Boston Bruins Bruins Prospects Discussion IV - Mod warning 565

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Canada will announce their roster tomorrow morning at 11 am. At least camp invites. Same with Sweden, unless they announced it tonight and I missed it. I fully expect Steen to be on their list of invites. He's been on all their Under-20 teams this season.

And yes, surprised about Donato. But remember, it isn't the final roster. Anything could happen

Thanks Dom...Does Donato still have a chance?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Donato tearing it up

He's a killer down low

If you go to the Beanpot keep an eye on him every time he rolls over the boards you won't be disappointed

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
That's going to make for an interesting TC competition. JFK will be in the thick of it, as next year is his last on ELC.

I assume Spooner will be taking his talents elsewhere and Backus will be back on the wing. Frederic will most likely be asked to continue his education at Wisconsin. Czarnik will also be in the mix for the third line center spot.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
That's going to make for an interesting TC competition. JFK will be in the thick of it, as next year is his last on ELC.

I assume Spooner will be taking his talents elsewhere and Backus will be back on the wing. Frederic will most likely be asked to continue his education at Wisconsin. Czarnik will also be in the mix for the third line center spot.

It's certainly possible, but I would be surprised if Frederick is at Wisconsin next year. I would think a year adapting to the pro game in the AHL seems far more likely, but I have no inside knowledge. Obviously there is an advantage in terms of spreading out some of the ELC to leaving Frederick in College

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

I would be surprised if Frederic didn’t opt out after this season at Wisconsin. He can play C or W and a year in PRO isn’t going to hurt. If he is ready, he’s a big kid and would be perfectly capable of playing 4th line if he had to.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

In the German League maybe. Certainly not in Boston.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Czarnik's contract is up and I expect they'll just let him walk for nothing at the end of the year. He's not really getting a chance here.

Played almost 50 games last year if not mistaken or close to it? I think it was a concussion that knocked him out and now I think it`s less about him getting his chance and more about others passing him on the depth chart.

There`s some skill there, wondering if he`ll be that AHL player who puts up solid numbers at that level but who`s game just doesn`t translate to the NHL?

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Trent Frederic, Ryan Lindgren, and... Jeremy Swayman named to the US Preliminary roster for the upcoming World Junior Championships.

US only named three goalies, so it looks as if all three are in pretty good shape to make the team.

By my count... Frederic, Lindgren, Swayman, Steen, Vaakanainen, Koppanen all with a shot to play in the WJC. Send year in a row where the Bruins will be pretty well represented.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Trent Frederic, Ryan Lindgren, and... Jeremy Swayman named to the US Preliminary roster for the upcoming World Junior Championships.

US only named three goalies, so it looks as if all three are in pretty good shape to make the team.

By my count... Frederic, Lindgren, Swayman, Steen, Vaakanainen, Koppanen all with a shot to play in the WJC. Send year in a row where the Bruins will be pretty well represented.
This should be a good tournament, I really like all of our players. I'm really excited about the 3 guys likely to be on team USA, Swayman is having an excellent start to his Collegiate career.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Played almost 50 games last year if not mistaken or close to it? I think it was a concussion that knocked him out and now I think it`s less about him getting his chance and more about others passing him on the depth chart.

There`s some skill there, wondering if he`ll be that AHL player who puts up solid numbers at that level but who`s game just doesn`t translate to the NHL?
Not a NHL player....IMO.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Not a NHL player....IMO.

I would be very hesitant to label any of our high-tier prospects "not NHL player" at this point. Malcolm Subban is a perfect example of why. I am almost positive Czarnik could play middle-6 hockey in the NHL for a long time. Despite the size, he competes every shift, has scoring and playmaking ability and is gritty. If anything, the league is trending in his direction.

Reactions: PlayMakers

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I would be very hesitant to label any of our high-tier prospects "not NHL player" at this point. Malcolm Subban is a perfect example of why. I am almost positive Czarnik could play middle-6 hockey in the NHL for a long time. Despite the size, he competes every shift, has scoring and playmaking ability and is gritty. If anything, the league is trending in his direction.
Agreed.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Who says they are high tier ? I dont think Czarnik has ever been a "high tier" prospect. He shows flashes as he did his last time up. But the more he plays the less you see he can do. I hope i am wrong and it clicks. But i dont see it from the guy. Vatrano is also entering this territory for me.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
What are the main reasons that Subban didn't translate here? I mean, he is absolutely lights out this year. He is shutting out freakin' Nashville in the second period as I type this. That's outrageous. What a miss by the Bruins. What does the Vegas goalie coach do that Bob Essensa didn't do in the past five years? This has to reflect poorly on him. And I don't believe that MacIntyre is having a great season either. Maybe time for a new voice as goalie coach?

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Maine comes out flat and gives up 21 shots and three goals in the first period.

But the Black Bears storm back to score seven of the next eight goals and go on to win 7-4. Swayman apparently stayed busy throughout...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad