Buffalo Bills Talk 2017 part 2 (9-7): Next - The Offseason with First Round Picks at 21 & 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
33yt6r8.jpg

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I think he looked good in pre-season.

He was very inconsistent against 3rd and 4th stringers. He'd have some plays that would look good, others that were disasters or near disasters. Also, he had a very big habit of throwing balls that open up his receivers to taking big hits--and the last thing we need is another receiver getting hurt.

He'd get eaten alive by NFL starters. But the hope is that working with the coaches and developing in practice he will become a guy who could be an option in the future, and that's a process that takes time. Ultimately, since we have no cameras in practice, only the coaches know whether he's ready, but there should be no hurry to get him game action.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Bills need to spend 3 of the top 6 picks next year on WR. 1 pick on QB and 2 on OLine.

They really don't need to lock themselves into anything.

Two of their best players, Hyde and Poyer, were unheralded free agent signings.

Next off season is going to be interesting.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Looking now at the 2018 draft I'd go something like...
1QB
1WR
2LB
2WR
3RB
3OL

Could change depending how the young linebackers perform. But we need the QB, and we need the WR's on my opinion. Running back would be to find Shady's replacement. Feel like a guy like Scarborough could be a solid addition for the style we want to play, or we could even try to pry a guy like Coleman from Atlanta (maybe a swap for Dareus?)

Last edited:

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
Looking now at the 2018 draft I'd go something like...
1QB
1WR
2LB
2WR
3RB
3OL

Could change depending how the young linebackers perform. But we need the QB, and we need the WR's on my opinion. Running back would be to find Shady's replacement. Feel like a guy like Scarborough could be a solid addition for the style we want to play, or we could even try to pry a guy like Coleman from Atlanta (maybe a swap for Dareus?)

Coleman would be an interesting target, but no one will trade for Dareus' contract. They could reasonably ask for a high pick, and I wouldn't be willing to fork it over. Neither Alexander or Humber can be the longterm future starters and I don't think anyone is counting on Milano or Vallejo to be anything more than competent backups. We almost certainly need an at least one high pedigree LB. We should draft a WR, but if we resign Matthews, we don't need two in the first two rounds. Even if we don't, it's too much investment in the perimeter at the expense of the interior. Other than the OC, the OL is the biggest acute problem with this team.

So for our seven top ~100 picks, I'm currently projecting: QB, OT, G, WR, LB, DT, RB.

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
They might not have to focus on OL as much as we think if Henderson comes back from suspension and solidifies a spot. He's at least an upgrade on Mills at this point.

That being said, who knows how long that lasts if he puts up another positive drug test due to his Crohn's treatment

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Destination Cousins: Nine places Kirk could play in 2018
The Redskins quarterback could become the NFL's highest-paid player if he reaches the free-agent market in 2018. You like that?! Here are all the places he could land.
cousins_inlinenew_grid_o.jpg

Buffalo Bills
Why it could work
Tyrod Taylor's future with the team remains uncertain beyond this season, which could put the Bills in the market for a quarterback. Offensive coordinator Rick Dennison has ties to former Redskins coach Mike Shanahan, who remains one of Cousins' top advocates. Dennison was offensive coordinator under Shanahan from 2006 to '08. Of course, the Kyle Shanahan connection matters most, and that is not present in Buffalo.

Why it couldn't work
Taylor has generally exceeded expectations in Buffalo and could win the job heading into next season, especially if the Bills defy expectations by making a playoff run. General manager Brandon Beane has also talked up rookie fifth-round pick Nathan Peterman, who could be seen as an affordable developmental version of Cousins.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I would like to continue to ease Glenn back into service along with Henderson and hopefully by the deadline Mills would be expendable. With that in mind I would love to see Beane flip Mills for a late pick or someone like Paul Richardson as the Hawks o-line is pure trash, so much so that Mills would be an upgrade.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Can Jets, Bills or Dolphins overtake Patriots? Come on, let's be realistic
Five weeks into the season, the Patriots are tied atop the AFC East with the Jets and Bills at 3-2. And don't forget about the 2-2 Dolphins.
Buffalo Bills (3-2)

Why they'll win division: A lot of defense and a little luck. Buffalo has not had much of the latter over its 17-year playoff drought, so it will need to find some good fortune in order to capture its first division title since 1995. A great place to start would be winning one or both games in December against the Patriots, who have a 29-5 record since 2000 against Buffalo. The Bills have the defense this season to slow down Brady, but Buffalo will need a few breaks on offense to have the result go their way. Getting swept by the Patriots would probably wipe out the Bills' chances of a division crown.

Why they won't win division: The floor for the Bills' offense is alarmingly low and could get worse if tight end Charles Clay's knee injury keeps him out long term. RB LeSean McCoy is on pace for the worst rushing average (3.2 yards per carry) of his career, while the Bills' wide receivers are averaging 4.8 receptions and 63.2 yards per game, which would be NFL worsts since at least 2001. -- Mike Rodak

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Buffalo gets NE vs. NYJ at 1 PM and PIT vs. KC at 4:25 PM on CBS.
Buffalo gets GB vs MIN at 1 PM on FOX.
I'll probably be the only one here watching Green Bay-Minnesota over New England-New York Jets. (Green Bay is my other team aside from Buffalo that I root for and I'll have at least seven fantasy players playing in the game.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad