C Connor Bedard - Regina Pats, WHL (2023 Draft) Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Last thread surpassed 1000 posts so It is time for a new one. Will Connor Bedard win his second Straight gold medal after having the best ever WJC tournament for a 17 year old player, while rewriting the Canadian record books at the tournament.

Part 1:
Part 2:
Part 3:
Part 4:

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
How many prospects have reached 5 separate threads?
Mods also used to strictly close threads right when they would hit 1000 posts. The past couple years they haven't bothered so much with that from my observations. Bedard's last thread reached 1400 posts so he would probably be on something close to 10 threads by now.

• Wow
Reactions: Muffinalt

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
"I don't want to talk about my performance. I don't want to talk about me." -Connor Bedard, cutting off the interviewer's question who wants to talk about his personal records.

I freakin love this guy!
“I love my boys, my team. I love my country! I love this place, this city!”

Connor Bedard is a f***ing BEAUTY and without a doubt a future captain (not to mention an all star)!

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Captain of my heart
CanadaFlag2-min_2048x.jpg

Reactions: Starships

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
Even if he had an off night, I think the records and back to back golds make him go down as the greatest international Canadian Youth/Junior Player (in addition to a u18 gold, rare for Canada) of all time…. And that goal against Slovakia will be remembered forever now that Canada has won gold

Reactions: Rengorlex

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
The single best player performance I've seen at the World Juniors since I started watching it way way back in '86.

I hope he is not gassed and has some juice in the tank to play one more tournament in May with the NHLers as he preps for his big Draft Day!

Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

ozzie

Aug 3, 2005
Australia
I am really curious if he experiences the World Cup boost and goes on a tear in the WHL. After playing with such skill, hopefully the game will slow down even more for him. Second half of his season could be a real ripper.

Reactions: Mr Buckles

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I am really curious if he experiences the World Cup boost and goes on a tear in the WHL. After playing with such skill, hopefully the game will slow down even more for him. Second half of his season could be a real ripper.
He already has 2.28 PPG and is still leading the WHL in points while missing time at the tournament.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
That one handed diving saucer pass to Stankoven was so incredible. Can't find a clip of it though.
It was insane lol...

Honestly, not to take anything away from Bedard because he's ridiculous, but I think he got a bit lucky on that pass. There is no way he planned for it to be a perfect sauce, but it ended up that way. He obviously meant for the pass to happen, and the dive showed an insane amount of hockey IQ, but for it to be a perfect sauce...well I find it hard to believe he meant to do it.

But I mean, he is Connor Bedard, so maybe he did...?

Reactions: jj cale and Realgud

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
It was insane lol...

Honestly, not to take anything away from Bedard because he's ridiculous, but I think he got a bit lucky on that pass. There is no way he planned for it to be a perfect sauce, but it ended up that way. He obviously meant for the pass to happen, and the dive showed an insane amount of hockey IQ, but for it to be a perfect sauce...well I find it hard to believe he meant to do it.

But I mean, he is Connor Bedard, so maybe he did...?
He's done those kinds of stick picks before.

I think it genuinely is something he has practiced and worked on.

Reactions: CanuckCity

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
He's done those kinds of stick picks before.

I think it genuinely is something he has practiced and worked on.

Interesting they kind of go into it here. He broke his wrist a few years back and spent the entire time with the broken wrist stickhandling and shooting with only one hand. His father and him credit it with making his shot better and you can see him absolutely rip some one handed shots lol

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

Interesting they kind of go into it here. He broke his wrist a few years back and spent the entire time with the broken wrist stickhandling and shooting with only one hand. His father and him credit it with making his shot better and you can see him absolutely rip some one handed shots lol

This happened to Patrick Kane when he was younger (before he was drafted) and he could only comfortably shoot backhanders for a while, so he got really good at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad