Burke gone, what about tambo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
He spent 8 of his 9 years mired in absolute mediocrity of poor coaching decisions and inability to work with players not in his comfort zone.

The run he got to go on culminated in the Oilers tanking game 7 of the cup finals because no one thought to remind anyone on the team that the opposing team might come out and play hard(generally the coach's job). But that means he was a great coach right?

Should be in the hall of fame for it really, in the wing titled "Coaches still living off their Cinderalla runs" next to Doug Maclean, Ron Wilson and Paul Maurice.

Remember how Klowe built that roster for the 06 cup run? but he's a terrible manager.

I don't really get Gone at all.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
That's why when he went cap in hand looking for a job, nobody would hire him.

How many coaches have produced better records with this club than MacT? How have they improved the team since he left?

Sorry, KLowe built one club that squeeked into the playoffs by 1 point. MacT employed a brilliant coaching strategy using vetran players that got them within one game of the Stanley Cup. NO Coach on this planet would of done better. I would bet your soul on it.

Last edited:

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
That had nothing to do with his play on the ice. I'm not sure they'll buy out Horc, but this assumes he doesn't become a problem off the ice. If he, or anyone else, shook things up off the ice like Souray did, that player would be gone asap.

If anyone on the roster would have made the comments during the lockout that Horcoff made the media would have had a field day with it. Instead they are making apologies for him and trying to paint him as a moderate

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
How many coaches have produced better records with this club than MacT? How have they improved the team since he left?

Sorry, KLowe build one club that squeeked into the playoffs by 1 point. MacT employed a brilliant coaching strategy using vetran players that got them within one game of the Stanley Cup. NO Coach on this planet would of done better. I would bet your soul on it.

Lol are you actually serious with that? So Lowe gets no credit for the playoff success, and MacT was somehow blame free for the regular season?

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
He was actively applying and interviewing for jobs.

Did he or did he not coach in the AHL last year?:shakehead

Had nothing to do with cancer.

Hi, I have cancer, can i have an NHL's coaching job. Sure, how many days a week do you think you could work? How many games and practices will you miss? How are you going to hold up on the grueling schedule an NHL team employes?

Yup, probably never even crossed a potential hires mind that it could affect his teams performance.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
If anyone on the roster would have made the comments during the lockout that Horcoff made the media would have had a field day with it. Instead they are making apologies for him and trying to paint him as a moderate
I'm not familiar with the comments he made so I can't respond to that. Nevertheless, they might chalk those things up the the work stoppage and assuming he doesn't carry on with them, expect things to be calm now.

Oct 15, 2008

Sorry, KLowe built one club that squeeked into the playoffs by 1 point. MacT employed a brilliant coaching strategy using vetran players that got them within one game of the Stanley Cup. NO Coach on this planet would of done better. I would bet your soul on it.

Ya, youre right, had nothing to do with Pronger, or Pisani, or Roloson playing out of his mind.........

It was all Mactavish. Amazing that NOT ONE nhl gm would hire him to coach their team.:laugh:

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Lol are you actually serious with that? So Lowe gets no credit for the playoff success, and MacT was somehow blame free for the regular season?

Lowe has been GM / Manager for this long and how many winning seasons? He made one decent trade (Pronger), several mediocre moves, and 5000 mistakes. So he gets a tiny bit of credit. His record speaks for itself ... he's an arrogant, egocentretic, backstabbing control freak .... this team will NEVER win a cup with him at the helm.

Who would of done better than MacT with that team? Everyone of you would of traded that roster for 10 others in the NHL in a heartbeat.

Oct 15, 2008
Hi, I have cancer, can i have an NHL's coaching job. Sure, how many days a week do you think you could work? How many games and practices will you miss? How are you going to hold up on the grueling schedule an NHL team employes?

Yup, probably never even crossed a potential hires mind that it could affect his teams performance.

Didnt stop them from hiring him to coach in the AHL. Are you telling us that the AHL schedule is less grueling than the NHL schedule? Riding on buses and playing 3 games in 3 nights is easier to handle for a cancer patient?

Holy ****ing moly man!

Mact already addressed this issue and said his inability to get a head job in the nhl had NOTHING to do with his illness. Teams simply were not interested.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Ya, youre right, had nothing to do with Pronger, or Pisani, or Roloson playing out of his mind.........

It was all Mactavish. Amazing that NOT ONE nhl gm would hire him to coach their team.:laugh:

Who motivated Pisani to his best season playoffs ever??? Who motivated Roloson to his best playoffs ever?

Answer the ****ing questions.

The only hope this team has to build a true supporting cast that can make it deep into the playoffs is if MacT takes the reins as GM.

The Big Unit

Oct 24, 2009

The 2005-06 Oilers had a 3 headed monster in net and it didn't stabilize till we traded for Roloson. Clearly it affected the team's performance all year and many people think it's likely the Oilers would've finished higher in the standings if we had traded for Roloson earlier. Blame Lowe for that if you like.

To me the most important period in assessing MacT's performance was how the team fared the season after he left. They went from the playoff race to the basement with virtually the same team under a coaching duo (Quinn and Renney) that the Oilers were praised for hiring after letting MacT go. I'm not saying MacT deserved a Jack Adams or even another job but since the glory days he definitely did better with this team than anyone before or after him. Ron Low comes in second imo.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Didnt stop them from hiring him to coach in the AHL. Are you telling us that the AHL schedule is less grueling than the NHL schedule? Riding on buses and playing 3 games in 3 nights is easier to handle for a cancer patient?

Holy ****ing moly man!

Mact already addressed this issue and said his inability to get a head job in the nhl had NOTHING to do with his illness. Teams simply were not interested.

OK, when your GM of your next NHL team ... make sure you put the best coach in place with cancer or another serious illness .... cause you'll be the only GM in the league that won't have that move questioned by his owner.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
The 2005-06 Oilers had a 3 headed monster in net and it didn't stabilize till we traded for Roloson. Clearly it affected the team's performance all year and many people think it's likely the Oilers would've finished higher in the standings if we had traded for Roloson earlier. Blame Lowe for that if you like.

To me the most important period in assessing MacT's performance was how the team fared the season after he left. They went from the playoff race to the basement with virtually the same team under a coaching duo (Quinn and Renney) that the Oilers were praised for hiring after letting MacT go. I'm not saying MacT deserved a Jack Adams or even another job but since the glory days he definitely did better with this team than anyone before or after him. Ron Low comes in second imo.

Thank you!

The Big Unit

Oct 24, 2009
Who motivated Pisani to his best season playoffs ever??? Who motivated Roloson to his best playoffs ever?

Answer the ****ing questions.

The only hope this team has to build a true supporting cast that can make it deep into the playoffs is if MacT takes the reins as GM.

Come on man! That's just too much.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Come on man! That's just too much.

Really, KLowe will never get fired! Unless a metor strike's his house ... we never getting rid of that clown. The only hope is if he get's drunk, has a Brian Burke rant, fire's that guy in the corner that never does anything (Tambourine) and then hire's his buddy back.

I don't see any other path to a real GM? Do you?

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton

Brillant coaching strategies like alternating backup goaltenders so everyone feels like they are participating!

Nothing bad ever happens to goaltenders in the playoffs anyways.

Geez man, your blind love for Mact is almost as funny as your blind hate for Lowe. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad