Waived: [BUF] F Tyson Jost waived by the Sabres (cleared)

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Man...what happened to this guy? I always root for him but it's wild, always thought between Fabbro and him, Jost would be more of an NHLer. Stand corrected, hopefully, he figures it out.

Reactions: BHD

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Man...what happened to this guy? I always root for him but it's wild, always thought between Fabbro and him, Jost would be more of an NHLer. Stand corrected, hopefully, he figures it out.

Partially due to the Sabres not being willing to waive Eric Comrie. He's just a guy - the effort he put in for the end of last season after he hit waivers just hasn't been there this year either.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site

He just didn't have the athletic abilities or standout skill that would've made him a successful NHLer. When he was on the Avs it always felt like his skating was just a little less explosive and a little slower than he needed it to be to make the plays he wanted to.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Happened? He never had "it" to begin with. He left college too early and is your prototypical "good at everything, but standsout at nothing" sort of player. He's too slow, not agile enough, and not smart enough to make space for himself. If you can't make space, you will be deemed a negative NHL player. Newhook has the same problems.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Happened? He never had "it" to begin with. He left college too early and is your prototypical "good at everything, but standsout at nothing" sort of player. He's too slow, not agile enough, and not smart enough to make space for himself. If you can't make space, you will be deemed a negative NHL player. Newhook has the same problems.
I do wonder if his career would've turned out different if he had stayed an extra year in the NCAA. I still think that should've been the move, but the team was so desperate for anything positive at the time.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Man, that was a rough first round for forwards after #7

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i thought he needed time to fill out when he was drafted and was confused how he ended up in the nhl d+1.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
If he was good at everything I don’t think he would be on waivers.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Well thank goodness! Without this anchor, we can finally move forward and play the hockey this team is capable of!!

<sarcasm mode off.....>

1703802297159.png

• Haha
Reactions: BB79

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I wish we could waive our owner, coach and everyone in between along with Jost. Damn team is a clown show with a toxic culture. When I became a Sabres fan we had Hasek in net and Mogilny was scoring at will. Today they're an embarrassment😔

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
I don't see how you can root for such a nothing as a player. Was it to cheer when he got his one goal a year as a meme? Guy doesn't belong in the NHL at least not on this roster. Maybe he'll flourish somewhere else. Wish he was never on the team.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
You musta cringed hard when the Avs took a player high in the first round out of the AJHL then.
There’s always a significant risk drafting guys playing Junior A in their draft year. Makar wasn’t any different.

Makar was probably the biggest boom or bust draft pick there’s been in the last 25+ or so years. The closest I can think of was Gilbert Brule. Ridiculously talented but never seen such a more unpolished, fundamentally flawed player at the junior level. Another was Mittlestadt being drafted out of high school hockey.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Eh, he was never really the problem ( or solution) imo, but I like the guy. Feels like a weird move, but I think it’s just numbers. Feels a bit E-rod-esque, but I think Jost will always be a tweener, despite the draft position. Fun guy to watch on occasion, but he’s more offensive than balanced and the offense ain’t worth it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad