GDT: Buffalo @ Montreal - 7h30 - RDS, SN, 690, 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Souffle

A soupçon of nutmeg
Aug 9, 2003
Le Creuset
Visit site
Some doubts? You have... SOME doubts about his competence?

I don't agree with you but... okay.

Now explain why we didn't try it back in December. Explain why we used DD as our number one when he put up two assists and used Chuck in very limited minutes despite him being the only guy who scored consistently. We ALL screamed for it and it never happened. Then we watched as our top ranked team did a freefall in the standings and out of the playoffs.

No excuse. None.

I believe that understatement can be emphatic, in exactly the way you picked up. :)

See, maybe he would have stopped the freefall in December. But I don't know why we think that he wouldn't have struggled under the pressure. He's shown that before in the inconsistency. And that's natural. Putting that type of pressure on a young player -- the NHL MVP is done for the year, but you must save our SC hopes for the season -- could have been worse on him. Development of young precocious players can be weird and unpredictable. When they have a breakthrough, I just think we should rejoice rather than imagine an alternate universe where they may possibly have had a breakthrough earlier.

Anyway, I'm watching the game on a delay, and have only now seen the Subban neck injury. Let's hope it's just a burner and nothing else.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
If it's just a stinger, he should be fine, but it'll take some time. Feel bad for Emelin as it was just bad luck. I don't even care about the outcome, I just hope PK is ok.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
The more I watch these freak head injuries, the more I realize how Pacioretty was SO CLOSE to not only ending his career, but probably paralysis or long term brain deficit/damage. Shiver just thinking about it.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
The way he was stretching his hand reminded me of a time I got hit in the head and my neck snapped back like that. My entire left arm got pins a needles, and I kept moving my hand like that. I still get that feeling sometimes.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Wow... one injury after another. It's like we've been pre-disastered for the next three years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad