C Connor Bedard - Regina Pats, WHL (2023 Draft) Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I can't wait to see him line up alongside Voracek, Little, Ladd & Weber along with the 5 more LTIR corpses Arizona trades for between now and Bedard's debut.

I agree that I doubt he will refuse to sign in Arizona if they draft him, but what a waste of a generational talent; As great as he'll almost certainly be, even he can't save that dumpster fire of a franchise.

As a hockey fan, I can only hope in his 2nd contract he goes for the minimum term to get him to free agency as quick as possible then signs virtually anywhere else.
If Bedard is drafted by Arizona I'd head over to Sweden rather than play for that sad sack perennial loser...ditto for Chicago...Fukc Buttcrack Bettman

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Pull a Lindros lol you know who else in the 50+ year history of the draft "pulled a Lindros"? Absolutely nobody. Anybody else remember why Lindros wouldn't go to Quebec city?
Lindros didn't want to go to Quebec city because he's a bigot and racist and hated Quebecois French.! Too bad the Nordiques moved to Colorado they would have had a Stanley Cup to brag about because Quebec GM fleeced Flyers in the Lindros deal;Forsberg,Hextall,Duchesne,Ricci,Huffman,Simon, 2 First rounders one in '93 and 94' draft and 15 Million dollars in 1992 money

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
He wouldn't go because the organization, mainly the owner, was in shambles. Not exactly the same as the Arizona situation but not totally different either.

It's best for the league that players go where they are drafted. Like many I'd rather Arizona not get Bedard due to what the organization is like (no issue with him going literally anywhere else) but I certainly wouldn't expect him to refuse to sign if Arizona drafts him.
If I recall, part of it was that he didn’t want to learn French.

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
Lindros didn't want to go to Quebec city because he's a bigot and racist and hated Quebecois French.! Too bad the Nordiques moved to Colorado they would have had a Stanley Cup to brag about because Quebec GM fleeced Flyers in the Lindros deal;Forsberg,Hextall,Duchesne,Ricci,Huffman,Simon, 2 First rounders one in '93 and 94' draft and 15 Million dollars in 1992 money
He hates French Canadians so much tthat he married a French Canadian girl. That Gawddamned racist!!!

By the way, get a clue.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
In some areas in the U.S., on NHL network, The Pat's game will be on now, 8pm est.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
If I recall, part of it was that he didn’t want to learn French.
There were all kinds of things thrown out at the time but I doubt that learning French was a big issue. I could see the political situation in Quebec being an issue (allegedly he was fine with going to Montreal though) in addition to general franchise issues but learning French doesn't seem that big of a deal or even completely necessary. I have no idea if Sakic ever learned French or if Sundin had learned French.

Reactions: SlafySZN

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
The Pats when Bedard is off the ice literally spend all their time defending in their own end.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
The Pats when Bedard is off the ice literally spend all their time defending in their own end.

Winnipeg is the top team in the entire CHL, many teams would be doing the same when their top line is off the ice.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Even with Bedard on the ice, they often spend most of his shift in the defensive zone. It’s just that Bedard is so good at making something out of nothing at the end of those shifts.

ozzie

Aug 3, 2005
Australia
There were all kinds of things thrown out at the time but I doubt that learning French was a big issue. I could see the political situation in Quebec being an issue (allegedly he was fine with going to Montreal though) in addition to general franchise issues but learning French doesn't seem that big of a deal or even completely necessary. I have no idea if Sakic ever learned French or if Sundin had learned French.

A lot of stuff has come out in recent years about the GM being rude / sleezy towards Eric's mom. I'n not sure if this has been manufactured over the years as a new excuse or what. I don't think he disliked Quebec or French.

I am sure Eric would have happily played for Montreal, last I checked that's in Quebec too.

It's easy to hate Eric and his family giving Quebec City the finger. I don't blame him at all, it was a dumpster fire, much like Arizona is now. I'd fully supported refusing to sign with them too. Keep in mind the CBA at the time was heavily in favour of the owners. Karma took care of it.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
110% of Matthews at peak goal scoring + 75% of Mcdavid at peak play making

K think his peak will be something like that

70 goals + 75 assist type peak at the NHL level

Is he the greatest WHL player ever? He has no playoff histroy unfortunately due to his team being ass and he kissed his rookie year mostly cuz of covid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad