Confirmed Trade: [BUF/VGK] J. Eichel, c.'23 3rd for A. Tuch, P. Krebs, c.'22 1st, c.'23 2nd [PART II]

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario

Eichel traded to Golden Knights by Sabres for Tuch, Krebs, draft picks

Alex Tuch · $4,750,000
Peyton Krebs · $863,333
2022 conditional 1st round pick* (VGK)
2023 conditional 2nd round pick** (VGK)
*Conditions: If the pick is in the top 10, Vegas will instead transfer their 2023 1st round pick to Buffalo
**Conditions: If Vegas' 1st round pick in the 2022 draft is a top 10 pick, then Vegas will transfer their 2024 2nd round pick instead.

Jack Eichel · $10,000,000
2023 conditional 3rd round pick* (BUF)
*Conditions: If Vegas' 1st round pick in the 2022 draft is a top 10 pick, then Buffalo will transfer their 2024 3rd round pick instead.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
welcome back nerds.

Sabres lose the trade giving up Eichel (unless he never comes back 100%). But its as close as many of us expected

Reactions: Arthuros

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
It's Vegas, the house always wins.

However, I don't think this is a bad deal for Buffalo at all. They got some good pieces and are overperforming so far this season without Eichel, so it's almost a no loss deal. They (Sabres) weren't getting him his desired surgery, thus he was never playing for Buffalo again... but cost them 10m to do nothing... So the real trade is a 3rd round pick for a 1st, 2nd, Krebs and Tuch.

No matter how this trade shakes out, we'll be talking about it for a really long time.

Reactions: Be a Hab

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Less than Buff thought they would get, but more than I would have paid tbh

But if Calgary was in fact in on it, Vegas didn’t have a choice

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010

However, I don't think this is a bad deal for Buffalo at all. They got some good pieces and are overperforming so far this season without Eichel, so it's almost a no loss deal. They (Sabres) weren't getting him his desired surgery, thus he was never playing for Buffalo again... but cost them 10m to do nothing... So the real trade is a 3rd round pick for a 1st, 2nd, Krebs and Tuch.

No matter how this trade shakes out, we'll be talking about it for a really long time.

Dunno, sounds like that's making a real stretch and excuses for Buffalo here. They could have and should have gotten more IMO.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
If Tuch stays healthy and Krebs develops into a really good 2nd line center then it's okay. Tuch staying healthy and Krebs developing into a good 2nd line center (when Vegas was injured and needing a center still playing him at wing) is concerning though. I like the deal for Vegas personally but Buffalo did decent knowing the situation I guess.

Reactions: redfire11

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

It's an awful deal for Buffalo because that pick is top 10 protected, which means that it's possible that if Vegas continues to struggle there is a possibility, albeit a remote possibility that Vegas has Jack Eichel and Shane Wright down the middle next year.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
If Tuch stays healthy and Krebs develops into a really good 2nd line center then it's okay. Tuch staying healthy and Krebs developing into a good 2nd line center (when Vegas was injured and needing a center still playing him at wing) is concerning though. I like the deal for Vegas personally but Buffalo did decent knowing the situation I guess.
He should have been in the AHL all year.

Reactions: bsu

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
Lets go. Been waiting for Vegas to get a star player so I can buy their sexy jersey, think Eichs will be the one.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Surprised by the number of people poo-pooing on Buffalo.

Buffalo's original ask was 4x first or equivalent, with no retention on Eich or cap dumps. And they wanted one of the pieces to be a good center prospect.

Buffalo received 3x firsts and a 2nd, no retention and no cap dumps, a good center prospect.

All they gave up was an extra 3rd rounder.

It's a lot better than say... any of the thousands of offers from Rangers fans. of 2 B prospects and some conditional 7th rounders + cap dumps.

I've got a feeling there's going to be 30 GMs regretting that they didn't beat this offer. NHL never learns and continues to drastically undervalue Sabres players on the trade market. Except for Flyers with Risto. LOL

(reposting from the end of the last thread)

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
injuries issues are overblown,

He'll be back in march posting Above PPG.

Man Vegas looks nice

Patches-Eichel-Stone
JM-Karlson-Smith
Carrier-Stephenson-Dadonov

Martinez-Pietro
Mcnabb-theodore
Hague-Hutton

Lehner

God damn.That's an Elite 1c elite 1w elite 1d and a great goaltender. Vegas In my mind has past colorado For my favourite in the west.

Buffalo makes out nicely as well

Tuch (NY Local )
Kerb ( vegas top prospect)
1st
2nd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad