News Article: Byfuglien Article [RE: his thoughts on Kane]

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Any chance that it wasn't so much that Kaner hated Winnipeg, it was that he didn't get along with his teammates?

What we see as him not liking Winnipeg, they likely saw as him not liking their team.

Potato/potato.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Some people say there is no "I" in "TEAM".

448bf31df373604a31f214412d443a8b.jpg

The Jets had an "I" in their "TEAM" and decided it best be removed.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
If they ever made a movie of the incident, perhaps calling it the 'Kane Mutiny'

who would star as Dustin Byfuglien? Forest Whitaker?
Evander Kane? Will Smith?
Paul Maurice? Bryan Cranston?

Shaq would revive his acting career for this one

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
It was a good article but this part was a little much

He’s the smiling giant, standing in the middle of a Winnipeg classroom with children clinging to linebacker legs looking up to catch his every word.

Does Gary actually mean a Winnipeg classroom as in the reading takes flight program or is he using this as an analogy to describe the Jets' locker-room as little Nic Petan or little Toby Enstrom cling to Big Buff's massive tree trunk like legs?

Last edited:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I like the Chevy trade. Packaging him with Bogo was a brilliant idea - got a couple of good roster players and some futures. It was more complicated and might have taken a bit more time, but turned out fine.

I don't disagree, but it's possible it could out even better. But we can move on now, old news.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
I wanna know Lawless' source on that 302 lb claim, I just don't believe it. You can't gain 42 pounds over 3.5 months while playing over 1000 minutes of professional hockey, it's just not possible. I'm pretty sure he's basing that claim on a hockey buzz rumour from an insurance salesman and that's just cringe worthy

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
I knew it.

Buff is a hero for paving the way for the Jets to trade that locker room cancer. We should resign them, and make him captain, if Ladd goes elsewhere. Buff is the heart and soul of the Jets.

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
What's the big mystery about "the shower incident?" Kane was a jerk who nobody liked and he showed up to a team meeting in his track suit (again) which got thrown by the only other dude on the team who could get away with it into the drink causing him (Kane) to be traded. There's no mystery...unless you think specifics like who said what to whom are significant.

the rumor that Kane left the arena literally in tears would be fun to have confirmed...

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Kane is not only an overrated hockey plaer, but he is also a coward. Saying that he would like to drop the gloves with Ladd or Wheeler speaks volumes. Kane is terrified of Big Buff, and even though they despise each other with great intensity, Kane would fake an injury and sit out, rather than dealing with the consequences of his actions (i.e. drop the gloves with Byfuglien).

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Kane is not only an overrated hockey plaer, but he is also a coward. Saying that he would like to drop the gloves with Ladd or Wheeler speaks volumes. Kane is terrified of Big Buff, and even though they despise each other with great intensity, Kane would fake an injury and sit out, rather than dealing with the consequences of his actions (i.e. drop the gloves with Byfuglien).

didn't look much of a coward on the ice to me. I guess not many cowards would KO Matt Cooke in their rookie season.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
My understanding of HF Boards rule is that I am still not allowed to cite first person experience with Evander Kane himself in a social setting, nor am I allowed to cite second person experience with Kane from numerous friends in the industry.

All I can say is that this article:
A) corroborates everything I have ever heard and witnessed about the two agents in track-suit-shower-Gate,
B) sets an EPIC standard of journalism of Gary Lawless,
C) reinforces in me now that we have at every step of the way had valid statistical, ethical and moral right to say that we won that trade with Buffalo.

Last edited:

Klinger

I was saying Boourns
Aug 27, 2013
PEI
If a Kane vs Buff movie doesn't star Kevin Hart and Craig Robinson respectively, I'm not watching it.

ellismate

Jun 9, 2015
SK
If they ever made a movie of the incident, perhaps calling it the 'Kane Mutiny'

who would star as Dustin Byfuglien? Forest Whitaker?
Evander Kane? Will Smith?
Paul Maurice? Bryan Cranston?

Danny trejo as buff

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
OK clearly the actors should be:

Lawrence Fishburne as Byfuglien

Don Cheadle as Kane

Daniel Day Lewis as Paul Maurice

hello oscar

p.s. Eric Bana as Ondrej Pavelec

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
I used to think the most interesting player on the Jets to sit down and have a beer with was Slater.

Now I think it would be Byfuglien.

If you had visited the Whiskey Bar in Osborne you may have ran into Slater once or twice during the two seasons he missed significant time due to injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad