Burrows for Dahlen Part 2 | Rage and Anger Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Did Dorion say he was brought in for the Top 6?

I might be remembering wrong but I think he said that Burrows is a guy that play anywhere in the lineup and that he could play Top 6 if needed.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Did Dorion say he was brought in for the Top 6?

I might be remembering wrong but I think he said that Burrows is a guy that play anywhere in the lineup and that he could play Top 6 if needed.
I think you're remembering correctly

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
When the deal was done .... I penciled him in to the 4th Line... to the shegrin of some on the lineup thread. I never imagined top 6. I do not recall Dorion saying he was brought in to be a top 6 forward. I am surprised to see this. I still maintain I like the acquisition , but think we paid too much. In a small sample... we have no idea if he's playing banged up. He did have more energy the first couple of games.

I think he is still a good bottom 6er.

yes dorion said that burrows would play on the 1st line and/or that they thought they were getting a 1st line player

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Burrows's job from what I can tell is to stand in front of the net, that's his assignment every single time he's in the O-zone, and he does it without hesitation, he doesn't do fly bys or stand off to the side for tips, he's directly in the line of fire every single time he's in the O zone. Not sexy, but I've noticed there's a ton more congestion in the blue paint when he's on the ice.

In the playoffs, having him be in Fredy Andersson's face for the 4 games it'll take us to sweep the Leaves will be gold. I can't really see the Leafs D being able to handle a vet who knows every refs tendency, knows the goalie himself from the Western Conference and has made a living being a pain.

A bit surprised at how quiet he's been recently, but when I watched the last game I had eyes on him and he basically just stands in the blue paint - he's our version of Dino Ciccerelli, without the Ciccerelli

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
I'm not sure he said that at all. My recollection was that he said they picked up a character guy who could play up and down the line up.

In fairness, he WAS playing on our 'top line' before Stone got injured.

That's what I remember too. Also a lot of talk about our much improved bottom 6, with Wingels, Stalberg and Burrows replacing guys who clearly weren't getting it done.
Burrows has been quiet for a while, although he had a great shift with Turris and Wingels late in the third, keeping the Bruins in their own end for a precious minute with time running out.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Dorion never meant Burrows is a 1st line player. Just that he could slot in beside Turris and Stone. He COULD... and when you look at what Stone has done with Smith and Pageau... I don't see the problem with Burrows playing with those guys on the "top line".

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
According to Dorion, was brought in to play in the top 6. As a top 6 forward he's definitely been disappointing.

yes dorion said that burrows would play on the 1st line and/or that they thought they were getting a 1st line player

Dorion never meant Burrows is a 1st line player. Just that he could slot in beside Turris and Stone. He COULD... and when you look at what Stone has done with Smith and Pageau... I don't see the problem with Burrows playing with those guys on the "top line".

How would you two like to settle this... Duel? Thumb Wrestling?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Yeah, but anyone posting here could probably look decent alongside Stone. Dude is just magical how he can make anyone look great.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
How about that Cody Ceci in OT?

Great performance.

Yeah.

I was worried when he started off trying to carry the puck out from behind his own net and down the left wing. He had the middle on his backhand, was kind of vulnerable to turning it over. But he made it work, was faster than I give him credit for, and found Pageau.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
How about that Cody Ceci in OT?

Great performance.

I admitted he in the gdt he had a near flawless third and great plays in OT

I make it a point to say when players I usually hate on have had good games. Or good periods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad