Boston Bruins Bruins Prospects Discussion V - 3 warnings posted - Stay On Subject only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Lots of kids knocking on the door for the Bruins. Donny has some major decisions to make. It would be nice to see him win a few trades. Something like what Bergevin did in Montreal by turning Montoya into a conditional 4th round pick.
Lots of players that have value and we can't afford to lose for nothing. The Subban loss was bad enough lately.
Schaller and Nash are both UFAs and are playing really well. Maybe a good chance to move them at their highest value.
Vatrano and even Czarnik have some value. Can he flip them for assets?
McQuaid is maybe at the end of his career as a Bruin. Another year at 2.75 million- Maybe time to move him. Lots of defensive options in Providence. Same goes for Postma- no real need for him.
How do you get rid of Beleskey? Two more years of 3.8 million. We still are paying for the poor decision of buying out Seidenberg for two more years. Don't think another buy out is a good decision.
Lots of decisions that can make or break the franchise going forward in the future.

I’d rather keep Nash and Schaller who are important parts of this bruins team and make some decisions on their endless supply of kids

Bergeron krejci marchand backes pastrnak Nash and Schaller as vets with the former 5 as mainstsays and aren’t going anywhere. That’s 7 spots that can be had next year The bruins have heinen, debrusk, spooner, Vatrano, acciari, kuraly, bjork, senyshyn, Frederic, donato, jfk. I’d say they should bring back schaller and keep that fourth line entirely in tact (assuming little-no regression). So that’s now 4 spots for 9 players. Lose spooner and put Frederic and donato in a transition year in providence and that’s 4 for 6. Lose Vatrano and give senyshyn another in Providence and there’s 4 for 4. The decision has to be on Nash. If they bring Nash back then we are talking about another year in providence for jfk which he might not need. It also makes him expendable because Frederic/donato might be better fits than him (assuming donato can center). Either way they are in a good spot. Only 3 guys-maybe 4 that are expendable to me and none or particularly worth much in spooner, Vatrano, czarnik and jfk/Frederic/donato. To me the decision has to be made there. Particularly with jfk/frederic. The good news is they have plenty of time to make that decision but I do think it’s a decision that has to be made.

Defense is really where the prospect log jam is apparent. Grzceylk looks like he could be a mainstay and if they bring back chara..that’s the left side. With o gara, zboril, lauzon, and vaakanainin all on the doorstep. Assuming 2 are ready next year (o gara/zboril, there is only 0 spots for them with miller Carlo and mcavoy all locked in. Even if grzceyk regresses that’s just 1 spot. And if they lose chara in a year or 2 that’s just 2 spots for 4-5 guys (Lindgren) Between zboril lauzon lindgren and vaakananain if they all pan out, decision will have to be made there.

Have to give Sweeney a ton of credit, even if most of his picks aren’t bonefide superstar potential not counting mcavoy. He’s drafted a lot of nhlers to me. Not a big time bust in the crew all look like middle of the lineup guys.

Reactions: Thrive

Grasshopperking

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
So what do our prospect rankings look like now? Not counting guys already on the main roster.

Is this anywhere close?

1. JFK
2. Lauzon
3. Donato
4. Zboril
5. Frederic
6. Studnicka
7. Vaakhainnen
8. Kompannen
9. McIntyre
10. Lindgren
11. Vlader
12. Blidh
13. Clifton
14. Swayman
15. Sherman
16. Keyser
17. Steen
18. Fitzgerald
19. Volden
20. Khochlachev

Am I missing anyone? Seems like a lot to keep track of.
I'm sorry, Am I misunderstanding who this is? I've never heard of a prospect by this

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I'm sorry, Am I misunderstanding who this is? I've never heard of a prospect by this

Kyle Keyser is the goalie for the Oshawa Generals, who the Bruins signed to an ELC after having him in for their development camp. They must have saw a lot of him when scouting Studnicka (who also plays theres) and after he impressed in DC, they pulled the trigger. He's having himself a pretty solid season for Oshawa. I believe he got hurt, but since returning, he's been dominant.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
Harvard is on NESN in an hour if you guys want a look at Donato and Sherman.

Harvard up 3-0...Sherman just threw puck down ice on PK to Donato for a short handed break, made a sneaky forehand backhand move and almost got it in!

Donato has a goal so far, looks so dominate, quick, great puck skills.

Sherman has an assist.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
Im ready for the Donato hype train...even though Ive only seen him 3 times so far this season.

13 games: 13 goals 8 assists 21 points
Has points in every game for Harvard.

He looks so skilled, puck handling, sneaky little skills. He is noticeably quick, backchecks, kills penalties...I do understand he isnt playing the most elite opponents but he is really sticking out well above the rest...which is nice to see.

f***...he has really come along, I see lots there. Pretty excited to see how he turns out.

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
Im ready for the Donato hype train...even though Ive only seen him 3 times so far this season.

He looks so skilled, puck handling, sneaky little skills. He is noticeably quick, backchecks, kills penalties...I do understand he isnt playing the most elite opponents but he is really sticking out well above the rest...which is nice to see.

****...he has really come along, I see lots there. Pretty excited to see how he turns out.
It's a challenge not to be giddy over all of these prospects coming up through he pipeline. This Donato fellow in particular, looks very steady thus far.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Not sure it is an ouch. He was being squeezed out in Providence, and really hadn't caught up to the game so far. If the WHL wasn't an option then he probably would have had to go down to ECHL. Better to send him down to the WHL and let him have a long memorial cup run.

The Bruins were probably well aware, and may have even helped facilitate the situation.

Honestly the ouch has been Gabrielle being overmatched at the AHL level this year

Reactions: PG Canuck and TCB

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Should have sent him to the ECHL instead.

If it was most WHL teams, I would agree.

But he'll get a chance to play a prominent/leadership role on a team headed for a Memorial Cup tournament. This should be a good thing for him.

He was a 4th round pick, the hype around here for him was probably out of whack to begin with (some projected him to crack the Boston Bruins line-up coming out of training camp).

Let him go somewhere where he'll get a chance to excel and regain his confidence. I see this as a positive, especially given he wasn't likely to get much ice on Providence on what appears to be now a stacked forward group down there.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Be interested to see if JG agent was the one pushing this move or was it Sweeney

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

****...he has really come along, I see lots there. Pretty excited to see how he turns out.

I am very excited about Donato, but how is the ECAC in terms of talent (on his team and against).

Reactions: Wack Edwards

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Harvard vs RPI game on NESN right now. Game just started, looking to see how Sherman and Donato do.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I am very excited about Donato, but how is the ECAC in terms of talent (on his team and against).

Nothing wrong with the ECAC, maybe not as deep as some conferences. ECAC has produced 2 of the last 5 national champions, and 2 of the current top 5 teams in the polls are ECAC teams. Harvard has also played OOC games so far against Minnesota 2 times, Boston College, Lowell, Vermont, and have 2 more Hockey East games coming in the Beanpot

Harvard is having a disappointing season so far as they were preseason top 5. So obviously the talent outside Donato hasn't matched the hype.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad