Brunner

RedWingsNow*

Wow... You do not know how to spell complimentary correctly. Congrats on looking like a child.

http://the-word-blog.com/2010/04/12/complementary-vs-complimentary/

I have more of a problem with you trying to trivialize Brunner than him being called a complimentary player. You always seem to try to nitpick and show how one person isn't so special because you feel the need to show everyone how you know everything and explain how the Wings aren't so good when they do in fact do something good.

I'm not willing to gloat about Brunner being awesome until he shows me he's more than a product of his circumstance.

Has he beat expectations? Hell yes.

Is he awesome? Get real.

Aug 6, 2012
Yeah Brunner has above average speed but he isn't as fast as he was hyped up to be. Thankfully he's a very smart player.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
What exactly is the argument? Brunner is certainly not elite after 20+ games in the NHL. He is not an elite two way forward. I suppose he might end up being one, but I would bet against it at his age.

He is cheap and is producing with Henrik Zetterberg who seems to be rejuvenated after being promoted to Captain. They have great chemistry and he is shooting the puck which is something in the top six the Wings usually lack (shoot first players).

I like him and he is doing what the coaching staff brought him in to do. Unfortunately a 48 game season will favor a player like Brunner. I want to see can play like this over an 82 game season with 15-20 playoffs games.

I don't know whether he should get a benefit of the doubt deal or another one year deal where you might end up getting burned and paying even more if he is legit.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Even if his defense is below average and he isn't great along the boards, he'll always have a spot on any team if he keeps up this kind of goal scoring.

RayMoonDoh

Outta Waiver Stuff
Nov 12, 2011
Shore Shack
Brunner currently with 10 G in 19 GP. Tied for 7th in the league, 3 back of leader Stamkos.

Has more goals than Crosby, Kane, Ovi, Hossa, Kovalchuck, Parise, Skinner, Gaborik, Giroux.

And, of course, leads the Wings in goals scored and total shots.

Todays perspective brought to you by Amway.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
http://the-word-blog.com/2010/04/12/complementary-vs-complimentary/

I'm not willing to gloat about Brunner being awesome until he shows me he's more than a product of his circumstance.

Saying he is a product of his circumstance is a 2-way street though. Do you think it is a coincidence that Brunner is tied for 4th in the league in goals and Zetterberg is also tied for 2nd in assists. Maybe Zetterberg is benefitting from playing with a player who can snipe as well.

If Semin was doing the exact same thing Brunner was this year you would be saying that Semin is bolstering whatever line he is playing on, but for some reason you won't give Brunner that credit.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Saying he is a product of his circumstance is a 2-way street though. Do you think it is a coincidence that Brunner is tied for 4th in the league in goals and Zetterberg is also tied for 2nd in assists. Maybe Zetterberg is benefitting from playing with a player who can snipe as well.

If Semin was doing the exact same thing Brunner was this year you would be saying that Semin is bolstering whatever line he is playing on, but for some reason you won't give Brunner that credit.

Semin 4 goals
Hudler 4 goals
Mursak 0 goals
Brunner 10 goals

DOES NOT COMPUTE. :laugh:

RedWingsNow*

Another post that presumes to tell me what "I would be saying."

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Another post that presumes to tell me what "I would be saying."

For some time now you have been saying you want a right handed shooter who can score goals. You were a big supporter of going after Semin this off-season and even made a thread suggesting we go after Zherdev.

We have a right-handed goal-scorer on the roster right now that only 6 guys in the league have more goal than. The guy has a fantastic wrist shot and likes to shoot. If we had gotten one of the guys you lobbied for and they were playing this well please tell me you would not be gloating.

pdd

Feb 7, 2010
Wow... You do not know how to spell complimentary correctly. Congrats on looking like a child.

As a former copy editor, it's "complementary". The fact that you misspelled it, were corrected, and then proceeded to vigorously insult the person who gave you the correct spelling is highly humorous.

Jesus only managed to turn water into wine.

buddy_jesus.jpg

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere

pdd

Feb 7, 2010
The fact you are a copy editor and are subsequently wrong on this, is highly amusing. I didn't misspell anything. I merely used what was once an interchangeable word. Apparently it is no longer the case, as this is news to me.

The word you used should be used in an example such as "...the complimentary in-flight meal." Meaning free, included, without charge, etc.

"Complementary" means to form a complement with something or, alternatively, be a complement to something. Such as "We have three varieties of wine, all of which are complementary to the complimentary in-flight meal." In this example you are getting the meal free, but you are paying for the wine.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
The word you used should be used in an example such as "...the complimentary in-flight meal." Meaning free, included, without charge, etc.

"Complementary" means to form a complement with something or, alternatively, be a complement to something. Such as "We have three varieties of wine, all of which are complementary to the complimentary in-flight meal." In this example you are getting the meal free, but you are paying for the wine.

I seriously never knew that. I have never had to use the word, but good to know. Always thought it was the same ****. I guess it makes sense since my history teachers in college hated me for my lazy writing and turning my rough draft into my final draft by just using spell check.

the-more-you-know.jpg

Aug 6, 2012

SwissGrog

Oct 10, 2012
Well next season, wherever Brunner will be, he will make the whole preparation NHL-Style, he will put up some muscle and he will probably, hopefully, be stronger on the puck. It will be funny to see a pimped-up version of him.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad