Burakovsky and Kuznetsov

MikaelB

Jan 31, 2011
Yeah, Landskrona (MJ's hometown) is much closer to Copenhagen than Stockholm. It belonged to Denmark, then became part of Sweden in 1658. Still, MJ doesn't look very Swedish, especially compared to Backstrom. Bura doesn't look very Swedish either, looks Polish to me, as his name suggests.

Whatever, they both need to put on some muscle.

Andre Burakovsky was born in austria which is even less "viking" than denmark and copenhagen though. And he grew up in the Malmö region which is also even closer to Copenhagen and Denmark than MJ's Landskrona is :laugh:

I don't think it really matters either way

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Does Burakovsky project to be more of a goalscorer/pure sniper next to Kuznetsov's playmaking style?

If he stays on the 2nd line all year and gets consistent PP time, I could see him getting 30 goals. Tarasenko-type breakout

Too early. Tarasenko played with men from like 16.

He was viewed as future star from the long ago.

Bura has to work a lot before he's there.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Andre Burakovsky was born in austria which is even less "viking" than denmark and copenhagen though. And he grew up in the Malmö region which is also even closer to Copenhagen and Denmark than MJ's Landskrona is :laugh:

I don't think it really matters either way

I just noticed that MJ didn't look very Swedish, but we don't care about that. He could be from Vietnam and it would make no difference, as long as he could shoot the damn puck and accept a contract for less than $4M :rant:

ryan519*

Too early. Tarasenko played with men from like 16.

He was viewed as future star from the long ago.

Bura has to work a lot before he's there.

It's not impossible. No one gave a **** about/had heard of Tyler Johnson before he broke out. Guy wasn't even drafted

TheFountainhead

Red Nation
Sep 8, 2008
Washington, DC

hockeey

Oct 28, 2014
CA
Was pretty pumped for Kuznetsov before this year and was expecting him to have a Gaudreau or Forsberg-like breakout but he ended up with respectable but not amazing numbers. Obviously he wasn't given the same opportunities as the other guys. I've watched a little of him and he definitely has flashes of skill but for those that watch him more often, does he have another gear that will allow him to dominate games like tarasenko or gaudreau? I know he started putting it together more towards the end of the season and in playoffs but he still wasn't putting up great numbers.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Was pretty pumped for Kuznetsov before this year and was expecting him to have a Gaudreau or Forsberg-like breakout but he ended up with respectable but not amazing numbers. Obviously he wasn't given the same opportunities as the other guys. I've watched a little of him and he definitely has flashes of skill but for those that watch him more often, does he have another gear that will allow him to dominate games like tarasenko or gaudreau? I know he started putting it together more towards the end of the season and in playoffs but he still wasn't putting up great numbers.

Kuznetsov was the best forward on the team after the ASG... he was just snake bit. His numbers weren't great because his line mates at ES were Marcus Johansson and Troy Brouwer (then MJ and Jason Chimera in the POs), he wasn't on PP1, and his shot just wasn't going in the net. He was dominant in the play-offs. He also spent last year adjusting to a new position (C) and started the year on the 4th line. He's going to be a boss this season, especially if he has guys who can actually shoot the puck on his line.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York

Playing with Johansson and Brouwer will depress anyone's numbers.

Hopefully he'll be between Burakovsky and Williams/Oshie next season.

CapInSask

Jan 22, 2014
Moose Jaw, Sask
Both of these guys flashed unbelievable potential in ploffs last year. With one more summer of development under their belt this could be huge. i expect Mojo to start the season on Kuzy's flank but Burra will move there before the ASG. A little guidance from Williams on that line could do those kids wonders. Now I just wish Burra would go back to wearing 95 like he did in junior. i do recall him saying last year(I think) that he's sticking to 65 to make it "his number" but I think it just looks silly.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Both of these guys flashed unbelievable potential in ploffs last year. With one more summer of development under their belt this could be huge. i expect Mojo to start the season on Kuzy's flank but Burra will move there before the ASG. A little guidance from Williams on that line could do those kids wonders. Now I just wish Burra would go back to wearing 95 like he did in junior. i do recall him saying last year(I think) that he's sticking to 65 to make it "his number" but I think it just looks silly.

He can wear whatever number he wants as long as he keeps playing like he was! :laugh:

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

Bura was so dominant in that game. Almost scored a hat trick, he blew a golden opportunity between his first and second goal, set up by Carlson.

Also, worth noting that it was one of the rare playoff games in which Brouwer didn't suck.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
You couldn't have asked for better playoff performances from two rookies IMO.

The future for these two is sky high.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
You couldn't have asked for better playoff performances from two rookies IMO.

The future for these two is sky high.

Burakovsky wasn't very good except for that one game, you could defiantly ask for october Burakovsky. But Kuznetsov sure did step up.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Burakovsky wasn't very good except for that one game, you could defiantly ask for october Burakovsky. But Kuznetsov sure did step up.

Burakovsky was at least reliable in his own end. We tend to forget that he just turned 20.
Those things will go away. If we want to win the Cup this year, we need everyone to save their best games for April-May-June.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Burakovsky was at least reliable in his own end. We tend to forget that he just turned 20.
Those things will go away. If we want to win the Cup this year, we need everyone to save their best games for April-May-June.

I didn't have much of a problem with his play considering all the factors, he just wasn't spectacular. Most of my negative energy went towards Backstrom, Brouwer, Green, and Johansson.

Hazamat the Ocelot

Jul 7, 2013
Not sure why I haven't really paid much attention to it, but how is Burakovsky's defensive game?

Kuznetsov proved himself to be a very solid 2C at the very least with room to grow, so I take him as of now(although he is a few years older). I think Vrana and Bura would be a better poll question in a year tbh, although I'm really high on Vrana.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Not sure why I haven't really paid much attention to it, but how is Burakovsky's defensive game?

Kuznetsov proved himself to be a very solid 2C at the very least with room to grow, so I take him as of now(although he is a few years older). I think Vrana and Bura would be a better poll question in a year tbh, although I'm really high on Vrana.

Bura lacks the instincts but he is getting better at board battles. He can strip someone on the back check and isn't afraid to block a shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad