GDT: Buffalo @ San Jose 7:30PM NBCSCA

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Nem - I have a choice of home or away feeds this evening.

Hearing on radio pregame that Joakim's parents and sister flew out from New York for his debut. Nice.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Nem - I have a choice of home or away feeds this evening.

Hearing on radio pregame that Joakim's parents and sister flew out from New York for his debut. Nice.

I've talked about this before. It seems that most US providers of Center Ice allow enough channels to the service that they're able to supply every conceivable feed for a game (I do distinctly remember even seeing the option to choose French or English versions of the Habs broadcasts). In Canada though, or at least for Shaw Cable (pretty much the only cable provider for Western Canada, and the one major alternative is Bell's satellite service, which sucks in the totally rando weather of southwest BC), you get one channel per game. And you get whichever feed of the game they choose to give. And there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason for how they choose which feed except that they will always use the feed of a Canadian team if one is featured in the matchup (it's not always the home team, it's not even consistently from certain US networks over others (ie MSG and Fox feeds over CSN when the option exists)) But as I used to track, the Sharks seem to be the team that routinely gets hosed in terms of broadcast balance. Even if I ignore national broadcasts or games that are being broadcast in-market (ie HNIC, Canucks vs Sharks for me, Sportsnet national games of the week) I can't recall a year where the balance was anywhere close to 50/50 in terms of Sharks/opponents feed selection. Usually it's no better than 30/70.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Kinda excited myself tonight.

Go Sharks!!!

sharks-animation.gif

Reactions: slocal

sjsharky

Sep 9, 2007
Mendocino Coast
Also, quick OT note, but just noticed that last month was my 10-year mark on the boards. Pretty cool to come into a GDT and be able to talk Sharks hockey with a lot of the same people who were here back then. I appreciate y'all :yo:

Reactions: slocal

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Also, quick OT note, but just noticed that last month was my 10-year mark on the boards. Pretty cool to come into a GDT and be able to talk Sharks hockey with a lot of the same people who were here back then. I appreciate y'all :yo:

Congrats!

Want an anniversary infraction to celebrate? ;)

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I'm not sure what to think about this being a Rick Jeanneret game for me. I've never liked him as much as everyone else seems to, and I wonder if his already diminished capacities will be further weakened by this being a 10:30 ET start time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad