HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Long Beach?

We have a winner :handclap:

You can ask the next question.

http://lifeinhockeywood.com/?p=330

The Kings’ final game in Long Beach brought out 6,510 people, but that’s probably in part to the Boston Bruins coming in. Legendary Bruins defenseman Bobby Orr didn’t play, but fellow Hall Of Famer Phil Esposito scored in the first 28 seconds. That pretty much set the stage for the rest of the game, going on to lose, 5-2. That not only left their season record at .500 (13-13-3) but also left them at 3-3 in the Long Beach Arena.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Brimsek, Gelineau, Regan, Orr, Sanderson, Bourque, Samsonov, Raycroft. 8 Bruins have won it, I had to cheat I have no idea who Gelineau & Regan were . The rest I had+ I thought Perderson won as well.

We have a winner

Your question

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Who scored the 1st goal in Fleet centre history? Who was the opposition & what was the final score.

Sandy Moger scored the first Bruins goal in the new building against the Islanders in a 4-4 tie.

...and Cam Neely gets a hat trick.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Well done sir! The next question is yours.

Thanks!

Which Bruin scored a hat trick against Ken Dryden at Boston Garden in game 6 of the ‘79 semi-finals against Montreal, and what was the final score?

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Thanks!

Which Bruin scored a hat trick against Ken Dryden at Boston Garden in game 6 of the ‘79 semi-finals against Montreal, and what was the final score?

Stan Jonathan with the Hat trick, played with Jean Ratelle, 5-2 Bruins before devastating heartbreak two nights later.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Stan Jonathan with the Hat trick, played with Jean Ratelle, 5-2 Bruins before devastating heartbreak two nights later.

Bingo!

Jonathan was one of my all-time favorite Bruins, and I'll never forget how he pummeled "Big Bouchard" in game 4 of the '78 Stanley cup finals. Jonathan was pound for pound one of the best fighters in NHL history, who was also a pretty good goal scorer at times.

Your turn for the next question.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
How many players that were Bruins property played on the 1973-74 Philadelphia Flyers Cup team and name them?

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Bingo!

Jonathan was one of my all-time favorite Bruins, and I'll never forget how he pummeled "Big Bouchard" in game 4 of the '78 Stanley cup finals. Jonathan was pound for pound one of the best fighters in NHL history, who was also a pretty good goal scorer at times.

Cherry tells a story of how he was worried about that fight because he thought Bouchard would beat Jonathan, he was obviously wrong. Stan could play and it's sad that when Cherry went Sinden went on his purge of players that liked Grapes and got rid of Jonathan, Schmautz, Wensink and others.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Close, I'll tell you Reg wasn't one, he didn't get to Philly until the second cup

Awright, scratch Reggie. :laugh:

Was Terry Crisp on that team?

Rick MacLeish
Bernie Parent
Gary Dornhoffer
Joe Watson
Terry Crisp

I'm not even sure if Joe Watson was ever a Bruin, but for some reason I think he may have been.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Awright, scratch Reggie. :laugh:

Was Terry Crisp on that team?

Rick MacLeish
Bernie Parent
Gary Dornhoffer
Joe Watson
Terry Crisp

I'm not even sure if Joe Watson was ever a Bruin, but for some reason I think he may have been.

Missing two, those are all right. One only played 14 games as a Bruin the other 33

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad