GDT: burly midwestern hockeymen from ohio penetrate small, skillful hockeymens tight d

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I'm excited about this, but I meant "Canes aren't catching Columbus" in terms of a Playoff spot.

Normally I wouldn't be so excited about ceding a point to a Division rival. In this case I don't think it matters too much.
Hey now, you averaged 3 goals per game in your last 10 games, We score 1 damn goal and then they job is done, you turn Bob! And if Bob is giving up two they are terrified. what?! we have to score two now?!

Bottom line-easy win for you tonight.
BTW what's wrong with your PK this year? only #22? it was elite last season.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Bottom line-easy win for you tonight.

LOL...you clearly know nothing about Carolina Hurricanes hockey.

EDIT: re the PK, a couple of things.

1) They've only had 29 times being short handed, so sample size is still very small. 2 or 3 goals swings the PK% by 10%.
2) Loss of Hainsey definitely plays a role until guys like TVR or Fleury can come up to speed.
3) New guys. Kruger should be a good PKr, but the PK also has a lot to do with chemistry with guys on the ice with you.

A few years ago when the Canes lost Dwyer and some other guys, the PK struggled early but eventually got back on track. I suspect that will be the same here, at least I hope it will.

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Au contraire, predicting an easy win and then crushing our hopes is the very essence of Canes hockey.

Nah, it's just the "preemptive excuse approach". Use excuses to say it's an easy win for your opponent before the game and it both softens the blow if your team loses and makes the other team's fans not feel as good about the win. If your team does win, you not only get the good feeling of a win, but get to make the opponents fans feel worse for losing a game that should have been an easy win.

Classic technique.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm

1) They've only had 29 times being short handed, so sample size is still very small. 2 or 3 goals swings the PK% by 10%.
2) Loss of Hainsey definitely plays a role until guys like TVR or Fleury can come up to speed.
3) New guys. Kruger should be a good PKr, but the PK also has a lot to do with chemistry with guys on the ice with you.

That last one would be even more relevant if it weren't for the fact it seems that Kruger is the one in the box half the time. The other 70% of the time it is Williams.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Have fun.

Hope to see a W when I wake up tomorrow.

Print below. Tape to ceiling. Open eyes in morning. Look up. Et voila!

TWI-VWI-LET-W-2T.jpg

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
LOL...you clearly know nothing about Carolina Hurricanes hockey.

A few years ago when the Canes lost Dwyer and some other guys, the PK struggled early but eventually got back on track. I suspect that will be the same here, at least I hope it will.

Haven't looked at the numbers, but wasn't our PK goalie save % off the charts ridiculous last season, particularly relative to this season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad