GDT: Bulldogs are leading 2-0 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Pedneault speculating that Stortini is suddenly motivated to play well today due to today's CBA news. The guy can barely play in the A...who is signing him to play in the NHL?

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Exactly. Management should be seeking to maximize his potential. He's the Habs' best prospect in terms of NHL readiness. If anyone, they should be focusing on him, Tinordi and Beaulieu.

1 thing I noticed about Leblanc is that he's very good at making "the right deke" in high traffic situations. He's not flashy offensively, but he's very effective, his own brand of smart hockey.

You can't really ask for more regarding Beaulieu and Tinordi. I would like for Beaulieu to be more of a shooter than the playmaker on the power play though, as I expect him to play with Markov in the future..

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Bulldogs are trying a lot combinations in this game. I like it. Don't really care if they win or not.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Louis Leblanc is looking good at the center position. I'm really liking his game so far tonight.

Wasn't he drafted as a center? Not sure, but I could have swore he was. Not to worry, we have Gally who's playing wing in WJC after being drafted as the #1 center in his class. :sarcasm:

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Not terrible, young and fragile and ****** goaltending.

It depends what you define as terrible. Being in last place with a god awful goal differential, while blowing winnable games at home is enough for me.

They do have their moments where they look good, but they are usually followed by long stretches where they look atrocious.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
One neat thing to come out of this lockout is getting a chance to see PK work on sportsnet while waiting for both the NHL and PA to get their **** together. PK definitely as a career in TV after he hangs up his skates.

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
It depends what you define as terrible. Being in last place with a god awful goal differential, while blowing winnable games at home is enough for me.

They do have their moments where they look good, but they are usually followed by long stretches where they look atrocious.

Outside the bi-polar segment of our fan base, I hear and read nothing but positive from hockey commentators/press. This is the same faction that labels our young players as bust if they have a bad game or bad shift.

Consistency as a pro is the hardest and longest aspect to acquire. What you are describing is exactly how a team with 10 players under 22 playing against men.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
One neat thing to come out of this lockout is getting a chance to see PK work on sportsnet while waiting for both the NHL and PA to get their **** together. PK definitely as a career in TV after he hangs up his skates.

even thought the chirping is light hearted, you can see that Kypreos is pretty miffed that someone as young and inexperienced as P.K. is already better than him. And Kypreos isn't THAT bad.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Outside the bi-polar segment of our fan base, I hear and read nothing but positive from hockey commentators/press. This is the same faction that labels our young players as bust if they have a bad game or bad shift.

Consistency as a pro is the hardest and longest aspect to acquire. What you are describing is exactly how a team with 10 players under 22 playing against men.

I am not even that worried about how the kids are playing/progressing. Most of them are doing what I expected or just slightly worse. Leblanc is the disappointment, but he has an injury excuse and he was used very poorly too.

It's the team as a whole that is terrible. Mostly because the veterans have been awful and in some cases, injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad