GDT: Burning players from Calgary vs Choke Artists from Carolina

Stormie

Jan 8, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I mean what can the league do other than suspend players when this happens? They don't physically control every player. Seems like dirty hits are at an all time low. Just really sucks when it happens to one of us. And even worse to have a lack of response.

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
Mark Giordano received a match penalty for his illegal hit to the head to Carolina Hurricanes' forward Sebastian Aho.
Advice: Giordano connected both his shoulder to Aho's chin and his knee on Aho's knee. Aho looked dazed being helped off the ice and couldn't put any weight on his left leg. Expect to see Giordano get a phone call from the league and a subsequent suspension. A clip of the hit can be seen by clicking on the link below.

This is from fantasy league report after game. (yahoo)

Reactions: Unsustainable

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
You know what, f-ck that mindset, it just encourages these kind of concussion inducing hits because you can always blame the skater for "putting himself in that position". Nah, the onus has to be on the guy making the hit to not target the head. Period, don't target the head. College football has this right where there is zero tolerance for those hits. The one making the hit has the power on where those hits go, it's time to force them to avoid the head.

No one's blaming Aho, it's more the fact he should cover his ass. Right now, and probably for the foreseeable future there will be players that target the head, and/or not but miss and hit the head. Shit happens too sometimes. It's not Aho's fault but he'll learn from this nonetheless.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
This team has no f***ing guts. I'm not surprised by the loss -- Calgary's about as hot as you can get right now, and looked every bit like a team we can only hope to be one day. But damn, the mentality of this team, to me, is completely summed up by the way Williams looked sitting in the box: slumped over and disgusted. Where's the emotion on this team? Who's standing up for each other? I know these guys are pros, and they want to win, probably pretty damn badly. But they sure don't look like it.

Gloating? I just wished a player well and got attacked.

That was a dirty hit and you know it. When someone lays out Gaudreau like that I'm sure you're balls will explode with your hot-takery. [MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
what a dirty f***ing hit. between this and the capitals back to back it's clear that this team needs some balls. tom wilson was running around out there like a f***ing idiot and now this headshot. clean hit according to the cavemen on the main boards. that was some matt cooke garbage. just really tired of this. we have nobody willing to go out there and make somebody accountable for this trash. we have by far the softest defense in the league full of sweethearts.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
AFEDDEDD-B12A-4C01-8738-1C830636D329.jpeg

Looks more like a dirty knee, and the head was a side effect of the hit.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I did not watch the game. Figured when I kept seeing score updates Calgary was in control of things.

What I didn't expect when I came in here is what I'm seeing with Aho. That's f***ing scary. Thats the kind of shit that ends players careers. Hoping for the best but unfortunately expecting the worst.

I find it ridiculous others (Calgary fans in particular) are defending this. We all know if Monahan or Grudeau had been the recipient of that hit they would be pissed off and they would have every right to.

Good time to take a week off, I guess.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I did not watch the game. Figured when I kept seeing score updates Calgary was in control of things.

What I didn't expect when I came in here is what I'm seeing with Aho. That's ****ing scary. Thats the kind of **** that ends players careers. Hoping for the best but unfortunately expecting the worst.

I find it ridiculous others (Calgary fans in particular) are defending this. We all know if Monahan or Grudeau had been the recipient of that hit they would be pissed off and they would have every right to.

Good time to take a week off, I guess.

Well if it makes you feel any better Peters kinda defended the hit by saying he didn't think it was that bad.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Well if it makes you feel any better Peters kinda defended the hit by saying he didn't think it was that bad.

Yeah, that's our coach. "You hate to see that....mumble mumble....We'll work on things and come back next week...mumble mumble....zzzzzz."

Not sure why I keep watching these games. But of course I'll be back by Saturday. #StupidIsAsStupidDoes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad