Brunner

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
12790.jpg

You're lucky we're the Church of England!

What I've taken away from all this drag talk is that Eddie Izzard makes a better looking woman than Fred Armisen.

Proof?

5nog9t.jpg
mbpwxy.jpg

And Damien Brunner is worse than both
334rf44.jpg

Last edited:

SwissGrog

Oct 10, 2012
Uff Jason Williams, old Wings acquaintance, scored his 26th goal in the last game of the season for Ambrì (in 47 games) to overtake Brunner (25 goal in 33 games), and become the top-goal scorer of the NLA in Switzerland.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
One thing about Brunner is a bit misleading.

He has scored 12 points (7+5) at 12 home games, and scored only 4 points (3+1) at 7 road games. So there's a lot more road games is left, that probably means his points per game will go down.

If he keeps these scoring rates at home and away he will end up:

24 home games, 14+10=24 points. 76 shots (3.17 per game)
24 away games, 10+3=13 points. 96 shots (4.00 per game)

48 games, 24+13 = 37 points. 172 shots (3.58 per game)

At 82 game comparison, that would be 41+22=63 points, 294 shots.

But of course, you can't go that far because this shortened season is easier to complete. Everybody usually cools down on the longer run.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto

He has scored 12 points (7+5) at 12 home games, and scored only 4 points (3+1) at 7 road games. So there's a lot more road games is left, that probably means his points per game will go down.

But of course, you can't go that far because this shortened season is easier to complete. Everybody usually cools down on the longer run.

It makes sense that he'd score less on the road. The opposition gets last change and likely matches up better defensive pairs against the Zetterberg/Brunner line.

SwissGrog

Oct 10, 2012

Well I know for you north-american doesn't count, but he has already played 33 games in the regular season in Switzerland, playing 25 minutes per game. 33+48 = 81. I know hockey here is not NHL hockey, but nevertheless the large rink and the velocity of our games makes it not less tiring. And about road games: not always 3 hours of plane are more exhausting than 4 hour on the bus....If he can keep up until the end, I won't worry that much for the next season....

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl--damien-brunner-might-be-the-latest-overlooked-european-to-make-it-big-with-the-red-wings-165028450.html

He has that kind of sense to be in the right spot at the right time.â€
“You know what?†Babcock told Holland. “I like him. I think he can play in the NHL.â€

Holland joined Babcock, and the two watched Brunner some more. They saw that he could skate. They saw that he knew where to go to score goals. But they didn’t know if he could play in the NHL.

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
I start working so early over here in Europe, that for once I was able to see the last period live (alone at work:D).

His SO-Goal was nice, but much more impressed I was by his defensive effort... had a few nice plays on the D side... and one very important one when his line was caught in their own zone for quite some time with no chance to even get close to the puck, and you could feel the goal-against was just waiting around the corner. He first followed Thornton through half the zone keeping all the passing lines closed... and a few moments later forced Thornton to lose the zone...

RocketCityRocker

Aug 2, 2006
Brunner hasn't been as noticeable the last two games (LA and SJ) as he was previously in the season, other than the shootout goal.

I'm okay with that because prior to the LA game, he stood out to me sometimes for his goal scoring, but more frequently for horrible offensive zone turnovers or feeble, cross-ice passes leading to odd man rushes and sometimes goals against, prompting me to throw my remote at the TV and shout, "Brunner!" with the tone of scolding a puppy who soiled the carpet.

He had some nice defensive plays in the LA game and I was impressed with staying with Thornton and forcing him offsides.

Hopefully, he can keep it up because at some point he's going to have a scoring slump and it would be nice if he could contribute if he isn't scoring.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
I start working so early over here in Europe, that for once I was able to see the last period live (alone at work:D).

His SO-Goal was nice, but much more impressed I was by his defensive effort... had a few nice plays on the D side... and one very important one when his line was caught in their own zone for quite some time with no chance to even get close to the puck, and you could feel the goal-against was just waiting around the corner. He first followed Thornton through half the zone keeping all the passing lines closed... and a few moments later forced Thornton to lose the zone...

His overall game was weak earlier in the year but I noticed Babcock said he is very coachable and working hard to improve his overall game. I think the guy is a winner and sounds like he has the right attitude

Dekesyuk

Apr 18, 2012
Brunner looks great besides the fact how weak he is!
He gets tossed around like a rag do and really needs to beef up in the offseason.

Please if you wanna talk about Hudler go to the flames post because your about as clueless as they are. Hudler is worth a washing machine like Monix from Semi-pro :)

Aug 6, 2012
His play against Big Joe last night where he pushed him out if the zone was an awesome effort. He had already been out there for minutes and you could tell he and his linemates were gassed.

I think he should play with Datsyuk for a few games to give it a shot. I know he and Z played in Zug together but I think he compliments Pasha's game a lot better than Z's.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
His play against Big Joe last night where he pushed him out if the zone was an awesome effort. He had already been out there for minutes and you could tell he and his linemates were gassed.

I think he should play with Datsyuk for a few games to give it a shot. I know he and Z played in Zug together but I think he compliments Pasha's game a lot better than Z's.

Let's finalize the contract extension before we put him with Datsyuk. ;)

I think we could try Swedish line Mule-Zeta-Samuelsson, when Sammy the shooter comes back.

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
I made the comment that he's on the wrong side of 25 and his career was on the downswing in the rookie thread. This was a joke as people mention about being on the wrong side of thirty. I guess it was a crappy attempt. By no means to I believe he's an old man or will be getting worse.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
He had 10 goals in his 1st 20 games, but has not scored since. Now as Z has got it going, maybe Brunner will too.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
He had 10 goals in his 1st 20 games, but has not scored since. Now as Z has got it going, maybe Brunner will too.

I don't want it to be a permanent move, but I really liked the way Miller played with Z and Fil. Won puck battles, went to the net, and he adds a little more defensive experience to the line. That line has been getting scored on too much this season.

Brunner ended up helping set up the Cleary goal with Andy as well. Give the change a couple games and see if there's something there.

I still think this lineup could use Tatar.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I don't want it to be a permanent move, but I really liked the way Miller played with Z and Fil. Won puck battles, went to the net, and he adds a little more defensive experience to the line. That line has been getting scored on too much this season.

Brunner ended up helping set up the Cleary goal with Andy as well. Give the change a couple games and see if there's something there.

We should really try this further, to get Brunner his own line where he can get little bit easier matchups to play against.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
How has he looked after the first half? What's the reason behind him not getting any goals as of late?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
How has he looked after the first half? What's the reason behind him not getting any goals as of late?

I think exhaustion is the biggest reason. The schedule is getting really hard and they played already a long season with huge minutes at Switzerland together with Zetterberg. Z has also looked very tired.

Even if the rest of season will be worse, I really don't care about it. That doesn't tell anything, because this is a extraordinary season. Brunner has impressed me enough to get signed for a longer extension and that should be done as fast as possible. He is just heck of a hockeyplayer.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
I think exhaustion is the biggest reason. The schedule is getting really hard and they played already a long season with huge minutes at Switzerland together with Zetterberg. Z has also looked very tired.

Even if the rest of season will be worse, I really don't care about it. That doesn't tell anything, because this is a extraordinary season. Brunner has impressed me enough to get signed for a longer extension and that should be done as fast as possible. He is just heck of a hockeyplayer.

Figured that night have been the problem. But I'm sure he'll be scoring again. Thanks for the response!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad