain that to him ..lol.. too bad he took his ball and went home :)

MrCreamm

Nov 16, 2023
Bob's list has him taken at #32, really haven't heard much about this kid, I assume him being 6'6 has something to do with it. I also noticed he only has 2 games in the USHL, from the 31st of December, and is mainly playing in the PHC.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Bob's list has him taken at #32, really haven't heard much about this kid, I assume him being 6'6 has something to do with it. I also noticed he only has 2 games in the USHL, from the 31st of December, and is mainly playing in the PHC.
I think Castagna helps his case. Went 70th to AZ out of SAC last season. He’s having a fantastic freshman season with Cornell now. Letourneau is blowing Castagna’s production out of the water. So it seems the SAC to D1 path is valid.

Letourneau can potential play as many as 10 additional regular season games for Sioux Falls after SAC’a season ends. Sioux Falls could a decent post season. If he’s a valuable, productive member of the Stampede and ends up with a good amount of games and points, he might shoot up the rankings further.

Reactions: Dominance

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I think Castagna helps his case. Went 70th to AZ out of SAC last season. He’s having a fantastic freshman season with Cornell now. Letourneau is blowing Castagna’s production out of the water. So it seems the SAC to D1 path is valid.

Letourneau can potential play as many as 10 additional regular season games for Sioux Falls after SAC’a season ends. Sioux Falls could a decent post season. If he’s a valuable, productive member of the Stampede and ends up with a good amount of games and points, he might shoot up the rankings further.

Cornell plays against modest opponents. It is a small sports program which plays in the intellectual conference (the study aspect tends to supplant the sports aspect).

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Cornell plays against modest opponents. It is a small sports program which plays in the intellectual conference (the study aspect tends to supplant the sports aspect).
It's a down year for the ECAC outside of Quinnipiac but it's still really good hockey. I wouldn't downplay it that much

That said, I think it ultimately comes down to, is he Tage Thompson or Brian Boyle. I think he's more skilled than Boyle was, has better hands and vision but we'll see. It's a huge jump from St Andrews to the USHL nevermind NCAA. I think the idea he could be similar to Tage has some scouts drooling though

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
The problem is that if he achieves his potential it will likely take half a decade and he'll be with another team. Drafting a project like that is uber risky.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Some teams have time for patience. Just takes the right team in the right spot of the draft.
If by “patience” you mean “a desirable UFA location”, then agreed.

This guy screams four years in the NCAA straight to free agency, no?

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
If by “patience” you mean “a desirable UFA location”, then agreed.

This guy screams four years in the NCAA straight to free agency, no?
Who knows right? Thompson did 2 years at UConn and signed when he was no where near a finished product. Alex Tuch was far from a finished product when he left BC. The Bruins were able to sign a similar type project player as Letourneau with Lohrei. Sure guys like Blake Wheeler went to be an UFA but again, he was a project the Bruins gave up on for Rich Peverly. but we'll see. The biggest thing is whoever drafts him probably needs to be pretty patient

As a complete off topic, how badly do wild fans wish they had exposed Parise in the 2017 expansion draft and Vegas took him. Could've kept Tuch and fixed some of their cap issues. WOOF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad