TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
2 New stickies in the same week :handclap:

Here's the old thread

And here's a pic of NY Mets Daniel Murphy in a bolts jersey

551031_10151746319955078_94421890077_24722269_975090266_n.jpg

edit: it's baseball, so it's ok if I post that...or I just cursed this whole thread.

Last edited:

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Just wondering what people on here think about the Rays's field situation. Who else thinks that if they move to Tampa (somewhere around Dale Mabry), would go a long way to solving their attendance problems? Honestly it's a far drive, especially during rush hour, to get to a game where they currently are from Tampa, and I think a lot more people would go if it was more accesible. Not that I think they're leaving the Trop anytime soon-just curious on everyone else's opinion.

Tampa's a good town for baseball, but people aren't going to drive that long, to get to a crappy area of St. Pete, to a crappy stadium to watch 1/81 games on a consistent basis.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Just wondering what people on here think about the Rays's field situation. Who else thinks that if they move to Tampa (somewhere around Dale Mabry), would go a long way to solving their attendance problems? Honestly it's a far drive, especially during rush hour, to get to a game where they currently are from Tampa, and I think a lot more people would go if it was more accesible. Not that I think they're leaving the Trop anytime soon-just curious on everyone else's opinion.

Tampa's a good town for baseball, but people aren't going to drive that long, to get to a crappy area of St. Pete, to a crappy stadium to watch 1/81 games on a consistent basis.
It would be a start. Better sightlines, better seating, better amenities, and better chances at corporate sponsorship which is huge. They'd be able to add significant amounts of sale-worthy real estate there in the stadium.

That and putting more than 19% of people within a 30 minute drive is always a massive help.
Bucs trade Kellen Winslow to Seattle for 2013 draft pick undisclosed.....sign former Colts TE Dallas Clark. (per NFL.com)
Good, hes **** and so is his attitude.

Clark is an interesting reclamation project with a chance to get Stocker regular playing time and see what hes got.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
It would be a start. Better sightlines, better seating, better amenities, and better chances at corporate sponsorship which is huge. They'd be able to add significant amounts of sale-worthy real estate there in the stadium.

That and putting more than 19% of people within a 30 minute drive is always a massive help.

Good, hes **** and so is his attitude.

Clark is an interesting reclamation project with a chance to get Stocker regular playing time and see what hes got.

Clark has a good shot at being a real good addition for the Bucs, and a 3rd rounder isn't bad.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://news.sportslogos.net/2012/06/11/tampa-bay-rays-1979-faux-backs-on-the-way/
The Tampa Bay Rays are planning on holding a Turn Back the Clock game where they will wear the uniforms of the 1979 Tampa Bay Rays.

What’s that you say? There were no Rays in 1979? Well, you’d be right, and the Rays have created “faux-back†uniforms as if they did exist in 1979.

The uniforms include most of the classic elements of the uniforms of the era:

the cap with the alternate coloured front-panel
the pullover jersey with sleeves in another colour from the base
thick sleeve trim striping
and some good old-fashioned powder-blue

The logo and jersey script is not the same as the current 2012 Rays looks, it’s all been re-created to look as if it was designed in the ’70s.

Unfortunately they did not go with elastic waist-band on the pants, but really that’s the only thing they missed in this near-perfect set.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
So Davy Johnson is a ********* and Joel Peralta is (allegedly) a dumbass. Did we learn anything else from last night's game?

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
They'd look better with more yellow accents on the sleeves/socks/belt. It's a very cool concept that I'd like more teams to try out.

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
I really, really don't understand Arena Football anymore. Don't get Ewart as coach and why do they even say the word de-fense???? It does NOT exist!
78 - 77 ???? C'mon....

Like the old Storm uniforms too....the new ones are dreadful. Now I can see why they can't get quality players..that and the pay stinks.

Doctor Drej

Unregistered User
Jan 10, 2009
The Quiet Room
So I am watching the Rays game and Ican't help but wonder if Beckett knows he's allowed to throw more than 1 pitch per 5 minutes..

Throw the ****ing ball man, Christ...

Moo

Moooooooooooooooo!
Jan 18, 2008
Valrico, FL
Of the following, which is the most stressful:

A. Taking a college class on a subject that makes your mind explode
B. Loss of your job and the ensuing inability to find work elsewhere
C. The love of your life leaving you for whatever reason
D. Being so close to something great, yet somehow losing it all right at the end
E. Knowing that Derek Shelton is still employed by anybody

The answer:
[spoil]E by far. A, B, C, and D combined can't hold a candle to E.[/spoil]

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
Maddon is too loyal. Wish they'd fire Shelton. No doubt you'd see an instant increase in runs and average.

Moo

Moooooooooooooooo!
Jan 18, 2008
Valrico, FL
Maddon is too loyal. Wish they'd fire Shelton. No doubt you'd see an instant increase in runs and average.

I am an Indians fan. Replace Maddon with Wedge, and you know what my pain was a few short years ago.

Its the same **** that went on with the Indians when he was there. Like carbon ****ing copy.

I don't know what your count is, but in my eyes, the Indians had like three significant hitting slumps during Shelton's tenure that I can think of. The ONLY reason the Indians were a game away from the World Series in 2007 was that Asdrubal Cabrera was a rookie who was just swinging away and playing the game on instinct, and somehow it sparked the others, who were all in simultaneous hitting slumps. If they don't bring up Cabrera in 2007, the Indians don't even make the playoffs. Of course, Cabrera's hitting game went kaput the next year once Derek Shelton got in his head and messed him over.

Seriously, when I heard Shelton got hired in Tampa Bay, I felt sympathetic for every Rays fan. I was glad he was out of Cleveland, but I wouldn't trust Shelton to coach a tee-ball team. I would not wish this man on my worst enemy's favorite team. Maddon needs to get with it and fire him or it's only going to get worse. Trust me, as an Indians fan, I know, and trust me, it WILL get worse.

Doctor Drej

Unregistered User
Jan 10, 2009
The Quiet Room
Yeah, 2007 still pisses me off. That was our year. Too bad the hitting couldn't provide **** for the pitching in the playoffs. Don't forget Lofton too, it was him and Cabrera offensively and that was it during the playoffs.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
Not a big fan of Shelton but this isn't exactly a murderous row of hitters either. Without Longoria and Joyce this team was going to struggle to score runs. This team for the last few years has been preaching pitching and defense because they don't have the horses to keep up with the Red Sox and Yankees offensively. With a new hitting coach there might be a slight improvement but they aren't going to be a high scoring team. It's not like the Angels who had one of the best hitters of all time come back to normal and an elite prospect to call up once they fired their hitting coach. They just don't have the depth to overcome the injuries they've had this year. The Rays have done a great job of developing pitchers but the same can't be said for players at the plate.

Moo

Moooooooooooooooo!
Jan 18, 2008
Valrico, FL
Not a big fan of Shelton but this isn't exactly a murderous row of hitters either. Without Longoria and Joyce this team was going to struggle to score runs. This team for the last few years has been preaching pitching and defense because they don't have the horses to keep up with the Red Sox and Yankees offensively. With a new hitting coach there might be a slight improvement but they aren't going to be a high scoring team. It's not like the Angels who had one of the best hitters of all time come back to normal and an elite prospect to call up once they fired their hitting coach. They just don't have the depth to overcome the injuries they've had this year. The Rays have done a great job of developing pitchers but the same can't be said for players at the plate.

No one says the Rays will slug 10 homers a game with a new hitting coach but ANY potential that MIGHT be there is supressed as long as Shelton is around.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Penn State losing 13 years of wins is a bit silly. I don't see how it means anything.

I guess I'm not surprised. Penn acted like nothing was happening, the NCAA then acts like those years didn't exist either. That's the MO of schools. Pretend it doesn't exist in order to 'keep their good reputation'.

If that had been a hockey team involved, first, it wouldn't have gotten the media coverage, but second, I would be the first to call for the school to be burnt to the ground.

And then salt worked into the dirt so nothing grows there for several years.

But the records remain to serve as a warning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->