News Article: Byfuglien Article [RE: his thoughts on Kane]

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
http://www.tsn.ca/byfuglien-remains-the-nhl-s-most-enigmatic-force-1.388494

"Byfuglien, who at one point last season told his agent to let Jets general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff know if he didn’t trade Kane he would someday have to move him, didn’t go rogue. He had the support of his team-mates."

Soo.... I guess all the Rumours and Bullcrap about Kane being a difficult personality were true.

I'll be accepting apologies now.

As much as I loved him on Ice and hoped he had turned it around I now see even more clearly what a POS Kane really is. Glad he's gone

R3DDRAG0N

Beaver Mafia
Aug 25, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm not sure I'd call him a POS, I think the core of the issue is maturity problems. The guy has a ton of growing up to do and unfortunately (who cares now anyway) it won't happen until his career and savings account are gone. The guy is living in a bubble right now, but it will come crashing down soon enough.

I really liked the article about Buff and hope we are able top keep him as it sounds like he has quite the dressing room presence and I fear losing him may have adverse effects in that regard.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
http://www.tsn.ca/byfuglien-remains-the-nhl-s-most-enigmatic-force-1.388494

"Byfuglien, who at one point last season told his agent to let Jets general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff know if he didn’t trade Kane he would someday have to move him, didn’t go rogue. He had the support of his team-mates."

Soo.... I guess all the Rumours and Bullcrap about Kane being a difficult personality were true.

I'll be accepting apologies now.

As much as I loved him on Ice and hoped he had turned it around I now see even more clearly what a POS Kane really is. Glad he's gone

Wow, great article by the Lawman if I must say so. I do love Buff, but there's times when I hate the way he plays.

That tidbit of info on Kane I have never seen published before really shows that Kane was not well liked by his teammates. Something I'd heard rumored & generally believed, but like many of these rumors -- where there's smoke, there's fire.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Buff is unique. Buff is skilled. Buff is entertaining. But he can be frustrating as well.

Ask any team in the NHL if they would like Buff and they would all say yes... even with some of the negatives that come with his game. Players like Buff don't come along every day.

I can't imagine the human wreckage Buff would have left on the ice, if he had been playing in the NHL back in the 60s or 70s without all the player safety stuff in place now. Or the carnage he could leave if he always played with a mean streak.

I would like to have Buff play with a little more "come in my end and I will punish you" style.

Derfel*

I used to think the most interesting player on the Jets to sit down and have a beer with was Slater.

Now I think it would be Byfuglien.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Wait...there's still people who have doubts about how the team felt about Kane??? :amazed:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Highlights the fact that Chevy should of traded Kane well before he did. Past now, no point debating it further.

Like Buff, not sure keep him is best. Chevy use your brain, not your heart. Buff is a good guy, if he is traded I will miss him

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
I've always been in the "Sign Buff" camp, and really hope that Chevy can get a deal done. He's not perfect, but no one does what he can do.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I didn't know what happened with the shower incident and we won't until Kane releases a book about his life.

The locker room very publicly forced a trade of Kane. and Chevy made miracles with that situation.

Derfel*

Yeah I'm wondering this too. Slater is notoriously cheap, you would most likely have to pay for the beer.

That's fine - I'd likely pay for his too.

From what I heard from him in the media and other spots, he just seemed one of the more "worldly" players. Wouldn't just be "bro" talk, etc. After this article, I'd suspect Buff would give up a good conversation as well.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
I didn't know what happened with the shower incident and we won't until Kane releases a book about his life.

The locker room very publicly forced a trade of Kane. and Chevy made miracles with that situation.

If they ever made a movie of the incident, perhaps calling it the 'Kane Mutiny'

who would star as Dustin Byfuglien? Forest Whitaker?
Evander Kane? Will Smith?
Paul Maurice? Bryan Cranston?

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
I've always been in the "Sign Buff" camp, and really hope that Chevy can get a deal done. He's not perfect, but no one does what he can do.

Plus, defencemen generally have shallower aging curves.

And a declining PPQB D-man could more easily get the 30 points needed to remain tradeable than a largely-5-on-5-scoring winger could get the 45-50 points needed.

I think there are a lot of things that make Byfuglien a less risky extension than Ladd, but all everyone sees is the letter on Ladd's chest and Byfuglien's imaginary weight.

Derfel*

who would star as Dustin Byfuglien? Forest Whitaker?
Evander Kane? Will Smith?
Paul Maurice? Bryan Cranston?

Wow - that's a great idea for a series of threads! Who would play who in a Jets movie?

(Forest Whitaker? Really??)

peg

Jul 8, 2010
All we know with certainty about the shower incident is that no one had Kane's back.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Highlights the fact that Chevy should of traded Kane well before he did. Past now, no point debating it further.

Like Buff, not sure keep him is best. Chevy use your brain, not your heart. Buff is a good guy, if he is traded I will miss him

I like the Chevy trade. Packaging him with Bogo was a brilliant idea - got a couple of good roster players and some futures. It was more complicated and might have taken a bit more time, but turned out fine.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
What's the big mystery about "the shower incident?" Kane was a jerk who nobody liked and he showed up to a team meeting in his track suit (again) which got thrown by the only other dude on the team who could get away with it into the drink causing him (Kane) to be traded. There's no mystery...unless you think specifics like who said what to whom are significant.

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
Any chance that it wasn't so much that Kaner hated Winnipeg, it was that he didn't get along with his teammates?

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I'd say equal measures of both but I think if he loved it here he'd probably have been easier to get along with...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad