Injury Report: Buff injury

habslive

Apr 27, 2014
What are you guys going to do as far as replacing Buff on the PP? Does that go to Trouba? A forward?

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
So Morrow is good defensively now? Morrow is only near the NHL because of where he was drafted. He is a terrible d-man.

I have such a disliking for analyses like yours, pointless harsh scrutiny that is completely void of anything concrete or truthful. In other words, you dont know what you are talking about.

Morrow is a very serviceable 6/7th D man on any roster in the NHL, has played some solid games for us since joining and has shown skill in skating, passing as well as getting shots through from the line.

To say the only reason he is here is because of his draft spot, tells me you have ZERO knowledge of his game or skill set.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I have such a disliking for analyses like yours, pointless harsh scrutiny that is completely void of anything concrete or truthful. In other words, you dont know what you are talking about.

Morrow is a very serviceable 6/7th D man on any roster in the NHL, has played some solid games for us since joining and has shown skill in skating, passing as well as getting shots through from the line.

To say the only reason he is here is because of his draft spot, tells me you have ZERO knowledge of his game or skill set.

Morrow has sat for every NHL team he's played on. I don't see him as a lock in any of the better D-corps round the league. I agree that he's played some solid games for us, but he's been pretty poor this year and I see Niku as having much higher upside. I do think that PoMo views Morrow as the safer option.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
So Mo listened to me and put Lemmy in over do-nothing Applecart!

Last edited:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
What you get from Morrow is a big fat zero in offense, and poor defensive numbers to boot as well. Niku is raw and has struggled in his own end, but Morrow should not be an option at all.
Morrow looked decent last night vs the Oilers. Created some offense from the blue line, too. Niku might have to wait for another injury or a couple of really bad games from Morrow.

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011

Buff sited in Petersfield Hotel after a day of fishing on Big Windy! Maybe the injury is not that bad.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015

Buff sited in Petersfield Hotel after a day of fishing on Big Windy! Maybe the injury is not that bad.

A friend of mine was in there and bought him a beer and had a pic taken with him that she posted on FB. No crutches or cast...

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
all i know is when i tore my ankle ligaments i wasnt able to walk for 3 months and still have horrible ankle mobility.. they said it would heal in 6 weeks ...
Haven't heard what the suspected injury was but ankle ligaments seems plausible -- looked pretty innocent really! I've also had ankle ligaments that took forever to heal, but suspect with proper care it might be completely different?

Reactions: 204hockey

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Y1SrJaE.png

I might be a tiny bit worried.
that's huge!! OK I'm now a bit worried as well.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Haven't heard what the suspected injury was but ankle ligaments seems plausible -- looked pretty innocent really! I've also had ankle ligaments that took forever to heal, but suspect with proper care it might be completely different?
Ya I wld expect the care they get to be top notch where as for us it was suck it up and deal with it lol

Reactions: Board Bard

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Well, I totally screwed my ankle and could walk on it immediately. 10 years later it's still completely messed up. This isn't an MD forum :)

Reactions: ps241

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Let's hope he's not 300+ pounds when he returns. If he is, maybe he can play OL for the Bombers this season!

He doesn't want to get too heavy because if he does he'll fall through the ice and the fish will end up catching him.

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
Any chance Buff will be at the Jets skills competition tonight? Obviously not dressed but maybe around just to sign autographs?

My guess is he likely won't be there. My kid is a huge buff fan so he'll be a bit disappointed.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Was Buff even nominated for the all star game? I can’t understand how he’s not voted in or possibly not nominated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad