Burakovsky and Kuznetsov

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
Who is going to be the better player and or have a more important player for the capitals.
Would love to have it as having almost like having a mini NB and ovi but reverse with the Swedish center as the scorer and Russian winger as the playmaker if they ever do play on the same line.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
They will be both be pale shadows of O'Brien.

Other than that, I like both, rooting for Kuz, but safe money would probably be on Bura, since overall he looks like a more natural NHLer.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Burakovsky is off to a hotter start but I still think Kuznetsov is more talented overall. Kuznetsov has been initiating a lot of really good timing plays that look horrible because he's playing with inferior linemates.

Love having 'em both, though, and I hope they both end up in our top-6 for the next 10 years!

Last edited:

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I hate these kind of threads. They are both Capitals, it would make sense that we want BOTH to succeed. We should be happy that we should be so blessed, leave it at that.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
So far from what I've seen Burakovsky looks like the far superior player with much less experience to draw from.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Not forgetting anything about kuz, he will and is a very good player.. But Bura is already playing with men like he's been in the league for years, kid will get even better.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Hopefully they'll both be centerpieces for this team for a very long time. Having more fun watching these young guys then I've had watching the Caps in a long time.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Kuz's game is too soft for my liking.

Love Burakovsky's willingness to go into the tough areas and his speed, creativity, and vision are much better than I imagined.

Mickstix

Nov 30, 2010
Central Florida
1 has a ton of American hockey experience and is off to a roaring start, while the other is still getting acclimated and playing with handicapped (ie: no hands) types.. Kinda hard to make a distinction at this point, but it's safe to say Kuz needs to beef up a little and learn to play more physical.. A year or so from now would be a better time to evaluate them, imo..

Burakovsky95*

1 has a ton of American hockey experience and is off to a roaring start, while the other is still getting acclimated and playing with handicapped (ie: no hands) types.. Kinda hard to make a distinction at this point, but it's safe to say Kuz needs to beef up a little and learn to play more physical.. A year or so from now would be a better time to evaluate them, imo..

1 year in the OHL isn't a ton of. Kuznetsov had 17 games in the NHL last year. Not saying this means much though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad