Confirmed Trade: [BUF/VGK] J. Eichel, c.'23 3rd for A. Tuch, P. Krebs, c.'22 1st, c.'23 2nd [PART II]

common12

Sep 10, 2011
That's fine we got a better package anyway.....lmao no one wanted any of the Rangers offers.
No one is more relieved than me lol. Its just comical now seeing all Sabre fans coming to the realization they way over rated Eichel and saying how great the return is.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Let’s just all hope it turns out to be a win-win situation. Eichel needed a change of scenery and a major surgery to resume his career. Good for him, for sticking to his guns and doing what he thought was best for his health and his career.

I’d like to see Vegas rewarded for taking such a risk and trading for him. In spite of their (growing?) reputation of player treatment, it’s nice to see a team “going for it” instead of settling for the status quo.

And the Sabres needed a fair haul as compensation for losing him, and it seems they got it. Good for them for sticking to their guns and waiting for the right trade. It should turn out well for them.

Jack Eichel returning to superstar status is good for the whole league.
You say that now....

If Vegas wins tonight I will be so upset. Especially if Eichel is the reason.

Reactions: JesusNPucks

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
No one is more relieved than me lol. Its just comical now seeing all Sabre fans coming to the realization they way over rated Eichel and saying how great the return is.
No one overrated Eichel you are underrating him after a short stint of him coming off more than a year off of hockey. The return is pretty much exactly what most Sabres fans expected to get from Vegas Tuch was a perfect fit for the team and Krebs should only be getting better after his first real season.

common12

Sep 10, 2011
No one overrated Eichel you are underrating him after a short stint of him coming off more than a year off of hockey.
Try reading what I said earlier in the thread. I literally said he can't be judged on this years stint. While you are reading this thread you should try going back and reading the old Eichel threads. Sorry he was over rated but many Sabre fans. Not all but a good amount.

Reactions: bert

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Try reading what I said earlier in the thread. I literally said he can't be judged on this years stint. While you are reading this thread you should try going back and reading the old Eichel threads. Sorry he was over rated but many Sabre fans. Not all but a good amount.
overrated how? He can carry a top line by himself when healthy like a franchise center can do....he's not like Zib who has to have good linemates to put up the same type of production. He's a top 10C in the league easily when he's healthy.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Seems to be made up.....okay go read through the threads it was there. If not believe what you want to believe.

The more level headed of us Sabres fans were more of the Kakko/Laf, Chytil/Kravtsov, Miller/Jones/Lindgren and pick variety. And a cap dump player. Obviously there’s different values to that package depending on who woulda been heading back to Buffalo.

Where both our fanbases definitely disagreed on was Strome being a valuable trade chip in it

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Buffalo fans were literally saying he was a top 5 player in the league and the surgery wouldn't hurt his value. Hence the ask of 4 1st round picks worth of value. Ranger fans did not want him with his 10 mill cap hit, the cost to acquire him while facing the uncertainty of his surgery.

I went back through that thread, and no one was calling him a top 5 player. Several people (not all of whom were Buffalo fans) were calling him a player with top 5 center capacity, or top 10 center.

Yea sure. Think it was Buffalo fans and their Zibs plus Laf plus kakko proposals. Most Ranger fans didn't want him him.

I couldn't find any Zib/Laf/Kakko proposal, let alone multiple. HFboards has a search function. Search results

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Eichel has never played a team game. He has played a ME game his entire career. Now that he’s expected to play a team game and can’t, the Knights are floundering under his “leadership”

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Eichel has never played a team game. He has played a ME game his entire career. Now that he’s expected to play a team game and can’t, the Knights are floundering under his “leadership”
This is a very true issue with Eichel, and it isn't so much that he is a selfish player, but when the team needs to win, he tries to do way too much by himself.

Maybe the biggest issue with this is that he sometimes pulled it off and would win the game for the team on a crazy individual effort, which just reinforced the behavior.

It is like watching all those Penguins - Caps game 7s from a decade or more ago, and watching Ovechkin try to skate through the entire Penguins team time and time again trying to literally will the team to victory without realizing it is a team sport and he needs help.

The year Ovechkin finally realized this, he started passing in must win situations, and the Caps finally beat the Pens.

No clue if Eichel will figure this out, but his passing and vision are extremely elite, so if he ever does, his team will be much better for it.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
I'm still astonished that Eichel consistently beat Matthews in HF Polls.
Matthew’s took a massive step forward and Eichel had a pretty brutal injury.

The first 30 games are not a great look for Jack. Will be no excuses for him next season after another long off season to prepare.

Reactions: bert

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
some proposals involved taking back Zibs from a cap level thrn flipping him to say vegas.

i never say a rangers proposal that was anywhere reasonable.

it was classic HF proposaks of trade for a star for spare parts and picks and not giving up a core piece.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
This is a very true issue with Eichel, and it isn't so much that he is a selfish player, but when the team needs to win, he tries to do way too much by himself.

Maybe the biggest issue with this is that he sometimes pulled it off and would win the game for the team on a crazy individual effort, which just reinforced the behavior.

It is like watching all those Penguins - Caps game 7s from a decade or more ago, and watching Ovechkin try to skate through the entire Penguins team time and time again trying to literally will the team to victory without realizing it is a team sport and he needs help.

The year Ovechkin finally realized this, he started passing in must win situations, and the Caps finally beat the Pens.

No clue if Eichel will figure this out, but his passing and vision are extremely elite, so if he ever does, his team will be much better for it.
This is not Eichel’s problem right now at all. His problem is that he goes invisible for long periods of stretches and isn’t getting himself involved in the most dangerous areas of the ice.

If anything he is too passive right now. He looks like he lacks the confidence to do it all by himself.

Reactions: tsujimoto74

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Glad Eichel gets to watch the playoffs on TV again . He seems like an entitled A hole . Buffalo is a better team with out him and I hope Vegas continues to miss the playoffs as long as Eichel is on their team . Funny part is I have no dislike towards Vegas . Only things I don't like about Vegas is their gold helmets and Eichel . Feel the same way about Fox . Imagine Fox on the Flames right now . They would be cup favourites .

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Glad Eichel gets to watch the playoffs on TV again . He seems like an entitled A hole . Buffalo is a better team with out him and I hope Vegas continues to miss the playoffs as long as Eichel is on their team . Funny part is I have no dislike towards Vegas . Only things I don't like about Vegas is their gold helmets and Eichel . Feel the same way about Fox . Imagine Fox on the Flames right now . They would be cup favourites .

Egas isn’t eliminated yet. 4 pts behind and 2 to play And they coukd have the reg wins tiebreaker. Had they won the last two in regulation they woukd be in control.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

I never once considered Eichel the "leader" of Vegas, not even for a second.

It's still Mark Stone's team as far as I'm concerned - and it doesn't look like he's going to lead them anywhere this season either. :dunno:

Eichel, Pietrangelo, Marchessault, Pacioretty, Karlsson.....pretty underwhelming results collectively.

DeBoer's gotta be on his way out as well, I would think.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
After missing a ton of the regular season I am not surprised Eichel is behind everyone else. He is playing against opponents in mid season form.

I expect better things from him next year.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Excellent player and I expect him to get healthy and be a producer for Vegas. Still has a ton of growing up to do and understanding how to lead a team. You can't lead just on talent alone, just like you can't lead just on well, leadership, you have to have talent to back up that as well.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Egas isn’t eliminated yet. 4 pts behind and 2 to play And they coukd have the reg wins tiebreaker. Had they won the last two in regulation they woukd be in control.
I realize they are out of it but 1 point by Dallas or 1 point lost by Vegas they are done . I already got a fork in it .

Also if Edmonton never went threw that 24 games of shit they would be 1 if not the top team in the NHL but thats not what happen . See Edmonton below had Edmonton not had a bad 24 games . We all can play the if games . The fact is it never happen .

16-5 best point percent in NHL 1st 21 games
8-13-3 24 games of crap
23-9-3 under Woody 3rd best in NHL 35 games

47-27-6 over all record

common12

Sep 10, 2011
I went back through that thread, and no one was calling him a top 5 player. Several people (not all of whom were Buffalo fans) were calling him a player with top 5 center capacity, or top 10 center.

I couldn't find any Zib/Laf/Kakko proposal, let alone multiple. HFboards has a search function. Search results
Top 5 capacity is splitting hairs. Guy is not top 5 and its highly debatable if he is even a top 10 center today. Add in cap hit and injury and I think most fans would take 10 guys over him for 1 season. Long term can he turn it around? Sure but he has a ways to go.

Zibs proposals were in the Eichel trade thread so the search function wouldn't work. A Buffalo fan a few comments back remembers it too.

Regardless I am stating Buffalo made out very well in the trade. Vegas blinked and as everyone can see it didn't work out this year for them and now they have cap issues. Vegas is trending down and Buffalo is trending up.

Reactions: DickSmehlik

common12

Sep 10, 2011
some proposals involved taking back Zibs from a cap level thrn flipping him to say vegas.

i never say a rangers proposal that was anywhere reasonable.

it was classic HF proposaks of trade for a star for spare parts and picks and not giving up a core piece.
I also never saw a Buffalo proposal to the Rangers that was reasonable. I have yet to see a disappointed Buffalo fan upset with the trade so maybe just maybe Vegas way overpaid? Personally I think they blinked and blinked hard. We will never know other teams proposals but maybe they were more in line with what Eichel was actually worth......and not the Buffalo win this trade looks like right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad