Bruins Trivia Game

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Dryden and Howe is the correct answer - I knew Howe was in the WHA HoF but didn't know he made it to Toronto.

jgatie - you have the right to ask the next question.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/halloffame11/story/_/id/7216908/2011-hockey-hall-fame-look-inductee-mark-howe

Who are the only 3 Bruins to lead the team in both Points and PIMS for a single season? Hint: One is a surprise for PIMS, one is a surprise for Points, and the other is a sign of the sad state of both scoring and physicality for that season. :naughty:

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Correct - I'm sure most here came up with Dryden right away but Mark Howe was a bit harder. As much as losing Cheevers, Sanderson and McKenzie to the WHA hurt the Bruins could you imagine if the WHA folded around 1975 and the Bruins got their hands on Mark Howe - would that have been enough to beat Montreal in any of those series in the late 70's ???? And can you imagine a top 4 of Bourque, Park, Howe and McCrimmon for the 1979-80 to 1981-82 seasons ???? :handclap:

Anyway jgatie - you're up.

If you want to play the what if game imagine a Bruins mid 70's line up with Leach, MacLeish, Dornhoefer, Goldsworthy, Joe Watson, Parent and Ted Irvine. The Leach deal was bad but at least it returned Vadnais otherwise we built the Flyers cup teams through the expansion draft. Espo, Orr, Hodge, Cashman, Bucyk, Marcotte and O'Reilly with those player would have added at least a couple more cups. (until JJ bought the team and then he would have started selling them off)

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Who are the only 3 Bruins to lead the team in both Points and PIMS for a single season? Hint: One is a surprise for PIMS, one is a surprise for Points, and the other is a sign of the sad state of both scoring and physicality for that season. :naughty:

Thornton, Orr, Shore

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Which former Bruin holds the record for scoring the fastest two goals from start of game?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Which former Bruin holds the record for scoring the fastest two goals from start of game?

I stink at sports trivia, and didn't get this - I checked my answer via a Google, so I won't give the real answer.

For some reason, I really, really waned to say "Savard", but I knew Marc Savard was totally wrong. I figured out where the confusion was - Blackhawk Denis Savard has the record for the fastest goal from the start of a period. It happened 4 seconds after the start of the period, back in '86.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Mike Knuble is correct, two goals in 27 seconds from the start of the game vs Florida 2/14/2003
BruinsCupNow gets to ask the nest question.

BruinsCupNow

Mar 9, 2002
Toronto.
Visit site
I'm terrible at coming up with trivia questions, but I'll give it a whirl:

There are only three non-Canadians to lead the Bruins in points in a given season. Who are they?

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

There are only three non-Canadians to lead the Bruins in points in a given season. Who are they?

I'm pretty sure on two, but not the third :cry:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Total guesswork here but I'll say.

Krejci
Guerin
Stumpel

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Pia8988 has got it - surprising to think that an American has never led the B's in scoring.

Anyway, Pia - you get the next question.

Very well.

List all players to tally at least 1 point from when the Bruins scored 3 SHGs in 64 seconds.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Very well.

List all players to tally at least 1 point from when the Bruins scored 3 SHGs in 64 seconds.

1 point? Without Google? ****, I only know the goals scorers and I'm a Bruins nerd. :laugh:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
A friend of mine asked me this question a couple of years ago and it isn't as easy as you would think.

The Bruins have played regular season games in 7 different cities in the State of California. Three of the cities are suburbs and I will offer one hint - the city of San Francisco is NOT a correct answer.

Happy Googling :laugh:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad