Boston Bruins Bruins Prospects Discussion IV - Mod warning 565

Status
Not open for further replies.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Supposedly he's going to play center this year, which I think is outstanding. His two way ability would be perfect for 3rd line center.

Him and JFK in the fold is great. Center hasn't been a position of organizational strength in recent years. Feels good to have two six/nine prospects.

Plus Frederic. Certainly could use that high end center, but like the guys they have.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Supposedly he's going to play center this year, which I think is outstanding. His two way ability would be perfect for 3rd line center.

Him and JFK in the fold is great. Center hasn't been a position of organizational strength in recent years. Feels good to have two six/nine prospects.

If his two-way ability is such a perfect fit for center, then why has he been playing wing at Harvard his first two college seasons?

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Also:

Ryan Donato is committed to eventually signing with the Boston Bruins even though the option to simply wait until he becomes an unrestricted free agent prospect exists.

Donato was taken with the 56th overall pick in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft by Boston, but he's been playing with Harvard University and he will return to school for his junior season. He's excelled in the NCAA with 21 goals and 40 points in 36 contests in 2016-17, so if he did wait until he was a UFA before signing he would likely have several teams go after him. He's the son of Ted Donato though, a former Boston Bruins player who is now also the Harvard coach, and Ryan Donato has expressed loyalty to the Bruins. "I understand [the Vesey option], but I don’t think it’s applicable to me in my situation," Donato said. "Growing up in Boston I’ve always been a Bruins fan, and I’ve been very happy and fortunate to a part of this [organization] and hopefully I can be for a while. Obviously, I had loyalty even before given that I was a fan, but you really feel like you do owe the organization something after they’ve drafted you."
Source: CSN New England

I would be very surprised if he makes it to UFA before signing with the B's

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Ryan should be coming aboard next season. While I wouldn't be surprised if he remained at Harvard to complete his degree, he would be one of the older rookies in camp. Frederic could also turn pro after his sophomore year at Wisconsin. Center position is looking bright for the future

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
If his two-way ability is such a perfect fit for center, then why has he been playing wing at Harvard his first two college seasons?

Harvard had a lot of Seniors playing center, or capable. Moy, Esposito, Kerfoot, Malone.

Not going to pretend I watched every crimson game, but I'd assume getting Donato in the top six was why he made the switch to wing. Curious to see how he switches back to center.

774EVER

& Now 374EVER
NHL's Farm Systems Ranked

Bruins Ranked 12th

Although the Boston Bruins do retain one of the stronger farm systems in the NHL, the team has fallen two places in this year’s ranking due to an average 2017 NHL Draft and the stalled development of a number of their high-end prospects.

On one hand, players such as Jake DeBrusk, Jakub Zboril, Charlie McAvoy, Anders Bjork and Trent Frederic have continued to progress as individuals and stand ready for considerable NHL ice time in the near future. Conversely, valued prospects Malcolm Subban and Zachary Senyshyen have failed to advance as expected and now appear as long shots to secure significant ice time within a deep group of competitive young talent.

http://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-best-farm-systems-2017-ranking/

Thoughts?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Bruins Ranked 12th

Although the Boston Bruins do retain one of the stronger farm systems in the NHL, the team has fallen two places in this year’s ranking due to an average 2017 NHL Draft and the stalled development of a number of their high-end prospects.

On one hand, players such as Jake DeBrusk, Jakub Zboril, Charlie McAvoy, Anders Bjork and Trent Frederic have continued to progress as individuals and stand ready for considerable NHL ice time in the near future. Conversely, valued prospects Malcolm Subban and Zachary Senyshyen have failed to advance as expected and now appear as long shots to secure significant ice time within a deep group of competitive young talent.

Thoughts?

I only read the Bruin part, but the assessment is questionable.

The writer lumps Senyshyn in with Subban as prospects who haven't shown much progress, which you could say is true for Subban, but Senyshyn is progressing at a relatively decent pace considering he was a 4th liner on a very good Sault team just two seasons ago, and last year was considered for Canada's WJC team.

He then puts Zboril into the group with Debrusk, Bjork, McAvoy, and Frederic as prospects making great progress, not that he hasn't progressed since his draft, but he doesn't appear on the cusp of NHL readiness either.

The fact he still calls Subban a "top prospect" is laughable.

And zero mention of Ryan Donato, in his list a 2nd rounder from 2014 who looks like a very good prospect.

This is Bleacher Report level stuff IMO.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site

Bruins Ranked 12th

Thoughts?
I think if you want someone to take you seriously, you have to cut down on the spelling and grammar mistakes.

Also, if you're going to make questionable assertions, it probably would be a good idea to back them up.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

Bruins Ranked 12th

Thoughts?

I was lucky enough to be invited twice by hf to participate in top 50 rankings

I've been collecting hockey news future watch for around 35 years I guess... picked up all the McKean guides... subscribed to red line a few years... read all I can online...

What did i learn? No one gets more than 50% of their guesses right about kids who aren't top 5 picks

Top 5 picks are normally no Brainerd even you and i might get better than 50%. After top 5 picks the odds go down

What futures expert predicted good things about krug? How high was boychuk rated when we got him? Where was the praise for Miller or mcquaid? Marchand and bergeron were in nobody's top 50 before they became the real deal

I'm still waiting for Rico fata to become a superstar and that kid goalie in New Jersey ahola who was their number 1 prospect in hockey news 2 years in a row

Treat these lists as entertainment. I enjoy them myself... but anything above 50% accuracy would be a miricle

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
In my opinion, the experts only have a clue what they're taking about if it's positive for the Bruins

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I think if you want someone to take you seriously, you have to cut down on the spelling and grammar mistakes.

Also, if you're going to make questionable assertions, it probably would be a good idea to back them up.
What grammar and spelling mistakes?

Wasn't he quoting a piece from The Hockey Writers? I saw no mistakes in that article.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I never read the article, but if what is quoted is from the article then: Zachary Senyshyen

I can't believe how many people still can't spell his name. And truth be told, the reason I didn't click on it was because of that spelling mistake. Just me, but I refuse to read an article when they can't get a name correctly. In today's day and age, well....enough about that;)

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Harvard had a lot of Seniors playing center, or capable. Moy, Esposito, Kerfoot, Malone.

Not going to pretend I watched every crimson game, but I'd assume getting Donato in the top six was why he made the switch to wing. Curious to see how he switches back to center.

And that's a good point, could certainly be why he shifted to the wing for his first two seasons.

It will be interesting to see his progress and point totals next year playing in the middle full-time.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
What grammar and spelling mistakes?

Wasn't he quoting a piece from The Hockey Writers? I saw no mistakes in that article.

He had Senyshyn's name right in the header, then botched it in the article.

Spelling not withstanding, I think lumping Subban and Senyshyn into the same category is pretty shoddy analysis.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA

Bruins Ranked 12th

Thoughts?

What garbage on Senyshyn. He hasn't even really started his professional development while Subban is in, what, year 4? That is outrageous. Total lack of credibility on this one.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

Bruins Ranked 12th

Thoughts?

Didn't realize that our 2017 draft is already considered a bust, what a joke.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Bruins Ranked 12th

Thoughts?

Without even reading below this I'm guessing people hate it because the Bruins are criticized somewhere?

I don't see how Senny has stalled. Lumping him in with Subban makes zero sense.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I don't see how Senny has stalled. Lumping him in with Subban makes zero sense.

Ya I was confused by this

That and the article predicated its judgment largely on a poor 17 draft, have hey learned yet this drafting squad makes unpopular picks that pan out anyway? They should have gotten a lot more credit for both Carlo and MaCavoy for jumping right in and looking like pros

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Ya I was confused by this

That and the article predicated its judgment largely on a poor 17 draft, have hey learned yet this drafting squad makes unpopular picks that pan out anyway? They should have gotten a lot more credit for both Carlo and MaCavoy for jumping right in and looking like pros

Urho will be a top 4 guy in 20-21. Book mark this. :)

Kid is driven, and cocky. I love those qualities in my men.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
In my opinion, the experts only have a clue what they're taking about if it's positive for the Bruins

Pretty much covers it, if you aren't brain washed by Sweeney into believing every prospect will make the NHL you are being unfairly negative.

I don't agree with the Subban/Senyshyn comparison but if the prospects were as sure fire great as so many here believe they would be higher than 12

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Pretty much covers it, if you aren't brain washed by Sweeney into believing every prospect will make the NHL you are being unfairly negative.

I don't agree with the Subban/Senyshyn comparison but if the prospects were as sure fire great as so many here believe they would be higher than 12

Every GM tells it's fan base that they have tons of great prospects, the Sens under Brian Murray here in Ottawa did that for years with a lot more failures then successes. You would think though that with the relevant success Sweeney has had here in Boston with his drafting, that these prognosticators wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the 2017 draft picks just because they weren't the picks who these hacks preferred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad