Injury Report: Buff injury

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Morrow has sat for every NHL team he's played on. I don't see him as a lock in any of the better D-corps round the league. I agree that he's played some solid games for us, but he's been pretty poor this year and I see Niku as having much higher upside. I do think that PoMo views Morrow as the safer option.

If he is a serviceable 7th dman, what part of that would not insinuate he spend time in the press box?

And I agree, Niku has a higher ceiling, never stated otherwise. The point of my post is some posters love to throw out hard statements about players that are void of substance, and many cases complete rubbish.

To say Morrow is a complete hack that only has a spot in the NHL because he was drafted high, is a joke. As we just saw against the Oilers, he can get pucks on net, he can move the puck out of hard areas with his skating, and he can lay the odd hit from time to time. He comes in to the lineup not playing for over a month and gets an assist on the winning goal.

So ya, nothing like a complete hack like the previous poster was trying to imply. Same thing with Nogier, posters on here stating he is a complete hack as well, yet every time he is in our lineup he shows promise and composure for a young defensive prospect.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Buffs injury could really not have happened at a more opportune time. Jets have been in the doldrums - getting outplayed by inferior opponents yet finding ways to win, playing better only against better opponents. They've been relatively healthy all year & have coasted to a record that flatters how well they have played IMO.

We need to see what we have for D depth and this will allow that. I really liked it when we had the D problems before & Niku and others got a real shot at key positions. Hopefully PoMo doesn't merely fall back to playing Morrow etc. Bring up some of the farmboys and put them in key spots. Give them a legit shot to prove themselves worthy.

I expect Buff will enjoy his time fishing & be out at least 6 weeks. We will no doubt slip in the standings, but at least guys won't be allowed to play lacadasical. And a healthy and refreshed Buff back a few weeks before the playoffs = great news. That, a more inspired team, and a little depth on D picked up at the TD = a long playoff run.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Buffs injury could really not have happened at a more opportune time. Jets have been in the doldrums - getting outplayed by inferior opponents yet finding ways to win, playing better only against better opponents. They've been relatively healthy all year & have coasted to a record that flatters how well they have played IMO.

We need to see what we have for D depth and this will allow that. I really liked it when we had the D problems before & Niku and others got a real shot at key positions. Hopefully PoMo doesn't merely fall back to playing Morrow etc. Bring up some of the farmboys and put them in key spots. Give them a legit shot to prove themselves worthy.

I expect Buff will enjoy his time fishing & be out at least 6 weeks. We will no doubt slip in the standings, but at least guys won't be allowed to play lacadasical. And a healthy and refreshed Buff back a few weeks before the playoffs = great news. That, a more inspired team, and a little depth on D picked up at the TD = a long playoff run.

I doubt Niku will get much time unless we pick up another injury. That being said I agree with your post in the sense that some adversity now might be very well be what this team needs.

Last edited:
Reactions: flyingkiwi

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Has anyone heard any update on Buff's injury ? Or Ehlers ? I hate this break in between games but it does give both of them less games missed .

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Buff will be rested and ready to get all kinds of standby in the playoffs.

Honestly, a perfect injury for us. We can't catch TB for the presidents, so we just gotta stay in front of NSH.

Reactions: Ducky10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad