Brunner

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Hi guys,

I would like to have some informations on Brunner. Never seen him played. Is he really Top6 material? Could he be any good without Z beside him?

If he asks 3M$ / year on Free Agent, is it too much?

If you guys could give me any informations on the guy would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ! ;)

I think a lot of these questions cannot be answered after 1 NHL game. Check back in a month or two for a more reasonable response.

Christien

May 1, 2010
In his first game he looked pretty good. He was the only one who had a shot (as I recall?) on the first line with Dats & Hank. He actually had 3. From the first game, he looked like a shoot first kinda guy. Pretty much shooting whenever he could. He had a nice one-timer opportunity too.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
It's hard to judge Brunner after one game. First NHL game, new team, minimum preparation time (playing with Z in freaking Switzerland doesn't count) doesn't help. And it's away to the Blues (maybe the most stacked team in the league).

If Brunner plays like a $3 million winger, he should get $3 million. Otherwise it was just a case of low risk, high reward.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
I don't think Brunner will succeed in the NHL, he's not hard enough and isn't strong on the puck, easy to knock down.

He'll be another Leino, Brunnström etc.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I don't think Brunner will succeed in the NHL, he's not hard enough and isn't strong on the puck, easy to knock down.

He'll be another Leino, Brunnström etc.
I'm sure Brunner would be more than happy to earn $4,5M a year playing in the NHL...

So far he's played one NHL game in which I thought he was among the least bad players for Detroit. I'll give him at least a month before I comment on his future as a NHLer...

RedWingsNow*

Too early to tell.
He tried some pretty weak moves and took low percentage shots with no traffic Saturday night.
Really didn't get much sense of his skating and stickhandling ability.

Detroit Sports*

Hi guys,

I would like to have some informations on Brunner. Never seen him played. Is he really Top6 material? Could he be any good without Z beside him?

If he asks 3M$ / year on Free Agent, is it too much?

If you guys could give me any informations on the guy would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ! ;)

HOF'er

Btown67

Aug 27, 2012
I am watching him play for years now and I have to say, he has to change some pieces of his game. No doubt about that. But he can still be a very good scorer if he finds a way to deal with the smaller ice.
Just watched the first period, but I thought he was very nervous. Should have fired a better shot on that first pp imo

SillyBilly

Jan 6, 2013

That's the Brunner I've seen for the last years. Give him some space and he will give you the moves.

minitrucker83

Apr 2, 2012
Watching the brunner shootout winner seemed odd. All these years watching a lefty try that move confused me. Pav's are quite a bit smoother though!

RedWingsNow*

He had six shots today... and like 4 in the first period or something. He's going to have to be a bit quicker on the shots.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
I'd like to be able to get him signed to a cheap "Bridge Contract" either another 1 year deal or a 2 year deal. If he can get 20-25 points I'd consider it a good year but depending on who he have to sign & for how much he would be the 3rd or 4th priority for me. (1 being Howard, 2 being Filppula, 3 being Smith & Nyquist)

RedWingsNow*

His weight doesn't matter.
What matters is whether or not he has the stones to attack defensemen and go to the net.

We saw sweet hands today. Can he pull off a move like that to get around a defenseman at full speed?

CanadaIsIrrelevant

Mar 20, 2011
Sweden
What would you guys rate Damien Brunner as overall in NHL 13?
In the game he is 60 overall.

Damien Brunner - Sniper
Attributes
Slapshot power/accuarcy 80/82
Wristshot power/accuarcy 78/77
Dekes/Handeye 78/78
Passing/Puckcontrol 77/79
Accleration/Agility 80/80
Endurance/Speed 75/79
Off.awerness/Def.awerness 80/60

I know it's just a game but still. Should he be higher overall?

SillyBilly

Jan 6, 2013
What would you guys rate Damien Brunner as overall in NHL 13?
In the game he is 60 overall.

Damien Brunner - Sniper
Attributes
Slapshot power/accuarcy 80/82
Wristshot power/accuarcy 78/77
Dekes/Handeye 78/78
Passing/Puckcontrol 77/79
Accleration/Agility 80/80
Endurance/Speed 75/79
Off.awerness/Def.awerness 80/60

I know it's just a game but still. Should he be higher overall?

I can't come up with numbers as my last NHL game (on a console) is a few years back, but he usually has a better wristshot than slapshot (he really shouldn't be at the point during PP), has a very good handeye/dekes control and is an above average skater for NA standards (speed). I don't know if you should add something to those attributes or lower the rest, but they should be prop. higher.

JimLaheyprobert

Nov 19, 2012
Does anyone else notice that brunner has trouble hitting the net, i know he shoots alot but it seems like he always shoots wide.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad