C Adam Fantilli - (2023, 3rd, CBJ) Part 2

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Shows you how ridiculous a pace calculation is for a rookie who is 28 games into his inaugural season
Now he’s on pace for over 40 points, see how quick it can change up or down this early.

The same clowns that spout off about
“pace calculations” are the usual suspects.

Eichel was mentioned recently

Adam Fantilli through 28 games
15 points

Jack Eichel through 28 games
13 points
(30 range pace) I thought that was what Fantilli was scoring at…… but then it obviously changed.

Eichel was an elite prospect and is good player now. Shows you how rookies transition from the NCAA and are feeling it out.

Last edited:

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
No.

However, a team should not be drafting for "need" when the possibility is that they could be a bottom of the division team. If you are that far away, you should be in the rebuilding phase, and you take whoever you think is the best player in that spot.

Whether Fantilli was the right pick where he was selected, the idea that they took him because he was a center over another player when everyone can see the team is nowhere close to contending should have you questioning the philosophy. Yes, no one disputes Columbus needs centers to be a better team. However, we could be talking about for a window that opens in 4 years. The fact that the GM and President thought it started now and they were going to accomplish it starting now partly by using a 3rd overall pick to fill that need is a big red flag about the job they are doing.
While I really like Michov, Fantilli was extrmely projecatbale into the #1 franchise center that every team drools about and this is looking like a very good part of the future in columbus.

Do I ever think Fantill will be a top 5 player in the league...probably not as he might top out in the top10 level, but he is still a great guy to build around.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Selanne used to always talk about once the ketchup starts flowing it doesn’t stop, feel like that’s tonight for Fantilli. That between the legs sauce was so nasty, even more impressive than the goal which was also nice.

Reactions: Marioesque and Kalv

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Fantilli is the only reason this Jackets squad ain't complete dogshit. He's legit. I like this kid and HATE that he's in our division for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: ThisIsMyAlibi

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Fantilli is the only reason this Jackets squad ain't complete dogshit. He's legit. I like this kid and HATE that he's in our division for the foreseeable future.
He's not the only reason, there's a few bright spots. Voronkov looks like he's going to be force to be reckoned with for a long time, he's top 10 in rookie scoring and is averaging a few minutes less/game than most everyone else around him. Marchenko is also pretty freaking good as well. Everyone knew the CBJ were a long shot to make the playoffs this season. But I don't think most of us thought we'd be this bad. We've had a ton of one goal games and the vets have been extremely disappointing outside of Jenner and lately Werenski.

The major logjam of RHD that we had, are now being used as Severson, Boqvist and Gudbranson are all out leaving Jiricek, Peeke and Blankenberg on the right

ThisIsMyAlibi

Fantilli&Werenski&Gaudreau&Laine&Johnson&Jiricek
Mar 16, 2010
Ohio
It's a good thing he did that. As HF pundits will tell you, at his advanced age and given his draft pedigree he was edging close to bust territory so far into his NHL career.
Only on HFboards can somebody be past their prime while still a prospect. Lmao

Reactions: My3Sons

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

Fantilli now 3rd on the team in goals with 9, 1 back of Marchenko and 4 back of Jenner.

Fantilli with 2 points so far tonight and 7 pts in his last 7 games.

Edit: he's also tied for 3rd on the team in points(19) with Marchenko, behind Gaudreau(20) and Werenski(24)

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
He should be, but maybe they are keeping Jarmo around to tank for 2024.

I wouldn’t expect him to take the right player though, even if the tanking went well.

Not only Jarmo either. John Davidson doesn’t have a clue.

Yeah their recent drafting looks horrible

Top picks
Fantilli
Johnson
Jiricek

Later picks
Marchenko
Voronkov
Mateychuk
Dumais
Chinakhov
Brindley

It’s amazing how little u24 talent a rebuilding has..
If only they had the Rangers drafting department

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad