C Casey Mittelstadt (2017, 8th, BUF) II

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
First game for the Golden Gophers, exhibition vs the University of Alberta. Minnesota leads 4-2 in the 3rd. Mittelstadt 1G 2A

here's his goal, #21 puck on a string

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Arena was empty because it was an exhibition game starting just after the Vikings game ended, and the main highway to the U was shut down this weekend. Any given shift he can do something crazy.

Kc232

Hi
Aug 12, 2008
his level of confidence and skill is just so intriguing. More so that videos such as these pop up consistently.

Reactions: Fixxer

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
This kid is something else. Truthfully, I wanted the Sabres to draft a defenseman (Valimaki specifically), but man was I wrong. This kid is special. Speed, hands, IQ, size, passing. What a package of skills.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
But where's the upper body strength?

:laugh:

The kid is special. Doesn't mean that he will be a star in the NHL, but he is mesmerizing.

Reactions: Fixxer

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
And he's going to get to play behind Eichel.

Buffalo is shaping up really nicely.

I've liked Botterill for a lot of years and think he's got success written all over him.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Was at the Goohers-Duluth game last night.

He didn't get a ton of heavy usage, but liked what I saw when he was on the ice. He's quite fast and makes very smart quick passes.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
He really needs to be our 2nd impact forward ... Don't let us down Casey

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He sticks out offensively when he is on the ice. Defensively he is just sort of there...I mean, he's in the right places, for the most part, but pretty disinterested. We're not talking John Madden here, or even Eriksson - Ek. I wouldn't call him weak, but there is room for improvement strength wise and skating wise. He's got speed and the ability to get where he wants to go, but looks like he could use some work on his technique. Just trying to find some faults...even Gretzky was an awkward skater.

Anyone remember the " Magic Man", Kent Nilsson? There are some similarities. P Kane is the closest analogue nowadays. Kane is faster(though I have no idea how they compared at similar ages) and smaller, but there are a lot of similarities. Both are very slick with the puck, and have an almost predatory air about them when they have it in the O zone.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
He sticks out offensively when he is on the ice. Defensively he is just sort of there...I mean, he's in the right places, for the most part, but pretty disinterested. We're not talking John Madden here, or even Eriksson - Ek. I wouldn't call him weak, but there is room for improvement strength wise and skating wise. He's got speed and the ability to get where he wants to go, but looks like he could use some work on his technique. Just trying to find some faults...even Gretzky was an awkward skater.

Anyone remember the " Magic Man", Kent Nilsson? There are some similarities. P Kane is the closest analogue nowadays. Kane is faster(though I have no idea how they compared at similar ages) and smaller, but there are a lot of similarities. Both are very slick with the puck, and have an almost predatory air about them when they have it in the O zone.
Yeah, Middlestadt is very quick and has good acceleration but I don't think he has top speed to burn in the NHL. Good to hear that he has some defensive awareness. You can build on that with experience whereas if he was constantly out of position or just waiting at the blue line, I'd be a little concerned.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
This past weekend were his worst games in the NCAA by far.
Michigan was throwing the body on him the first game

It was also Minny's biggest game of the year against a fellow Big 10 school for ranking.
Just didn't do much at all.

But he has been good in the early portion of his season though.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
This past weekend were his worst games in the NCAA by far.
Michigan was throwing the body on him the first game

It was also Minny's biggest game of the year against a fellow Big 10 school for ranking.
Just didn't do much at all.

But he has been good in the early portion of his season though.

Agreed. He wasn't nearly as effective at creating much of anything although I didn't mind his d-zone play. He is usually pretty active in trying to win free pucks and that was still evident even if his offensive game was mostly stifled. Michigan did a great job of shutting him down. Hopefully Lucia can use those games as teachable moments.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad