GDT: Burning players from Calgary vs Choke Artists from Carolina

AeroFishOne

The Curriest of the Curry’s
Feb 5, 2010

Luke DeCock
@LukeDeCock

One last thing: After this loss, Jordan Staal was at his locker. He answered questions. He was the de facto captain last year and he's the de facto sole captain this year. Ton of respect for that.

So Luke doesn’t think much of Faulk I guess.

Hard to argue with it. Jordan has been playing hard this year where as Faulk looks like he’s playing with a bag over his head. Wonder if Peters has the guts to take the C off Faulk or if he even should.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
To me, the de facto captain is the one who was laid out on the ice before missing the rest of the game. This is a completely different team with Aho leading the way, and if we had better goaltending it would be even more obvious.

Jordan Staal is a decent leader by example, but still a bit too much like his brother for my liking.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Whispers: we have had extremely few games missed this year, no?

I was to afraid to say that all year because being a Canes fan makes you a psycopathic paranoid supertitious person but now that Aho broke the ice....

I remember some years like 08ish with 3000 games missed??

Yeah, and its really sad to think that we play half a seson with only 1 guy injured and are barely hanging on and Boston at one point was playing with their entire AHL squad and look at their record. Its like 2010-2011 when other teams were eaten alive by injuries, and we had a miraculous season of very little injuries and still missed the playoffs by a point.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Your team really needs to go get Evander Kane right now. Maroon or Kassian. Did you see how Anaheim took care of business against LA Saturday night for a cheap shot a couple months ago on Ondrej Kase? Your team needs tough guys

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Your team really needs to go get Evander Kane right now. Maroon or Kassian. Did you see how Anaheim took care of business against LA Saturday night for a cheap shot a couple months ago on Ondrej Kase? Your team needs tough guys
*Sigh*....fine....i'll call Botterill and Chiarelli. What do you guys think, what should i offer?

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Get rid of softy Skinner and a prospect Buff may want. You need this piece. Didn't come to cause trouble

Reactions: Tryamw

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
Brutal hit...very tough to see Aho need help off the ice...but he can't go cross-ice, carrying the puck with his head down. Looked like he thought he could toe-drag around Gio...just a terrible decision.

It's a play that happens very fast...Gio basically stood his ground and leaned into him...gonna go against the grain here and say the hit was not inherently dirty. He either has to play the puck or the body and the body is clearly the right play.

Now, with that being said, I will not be surprised if Gio does get a suspension...but more so due to the league's zero-tolerance for head contact.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I can't believe that hit is even debatable. Was the knee incidental? Maybe, but tough to shake that reputation. It couldn't be any more clear cut on the headshot though. He better get 3 at a minimum (without knowing his priors).

It's a play that happens very fast...Gio basically stood his ground and leaned into him...gonna go against the grain here and say the hit was not inherently dirty. He either has to play the puck or the body and the body is clearly the right play.

If only he had played the body and not the head.

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
If only he had played the body and not the head.

He clearly catches Aho's head...no debate.

The league and most everyone wants to see this type of contact out of the game...no debate.

However, given the circumstances of the hit, I do not believe it was a deliberate head target...more of a deliberate play-the-body attempt in a very fast play with a bad outcome.

In other words, it's manslaughter and not 1st degree murder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad