C Casey Mittelstadt (2017, 8th, BUF) II

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I'm going to just agree to disagree. I asked my girlfriend and she also considers it rural. I'm sure it has something to do with what we consider rural. Lots of people could disagree. But again, it's not uh really not worth the argument

It's 12 miles from downtown Minneapolis.......

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
It's 12 miles from downtown Minneapolis.......

Lol and? You can go a couple different directions from the twin cities and get to some very rural areas. A couple miles from D.C. and you are in the woods. Not sure what your point is regarding proximity to a non-rural area.

As someone who lives outside of Minneapolis, and goes to EP plenty, if I consider it rural then that's my opinion. No idea why it's causing a debate when it doesn't matter at all.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Maybe we can change the thread title to whether or not EP is rural and whether rural-ness is correlated with pull-up strength!

smunson95

Aug 10, 2016
Minnesota
Lol and? You can go a couple different directions from the twin cities and get to some very rural areas. A couple miles from D.C. and you are in the woods. Not sure what your point is regarding proximity to a non-rural area.

As someone who lives outside of Minneapolis, and goes to EP plenty, if I consider it rural then that's my opinion. No idea why it's causing a debate when it doesn't matter at all.
Your opinion is idiotic. Anyway mitts is one of a kind

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I think though that it might actually be better to talk about Mittelstadt's game like his smooth skating, impressive stickhandling and creative passing than debating rural areas.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
*goes to google earth*
*types in Eden Prairie*

Anyone who thinks that's rural doesn't know what the word rural means.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Dont you know? If your city doesn't have a population more then 1 million people its rural. :sarcasm:

Haha yea because that's my opinion. I'm going to stick with anyone who has driven that flying cloud road and thought it wasn't rural is crazy. There is a mini airport with fields of nothing there for Christ sake!

Hey I'm sure people that live in areas of populations of 50 think a town of 500 is a city. EP is a rural area, DEAL WITH IT FOOLS. I'm going to take my hot take further, EP people must have an inferiority complex to the real city folk of Minneapolis thinking you are country :sarcasm:

(And I really like the people that don't in the area chiming in lol, it really doesn't make me want to go insane)

....After years of being on this forum, it is going to be this rural vs nonrural argument in the context of pull-ups in the context of a prospect that is going to drive me to insanity....cruel cruel world

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
We're all capable of using Google Maps and we're all familiar with the concept of urban/suburban/greenbelt - Eden Prairie is obviously a modern suburb. Connor McDavid is from Richmond Hill, a suburb of Toronto, Eden Prairie is 12 miles from Minneapolis, Richmond Hill is further from Toronto.

Looking at the age of homes in EP I'm sure 20 years ago it was a lot more rural than it is today. Prices look to be ~$4-600K for a nice family home, that's hockey today, kids from upper middle class background can afford it, others need not apply. :(

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
um, he's kinda right. i street viewed EP and there is a lot of undeveloped greenbelt. it's definitely more rural than Richmond Hill. i could not live in this place, it's for young families.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
um, he's kinda right. i street viewed EP and there is a lot of undeveloped greenbelt. it's definitely more rural than Richmond Hill. i could not live in this place, it's for young families.

Alright, super stupid argument, but EP is absolutely not rural. There is not a single farmer that lives in EP and it is uber wealthy, people make fun of Edina for being cake eaters but EP has been considered the wealthier city since the late 90's. EP was best city to live in 2010 and was 2nd last year again, always top ten. Its where the NFLers live and has a super high income per capita along with some of the best schools in the nation. It is upper class suburb all the way and has been since development picked up in the 80s. If EP is considered rural for its greenbelt then so it Minneapolis and St. Paul, its MN, there are going to be lakes, parks and conversed outdoor areas, that what Minnesotans like in all of their cities.

Wow, who would think that an airport would be surrounded by empty fields that the government bought everyone out of in the 90's????

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Alright, super stupid argument, but EP is absolutely not rural. There is not a single farmer that lives in EP and it is uber wealthy, people make fun of Edina for being cake eaters but EP has been considered the wealthier city since the late 90's. EP was best city to live in 2010 and was 2nd last year again, always top ten. Its where the NFLers live and has a super high income per capita along with some of the best schools in the nation. It is upper class suburb all the way and has been since development picked up in the 80s. If EP is considered rural for its greenbelt then so it Minneapolis and St. Paul, its MN, there are going to be lakes, parks and conversed outdoor areas, that what Minnesotans like in all of their cities.

Wow, who would think that an airport would be surrounded by empty fields that the government bought everyone out of in the 90's????

What does wealth or how nice of an area it is have anything to do with it? I think iv said multiple time so like the area. And who cares why there is an airport, it's still nothing but fields around there. And for that matter, there is next to nothing really going on in the southern part of EP at all.

I'm sorry my tongue in cheek comment that EP is rural has set off such a dumb argument. I didn't think it would, I still stand by it that places like that are rural. Anything less than St Louis park is pretty rural to me. I remeber getting loss on the flying cloud road a few years ago and it was an annoying rural maze. It's my opinion, and maybe it's from me always living in metropolitan areas, but your going to have to deal with people having opinions you disagree with.

I'm checking out of it. And you know what, this argument has more hockey relevance than combine pull-ups so boom.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
So Mittelstadt plays a rural style of hockey? :sarcasm:

Guys, should all literally be ashamed of yourselves for talking about this in this thread. :help:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Strong game again tonight so far. Love his ability to win puck battles along the boards nearly as much as his ability to gain the zone.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
He's going to be the second best forward on the Sabres. I more excited about him then I was with both Reinhart and Nylander.

Edit: Forgot about ROR

Last edited:

Plickspect

Jan 21, 2016
Eden Prairie is rural? :laugh:

7th largest city in the metro, 12th largest city in the entire state, second ring suburb, population 61k... is rural because it has some undeveloped land near the river and an (lol) airport? If you drive through Eden Prairie and think it's rural you should stop driving because you're blind.

Eden Prairie is the definition of suburbia.

Also fun fact anything over 50k population is considered urban by the census bureau. I'd probably side with them.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad