C Auston Matthews (2016, 1st, TOR) VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

scan15*

May 11, 2016
GTA
Matthews is a very opportunistic scorer. None of his goals have been lucky, they've been the result of him going to the net at the right time and having his stick on the ice. But I still think 39 is much too optimistic. I think he'll be closer to 30.

Also, did anyone notice that his shootout goal last night was very similar to one that he had in the World Championships.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
That's what I said yesterday. Matthews and Nylander dont hesitate to get the puck on net. Second highest shots/game for a centre in the league.

I think it was Marc Crawford that said he thought Matthews would lead all rookies in shots on net. Most importantly, he hasn't been forcing shots. He and Nylander are just giving each other prime scoring opportunities.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
yeah willy and matthews were buzzing in the third and parts of the 2nd, they scored 2 for us but they could have easily had another two. Looking like the sedins out there, with how well they are finding each other.

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
Matthews is a great prospect, Laine is a great prospect. Dont know why everyone is complaining, very little scouts had Laine at #1.....

Winnipeg should be excited about Laine though, guy looks like an elite goal scorer

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
Matthews is a great prospect, Laine is a great prospect. Dont know why everyone is complaining, very little scouts had Laine at #1.....

Winnipeg should be excited about Laine though, guy looks like an elite goal scorer

Either could be the best player of the draft.. who knows maybe someone comes out of the 7th round and is the best?

Not really a big-deal both teams got players to build a foundation on.. This isn't a measuring contest - it's an accumulation of pieces to win the Stanley Cup.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
cropped_matthews.jpg

Auston as the Ken Bone

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Some of you should get rid off the habit of shouting at other teams when your guy is doing great. It's rather pathetic.

Another 2 point game for Matthews, seems like him and Nylander are really starting to carry Toronto on their backs.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
EDM isn't getting nervous. Another generational player in the league is good for everyone. Unless all their fans are children, they aren't going to be upset that there's another player in the same league as their star.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Kids incredible. Him and Nylander will be the best duo in hockey very soon. Already up there

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
EDM isn't getting nervous. Another generational player in the league is good for everyone. Unless all their fans are children, they aren't going to be upset that there's another player in the same league as their star.

I'm just happy we have a player who can be mentioned along those lines. Don't really care about these comparisons whatsoever

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Edmonton fans are getting nervous.

A few maybe, but not most. McDavid as captain has our team playing the best it has in essentialy 10 years, defence looks much improved and Talbot looks to be a solid goalie. McDavid will finish top 10 in scoring and most won't care if Matthews scores more if the Oilers make the playoffs or improve in general.

I personally am cheering for Matthews to succeed so that the TO media doesn't attack him like they so many previous players for the Leafs.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
Some of you should get rid off the habit of shouting at other teams when your guy is doing great. It's rather pathetic.

Another 2 point game for Matthews, seems like him and Nylander are really starting to carry Toronto on their backs.

carry them where?

Jephman

Jun 1, 2010

As an Edmonton fan I echo this. Matthews is a joy to watch. I hope you guys feel the same when you watch McDavid. They make any game exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad