Confirmed Trade: [BUF/MTL] Nicolas Deslauriers for Zach Redmond

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Botterill has been unreal so far.... our depth at defense is monumentally better than last year even if they still lack the high end quality.

...If Redmond just got out-depthcharted by Matt Taormina...

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Why is Montreal so obsessed with former Sabres 4th line plugs? (Flynn, Byron, Mitchell, Scott, and now D-lo) :laugh:

More defensive depth is never a bad thing, though, especially with Bogosian and McCabe already hurt.

Did you seriously just call Paul 'the franchise' Byron a 4th line plug? And Mitchell was pretty good for a year or two.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Marc Bergevin once traded for John Scott, then for Dwight King, Mike Brown, Stefan Matteau, Andreas Martinsen and Steve Ott. Want to get rid of a terrible player? Call Bergevin it's as simple as that.

Redmond is a useful bottom pairing guy, had bad luck with injuries but definitely a more valuable player than Deslauriers.

Hahaahahahahaha, try a useful bottom pairing AHL player.... Our defence is average and he's around our 15th or 16th defenceman. He would probablt crack Ottawa top6. GET HIM!!!

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Why is Montreal so obsessed with former Sabres 4th line plugs? (Flynn, Byron, Mitchell, Scott, and now D-lo) :laugh:

More defensive depth is never a bad thing, though, especially with Bogosian and McCabe already hurt.

Agree with all, but Byron a plug?
He finished 70th in the NHL in goals (22).

Deslaurier is a french quebecer player going to play for Laval in the AHL.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Did you seriously just call Paul 'the franchise' Byron a 4th line plug? And Mitchell was pretty good for a year or two.
Are you talking about Paul “I’ve only had 1 good season” Byron or Paul “ No chance I match those numbers again” Byron?

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Hahaahahahahaha, try a useful bottom pairing AHL player....

I haven't followed him since his injury, but in Colorado he was a good bottom pairing NHL player. I don't think anyone can deny that, and that is the reason why he was brought to Montreal in the first place. Saying hahahaha won't change that son.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Are you talking about Paul “I’ve only had 1 good season” Byron or Paul “ No chance I match those numbers again” Byron?

Get back on the stats sheets,2 good seasons and he's been amazing in the preseaon. Another solid season incoming.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I haven't followed him since his injury, but in Colorado he was a good bottom pairing NHL player. I don't think anyone can deny that, and that is the reason why he was brought to Montreal in the first place. Saying hahahaha won't change that son.

Stop right there. Redmond is not an NHL defenceman anymore and playing in Colorado as a 6th/7th defenceman 2 years ago is not a refencence..... Mark Barberio who was MTL number 8th defenceman last season will start in Colorado Top4 this season.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

Some of those guys are definitely more useful than others, but that was pretty clearly a career year for Byron. Mitchell, and even Flynn, definitely had their moments and could be useful players.

Pretty nothing trade, though. Both guys who should be in the AHL but might dress for some games if enough injuries hit. Not sure where Des falls on Montral's depth chart, but I'd say Redmond probably falls around 10th-11th on the Sabres D chart.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal

He is not a 4th line plug.
He got a huge season. Hopefully, he will get less points this season. Byron should not be a top 6 forward.

I'm confident that he'll get more than 15 goals this season.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

...But he hasn't been in Montreal.
Seriously... Zach Redmond wasn't in the Top-12 on the Habs D-Depth chart.

Last edited:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Some of those guys are definitely more useful than others, but that was pretty clearly a career year for Byron. Mitchell, and even Flynn, definitely had their moments and could be useful players.

Pretty nothing trade, though. Both guys who should be in the AHL but might dress for some games if enough injuries hit. Not sure where Des falls on Montral's depth chart, but I'd say Redmond probably falls around 10th-11th on the Sabres D chart.

Deslauriers would be, I reckon, farm help. Probably exactly where Bobby Farnham was last season. That means, either 14th forward or 3rd/4th callup.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

one of those things is not like the others....

A move to clear d from Laval. Nothing to see here, not like he will be playing in Montreal.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
...But he hasn't been in Montreal.
Seriously... Mark Redmond isn't in the Top-12 on the Habs D-Depth chart.

This.

Benn
Weber
Petry
Mete
Alzner
Schlemko
Davidson
Streit
Morrow
Lernout
Juulsen
Gelinas
Taormina

And then Redmond.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Stop right there. Redmond is not an NHL defenceman anymore and playing in Colorado as a 6th/7th defenceman 2 years ago is not a refencence..... Mark Barberio who was MTL number 8th defenceman last season will start in Colorado Top4 this season.

That's fair enough and good on Montreal for having depth. That being said I think he can play a depth role or be a callup on a team that's not as good defensively and Buffalo is one of those teams that could use the extra depth.

Nobody is saying that Redmond is an all star... He's been an effective NHLer before and that just a reality. Maybe he's not that anymore, but why not take a shot if you're Buffalo? Deslaurier has never been good.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Nobody should be saying one team got the better of the other. Both players filled an AHL need within their new organizations. That’s all that matters.

...And if both players are recalled, it would mean shit really hit the fan in the first place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad