Bryan Burke: 'I would not draft Kessel first overall'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
langs15 said:
What kind of moron would tell what he REALLY thinks about someone out side of his organization and not even near draft time???!!!

Seeing the entire conversation, I am convinced Burke was sincere in his opinion. Whether you agree or dissagree with him, his comments reflect the opinions of himself and some of the scouts he has been talking to.

Daily Special

Oct 4, 2005
San Francisco
Who cares what Brian Burke thinks? - he's the laughing stock of most of the NHL for his moves.

Plenty of NHL GM's will promptly ignore him and gladly accept the word of NHL scouts, and take Kessel for themselves.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Rush5Collapse5 said:
Who cares what Brian Burke thinks? - he's the laughing stock of most of the NHL for his moves.

Plenty of NHL GM's will promptly ignore him and gladly accept the word of NHL scouts, and take Kessel for themselves.

:shakehead Well put it this way - more people care about what Brian Burke thinks than what you or I think.

Rather Gingerly 1*

Le Golie said:
Very interesting. He is saying that the scouts at the WJHC are talking a lot about how much of an individual Kessel is and that Toews or Johnson project to be better pros. He says if the draft was tomorrow he'd be looking hard at Toews and Johnson, and not taking Kessel.

He did say that Kessel is still a tremendous skill player, and wasn't taking a shot at him - just likes Johnson and Toews more. He said all this on the TSN pregame show prior to the Sweden vs. Finland game.

I would go

Johnson
Toews
Kessel

Hockeycanada*

Le Golie said:
:shakehead Well put it this way - more people care about what Brian Burke thinks than what you or I think.
I agree. Rush5 has been making obscene, outrageous posts left and right. Just report the posts and hopefully he will be warned.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I'll take the opinion of NHL scouts and general managers over some troll posting on a message board.

Daily Special

Oct 4, 2005
San Francisco
Hockeycanada said:
I agree. Rush5 has been making obscene, outrageous posts left and right. Just report the posts and hopefully he will be warned.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I'll take the opinion of NHL scouts and general managers over some troll posting on a message board.

If simply disagreeing with you Hockeycanada constitutes "obscene, outrageous", then I'm not the only guilty party here.

Tell me what about this post Le Golie just responded to, compels you to suggest I be warned?

Rush5Collapse5 said:

Because I think Toews has sucked in the WJC, doesn't make everything I say a bannable offense.

-

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Bobby Ryan Getzlaf said:
As for the Fedorov trade, check the stats. Tyler Wright might not have more points as a Duck than Fedorov does as a Blue Jacket, but the other two do, and Beauchemin is a defenseman(I'm considering Marchant as part of the trade, as he would've been if not for McLean not informing him where he was going). All three also have more goals each than Fedorov does. And then when you consider those three combined make $2 million less than Fedorov does, and I'd say Burkie ripped McLean off big time.

Amazing how a trade can change your opinion of one guy.

When he was a Duck you said Fedorov was a Top 10 offensive player who was better than Elias, Demitra and Richards. Now you say he isn't worthy of a 3rd liner, a 4th liner and a #5 D-man.

Interesting.

Transported Upstater

This thread is an example why I sometimes question why I even post here.

Kudos to those staying on topic, and a big thumbs down to those who aren't.

I'm done with this garbage.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
King Henry I said:
Brian Burke: Traded Sergei Federov for Tyler Wright and Francis Beauchemin

this was a good trade for Anaheim. They were able to rid themselves of an unproductive player who hasa massive contract, so they can fish in the FA market next year

columbus is kicking themselves now that Thornton came & left

Hockeycanada*

Rush5Collapse5 said:
Oh you mean the response to the Kessel troll threads locked for the same reason? (now 4 anti-Kessel threads and counting)

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=207466

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=207364
So being the big man you are, you decide to start a trolling thread just like these two.

"They did, so that means I can too". You sound like a child.

Back on topic. Brian Burke again mentioned the selfish play of the American team. Team USA will have a hard time if they continue to play this way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sammy*

Rush5Collapse5 said:

Actually, those with a clue know he is a very highly respected GM.
Emphasis on "those with a clue".

Daily Special

Oct 4, 2005
San Francisco
Hockeycanada said:
So being the big man you are, you decide to start a trolling thread just like these two.

I thought it was just as funny as those were. You seem to be the only one sobbing about it.

Sammy said:
Actually, those with a clue know he is a very highly respected GM.
Emphasis on "those with a clue".

You mean you and a friend. The rest of the hockey world is clueless but you and friend are "clued in". .. ok

-

Sammy*

Rush5Collapse5 said:
You mean you and a friend. The rest of the hockey world is clueless but you and friend are "clued in". .. ok
-

Yeah ok.
Thats why Burke was a very highly sought GM.Cause he has no clue.
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:
And btw, listen to what those in the hoclkey world say. Burke is highly thought of.
Funny thing is with guys like you, you fly into a rage cause Burke doesnt think, god forbid, that he would take Kessel #1. Horror of horrors.
Funny thing is before he said this, you probably didnt even know who Brian Burke was. :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Vic Rattlehead*

Rush5Collapse5 said:
Not HFboards, just some of our friends up north. Theyre angry about Toews being invisible in the WJC's, and Kessel leading in scoring.

Why do you keep assuming that people knocking Kessel think Towes is better? You have looked completely lame in so many threads when someone knocks Kessel and all you have to say is "Well, what has Toews done?" when Toews isn't part of the conversation.

Your act is getting old.

Daily Special

Oct 4, 2005
San Francisco
19bruins19 said:
Why do you keep assuming that people knocking Kessel think Towes is better? when someone knocks Kessel and all you have to say is "Well, what has Toews done?".

I didn't ask "what has Toews done?". I merely explained one reason for so much of the weirdo fixation with bashing Kessel. Tell me if Toews was doing better, you would still feel so insecurely compelled to trash Kessel for no apparant reason.

Vic Rattlehead*

Rush5Collapse5 said:
I didn't ask "what has Toews done?". I merely explained one reason for so much of the weirdo fixation with bashing Kessel. Tell me if Toews was doing better, you would still feel so insecurely compelled to trash Kessel for no apparant reason.

Ah, I haven't bashed Kessel in any of these threads.

I think some people feel compelled to bash Kessel because he is projected to go first overall. Same happens with other highly touted prospects.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Sammy said:
Yeah ok.
Thats why Burke was a very highly sought GM.Cause he has no clue.
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:
And btw, listen to what those in the hoclkey world say. Burke is highly thought of.
Funny thing is with guys like you, you fly into a rage cause Burke doesnt think, god forbid, that he would take Kessel #1. Horror of horrors.
Funny thing is before he said this, you probably didnt even know who Brian Burke was. :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

So this year Burke is right on. But last year when it was 16/14 Crosby/Kessel 14 GMS were insane. But now Burke is right on. Boy lots of ship jumping here.

I agree with GMs when they agree with me is all it is.

Sammy*

MN_Gopher said:
So this year Burke is right on. But last year when it was 16/14 Crosby/Kessel 14 GMS were insane. But now Burke is right on. Boy lots of ship jumping here.

I agree with GMs when they agree with me is all it is.
Did I say I agree with Burke?
No, I didnt.
What I find objectionable is clowns saying Burkes an idiot cause he says that he wouldnt take Kessel #1. God forbid, eh. He must be insane.
Btw, have you ever heard 1 GM/ scout/coach say that if Kessel was in last years draft, he would go #1, or they would take him #1?
If so, link please.

DarthSather99

Mar 2, 2002
NYC
Visit site
19bruins19 said:
Ah, I haven't bashed Kessel in any of these threads.

I think some people feel compelled to bash Kessel because he is projected to go first overall. Same happens with other highly touted prospects.

not even close. Reading all these threads you'd think Kessel is the biggest bust/cancer of any potential #1 ever. Last year it was hard to keep track of the positive threads for superstar Crosby. If Kessel was Canadian you'd hardly get half of these bash posts.

I don't see how anyone can rank Toews ahead of Kessel based on this tournament alone. I like Toews but he does not even scratch the surface on what Kessel can do.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
There is no consensus number one pick this year - its really that simple. Is that an oddity? No! Yes last year Crosby was the consensus number one. The year before that it was Ovechkin. The year before that though? Do you really believe that all 30 GM's and the vast majority of scouts felt that Marc Andre Fluery was the best player available? Hardly! In the 02 draft, we heard nothing but how Bouwmeester was the man but...he went 3rd over all! In 2000 it was all about Gaborik but like Bouwmeester, he was not destined to be the top pick...and nobody but nobody prior to the draft thought it would be DiPietro!

If I had the first over-all pick, I would take Kessel. Would it be easy? No, but no other player has shown me more yet. Do all GM's agree with me? Of course not (though I suspect the majority have Kessel in the number one spot) and you never know what one of them will do come draft day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad