Player Discussion: Byfuglien - Managing the asset

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
But for reals, how does Buff train? He has to do something besides fishing, right?

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
I read that he participates in a summer league in his home town with a few other pros.

Reactions: GNP

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
I read that he participates in a summer league in his home town with a few other pros.

Thanks. Do you know any more details? Google isn't much help as this is the first hit when searching for it:
BUFFFFFFFFWEDDDDD.jpg

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg

I just wonder why your not in some exciting exotic place like Alaska doing some deep sea halibut fishing Larmex ? instead of enduring the never ending stifling heat of Mexico ? :)

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013

I just wonder why your not in some exciting exotic place like Alaska doing some deep sea halibut fishing Larmex ? instead of enduring the never ending stifling heat of Mexico ? :)
Using your ESP, GNP? In Alaska now and going out on the ocean for a halibut trip on Thursday. You are good......

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Thanks. Do you know any more details? Google isn't much help as this is the first hit when searching for it:
BUFFFFFFFFWEDDDDD.jpg
Sorry, I think I heard it on a Wild broadcast a couple of years ago. They were talking about players who played in this rec league and listed Buff. They said they played 3 games a week and mentioned that Buff liked to take 5 minute shifts. Some things never change......

Reactions: Tommigun

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Using your ESP, GNP? In Alaska now and going out on the ocean for a halibut trip on Thursday. You are good......

You lucky Dog Larmex - I read that some guy caught a 240 lb Halibut last year at Homers - WOW -that's one big tasty fish. I love halibut but it's pretty expensive here. Their not a good looking fish, but really tasty I'll tell ya. Please do send me some up here -- I'd love it.

I guess you must have unbridled the yacht and sailed up to Alaska, with full internet on board. You know how to live right --that's for sure. Just be careful of the Polar Bears, their hungry at this time of year, and will eat "anything." Their waiting for the ice to form, to go out to sea, and eat seals. Maybe I have that wrong -- there may not be Polar bears there -just Grizzly and Kodiaks. I was thinking more of Churchhill.

If only I could be a world globe trotter like yourself Larmex. :)

PS- we're sort of having a Mexican summer here, but I'm not complaining, as winter is just around the corner.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013

You lucky Dog Larmex - I read that some guy caught a 240 lb Halibut last year at Homers - WOW -that's one big tasty fish. I love halibut but it's pretty expensive here. Their not a good looking fish, but really tasty I'll tell ya. Please do send me some up here -- I'd love it.

I guess you must have unbridled the yacht and sailed up to Alaska, with full internet on board. You know how to live right --that's for sure. Just be careful of the Polar Bears, their hungry at this time of year, and will eat "anything." Their waiting for the ice to form, to go out to sea, and eat seals. Maybe I have that wrong -- there may not be Polar bears there -just Grizzly and Kodiaks. I was thinking more of Churchhill.

If only I could be a world globe trotter like yourself Larmex. :)

PS- we're sort of having a Mexican summer here, but I'm not complaining, as winter is just around the corner.
You kill me GNP. Don’t have a boat, but I have the only thing better than a boat.......a friend with a boat. No self respecting polar bear would eat an old grizzled fart like me. Hope you are having a great summer, man!

Reactions: GNP

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
You kill me GNP. Don’t have a boat, but I have the only thing better than a boat.......a friend with a boat. No self respecting polar bear would eat an old grizzled fart like me. Hope you are having a great summer, man!

The reason why I thought you had a yacht was that one of your contacts on Linkedin was the yacht manager in the Bajha area in Mexico where you live. I thought she probably worked for you, and looked after your boat ? I guess I was wrong -- however, a friend with a boat is even better -- you don't have the expense of maintaining it. I do have a great recall memory, and like to keep track of the important people in life. ( could be wrong about this tho?)

Hope you have a great fishing trip and summer Larmex. :)

Your probably right - what Grizzly would want to knaw on an old grizzled fart like you or me. :laugh:

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
BUFFFFFFFFWEDDDDD.jpg

Buff looks like he's carrying an extra 40 lbs around in his gut area, in this picture. He's going to have to drop some weight I think.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I'll tell ya right now, Buff is not going to age well. It's clear the team is pushing him to maintain a certain weight and conditioning level, but eventually his natural inclination to be "big-boned" will return and we can only hope he isn't on another Bad Chevy contract extension when that happens.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
If his play doesn't fall off too much, I'd be okay with one year deals until he retires.
Say, something like 4.5m when he comes off of his current deal if his play hasn't nosedived too much.

Reactions: GNP and Jets 31

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I'll tell ya right now, Buff is not going to age well. It's clear the team is pushing him to maintain a certain weight and conditioning level, but eventually his natural inclination to be "big-boned" will return and we can only hope he isn't on another Bad Chevy contract extension when that happens.
Buff's already aged a lot better than a lot of us suspected he would. He's 34 and still able to impose his will on the game. Hopefully he avoids major injuries this year.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I wouldn't be surprised if Buff pulled the pin when this contract is done , only 2 more seasons with Buff .:cry: Hope he stays healthy for the next 2 years , watching the Jets won't be the same without Buff .

He’s awesome.
Unique talent absolutely, entertaining undoubtedly....we were lucky to see him play the majority of his career here.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
I thought this picture was from a while back. No?
Yes, I believe this was the first off season after our first season getting the team back. I believe Buff had lost a close relative during that off season which hit him hard, and belief was that caused him his huge weight increase.

Regardless of any pics, Buff has given us some great seasons in his 30s, and served his current contract very well.

I also believe that you allow Buff to retire a Jet, as part of the 2.0 era. While getting some value back before he expires serves some value, keeping him till the end helps serve the team's culture and history which is more important IMO.

We will always struggle luring top players in to our market. By having our most marketable, fan favorite retire as a Jet shows that top players want to play here.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Buff isn’t great at D and regularly screws the team by, randomly, deciding to go on offence and leaving the defence with a hole on his side.
But, that being said, his physical play and presence on ice is impossible to replace and would leave the team much weaker if he wasn’t on it.
I agree with Jets 31 in that...
I wouldn't be surprised if Buff pulled the pin when this contract is done , only 2 more seasons with Buff .:cry: Hope he stays healthy for the next 2 years , watching the Jets won't be the same without Buff .

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00