OT: Bucs, Rays & Other Florida Sports Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
They deserve to be in a DIII conference at this point. They are absolute garbage.

Looks like the DIII schools are moving to the Big Least now.

Did anyone else see the article in the Trib from the USF Bulls Beat Writer where he proclaimed...."You can't fire a coach based simply on the number of games won or lost." Guess what....."HELL YES YOU CAN!!!" Where does the media find these people....

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Does anyone know of a good bucs message board? I think i'll take my own eyes out with hot pokers if I ever read pewterreport again.

hogtownhabsfan*

Does anyone know of a good bucs message board? I think i'll take my own eyes out with hot pokers if I ever read pewterreport again.

Jays fan and a Bucs fan? Me too! Check out the unofficial board: www.bbs.tbaybucs.com

Actually stumbled here to see Rays fans opinions on the Myers/Shields deal. Too depressed to think about the Bucs right now.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
The way Shields rebounded from 2010 was awesome, he will be missed. That said, great trade.

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
Jays fan and a Bucs fan? Me too! Check out the unofficial board: www.bbs.tbaybucs.com

Actually stumbled here to see Rays fans opinions on the Myers/Shields deal. Too depressed to think about the Bucs right now.

Thanks for posting that website! The Yucs message board (which has been in the works for 3 years now) is a total and complete mess and you have absolutely no clue as to where the heck you can post or what topic you're quoting in!

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
I said it before and I'll say it again...Josh Freeman sucks!!!

What this team needs is a leader who'll get in your face when you screw up and Freeman ain't that guy and sadly Ronde has never been that guy either. We don't have that Sapp or Brooks type in the clubhouse anymore.

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
so glad the Yuc's game blacked out, so I do not have to clean vomit off my big screen TV.

Unfortunately, I sat through it....dumbest play calling I've seen in a long time. Run the ball, throw deep....I realize that there were many times I hated the dink and dunk but c'mon...you have no intermediate plays in your playbook? Simplifying the playbook means we do 2 plays and punt? (or interception in these cases)

Dave C

Aug 30, 2011
Nottingham, England
Freeman was incredible for half the season. He's behind a banged up, extremely poor o line. He may not be elite but he's a decent qb. We have to stick with him imo. Starting a fresh would gain nothing. Both Manning brothers and Brees to name a few all had awful first 4 years in the nfl, there's still hope... I think!!

Last edited by a moderator:

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
I'm not quitting on Freeman just yet, but we really need to work on the intermediate passes and dump outs to the flat. Running the ball then throwing deep is just bad play selection. We need to mix it up more....Freeman can't hold the ball forever.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
That's all because of VJax and Williams. Those 2 make him look way better than he is.

Dave C

Aug 30, 2011
Nottingham, England
He may not be elite but it shows he's a good qb. John Lynch muttered the "franchise" word last night but I think that's pushing it! Bearing in mind he's been behind a poor banged up o line for a lot of the season. Which also highlights what an immense year Martin has had.

Nice end to a positive season anyway. Only team to win in the Georgia Dome all year and the dirty birds put a full team out.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
As long as we can have a Single A team at Al Lang the Rays can move. I'm tired of hearing about a new stadium.

Ill second this. I do enjoy watching Ray baseball. But I am so tired of hearing about the attendance/stadium issues. They need to come to a decision quick regarding the team whether that be to move them to a new city, or a new stadium. They've dragged this whole thing out long enough. I do not really go to many Rays games (1-2 a season; I am in the I don't like making the hour drive boat of people - if they had a Tampa stadium I would probably go to maybe 6-7 games) and if they moved cities, I would still follow them just as I do now. As long as we have the Bolts and Bucs though, Ill be happy regardless of what happens over there.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
Can we move the USF Bulls to a real conference? I mean - didn't we take a step UP to the Big East from Conference USA instead of having the Big East step DOWN to the Conference USA level? I realize we're playing that way right now but c'mon...Move to the ACC already (and get a head coach)!!!!

Bulls are garbage and wouldn't survive in a Real conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad