Not open for further replies.

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Heading into what could be final game of Hawks season

- Bickell no goals in last 18 playoff games
- Bickell 1 goal in last 23 playoff games
- Bickell 2 goals in last 30 playoff games

The playoff myth built around this POS has died ,, No longer can his defenders use such a laughable excuse for his lazy/embarrassing effort on ice
But what about the hits?? The big body?? The net front presence???

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

- Only hits noticeable involving Bickell this series is when smaller Ducks send him falling to ice and take away puck
- Net Front Presence :biglaugh:
- Big Body? Shaw has been only Hawk forward playing as if he is 6'4 while Bicks looks like a 5'6

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
He needs to park in front of net on PP

He actually killed the attack once on the first pp and twice on the second with bad passes.

Not as bad as Crawford's brain fart full ice pass that resulted in icing a defensive zone face off that killed like 40 secs of PP time.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Heading into what could be final game of Hawks season

- Bickell no goals in last 18 playoff games
- Bickell 1 goal in last 23 playoff games
- Bickell 2 goals in last 30 playoff games

The playoff myth built around this POS has died ,, No longer can his defenders use such a laughable excuse for his lazy/embarrassing effort on ice

you define being lazy/showing embarressing effort with scoring Goals?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
He's pretty clearly injured.

Nothing he did tonight warranted a benching, especially when you consider the gaffes he's had that didn't result in a benching or a scratch.

CBC, during game 1, showed him going to the locker room for something like 10-12 minutes after a hit from Belesky. Maybe that's what he's hurting from.

In any case, interesting to see what happens with Tampa. They're not the physical power-houses that Anaheim is, so maybe Q once again tries Versteeg on that 2nd line.

Personally, I think an injured Bickell has still out-performed healthy Versteeg in these playoffs, but if he's in so much pain that he can't get off the bench, then maybe it's for the best.

Will be interesting to keep an eye on.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
he is, and he missed some time against the Ducks. Could be something with his wrist. It was tapped but looked bigger than it should.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
He's pretty clearly injured.

Nothing he did tonight warranted a benching, especially when you consider the gaffes he's had that didn't result in a benching or a scratch.

CBC, during game 1, showed him going to the locker room for something like 10-12 minutes after a hit from Belesky. Maybe that's what he's hurting from.

In any case, interesting to see what happens with Tampa. They're not the physical power-houses that Anaheim is, so maybe Q once again tries Versteeg on that 2nd line.

Personally, I think an injured Bickell has still out-performed healthy Versteeg in these playoffs, but if he's in so much pain that he can't get off the bench, then maybe it's for the best.

For a good stretch at the beginning of the season Versteeg was our most dangerous player (Kane was actually riding off of HIM). He hit a short stride of ineffectiveness then got hurt. I think Kris' problem is that he is a mental and physical weakling and can't play hurt, then plays scared after getting hurt. Once this cycle starts he's completely ineffective and useless.

Bickell on the other hand is a complete pud who has had 2 playoffs in 3 years in which he's played well. This year he just looks terrible; he's beyond slow and looks lazy for the most part (as has KVS). I will give Bickell credit in that he still looks to hit people whereas Versteeg typcially pusses out over any sort of contact.

Personally? I think KVS is a better player now, has speed that can mesh with the rest of the team, and is the far more talented players (can actually play with top 6 caliber players). My choice? Let one of the young kids play and make the other guys ride the pine. If one does? KVS every single time.

Bickell is beyond terrible. A complete lost cause at this point.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
For a good stretch at the beginning of the season Versteeg was our most dangerous player (Kane was actually riding off of HIM). He hit a short stride of ineffectiveness then got hurt. I think Kris' problem is that he is a mental and physical weakling and can't play hurt, then plays scared after getting hurt. Once this cycle starts he's completely ineffective and useless.

Bickell on the other hand is a complete pud who has had 2 playoffs in 3 years in which he's played well. This year he just looks terrible; he's beyond slow and looks lazy for the most part (as has KVS). I will give Bickell credit in that he still looks to hit people whereas Versteeg typcially pusses out over any sort of contact.

Personally? I think KVS is a better player now, has speed that can mesh with the rest of the team, and is the far more talented players (can actually play with top 6 caliber players). My choice? Let one of the young kids play and make the other guys ride the pine. If one does? KVS every single time.

Bickell is beyond terrible. A complete lost cause at this point.

Are you crazy? KVS is terrible now. He does not play hard and his lack of effort on the back check makes him a HUGE liability for this team. The only thing he uses his speed for it to take loops and then fall down while not taking the right angle on the fore check. Bickell is the better option at this point because he does bring a physical game that we still need and the current form of KVS is terrible.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
he's pretty clearly injured.

cbc, during game 1, showed him going to the locker room for something like 10-12 minutes after a hit from belesky. Maybe that's what he's hurting from.

In any case, interesting to see what happens with tampa. They're not the physical power-houses that anaheim is, so maybe q once again tries versteeg on that 2nd line.

Personally, i think an injured bickell has still out-performed healthy versteeg in these playoffs, but if he's in so much pain that he can't get off the bench, then maybe it's for the best.

he is, and he missed some time against the ducks. Could be something with his wrist. It was tapped but looked bigger than it should.

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
For a good stretch at the beginning of the season Versteeg was our most dangerous player (Kane was actually riding off of HIM).

That PBK line had a great little stretch there when Kane and Versteeg showed some chemistry but this statement is just inaccurate.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I definitely believe what NHL coaches say about player health heading into the Stanley Cup Finals.

It's possible I guess. Just seems weird to bench him for that, rather than after one of the many significant mistakes he's made.

We shall see.

DontToewzMeBro

May 8, 2010

Bickell is not lazy, he's robust. Just like Getzlaf he looks like he's being lazy when he really isn't.

I'm no fan of Bickell, but he can be a force.

However, he should be making 2-2.5 million less on his cap hit.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Healthy? It sounded like a concussion from talk before when Bicks said he "hurt all over" when asked about it

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
What did Handzus play thru? What did Bergeron?

Bickell having the cramps is not comparable

I guess when you put effort in what 2 games out of 100 ,, You might injure yourself from muscle atrophy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad