DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The four top 4 forwards not in Boston

JFK
Senyshyn
Donato
Frederic

All look like they will hit to me. The only one I haven't seen multiple times in games live is Frederic but the returns are positive.

My perceived crazy statement last year that Boston scouting staff would go 13 for 13 in the first 4 picks in 2014; top 6 picks in 2015; and top 3 picks in 2016 has a new member

My criteria was 100 NHL games now has Carlo joining Pastrnak

I will dig it up in a couple of years because it wasn't received well by some former Bruins fans (snicker) who aren't around much these days

I'll stand by 13 for 13

Pastrnak- yes
Donato
Heinen
Bjork
Zboril
DeBrusk
Senyshyn
Carlo- yes
JFK
Lauzon
McAvoy
Frederic
Lindgren

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006

JFK
Senyshyn
Donato
Frederic

All look like they will hit to me. The only one I haven't seen multiple times in games live is Frederic but the returns are positive.

My perceived crazy statement last year that Boston scouting staff would go 13 for 13 in the first 4 picks in 2014; top 6 picks in 2015; and top 3 picks in 2016 has a new member

I will dig it up in a couple of years because it wasn't received well by some former Bruins fans (snicker) who aren't around much these days

I'll stand by 13 for 13

Pastrnak- yes
Donato
Heinen
Bjork
Zboril
DeBrusk
Senyshyn
Carlo- yes
JFK
Lauzon
McAvoy
Frederic
Lindgren

That's crazy to think, but may well happen. By the end of the season you can probably check off McAcoy, Heinen, DeBrusk and BJork.

There are still some guys that are less than certain imo, including Zboril, Senyshyn, Lindgren and Lauzon.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
That's crazy to think, but may well happen. By the end of the season you can probably check off McAcoy, Heinen, DeBrusk and BJork.

There are still some guys that are less than certain imo, including Zboril, Senyshyn, Lindgren and Lauzon.
It's really going to be interesting what the tally will be

Ten of 13 seems a decent number but there isn't one guy yet that looks like he's flamed out and I think they go 13-13

Even better is two of the 13: Pastrnak & McAvoy look like elite players and the 4 others in Boston look like core players with bright careers

I would think some will be getting there 100 number in another organization but as of right now they are all still here

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
I'm not sure you meant to respond to me or to Joe.

I was simply pointing out to him that it didn't take "two goalies above him to get injured to get into the lineup." He was their backup immediately after being claimed and got in once Fleury got injured.
Sorry I misread your post.

On an unrelated not, what a night last night for Bruins Prospects!

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
I’ve watched the majority of his games this season and I disagree with your assessment of him being “sloppy” with the puck. In fact, I think he’s been the opposite.

He may not possess an impressive offsensive-skill set, but that’s not what he was drafted for, nor has it ever been his game.

SaiPa employs his services in just about every situation you can think of, and for good reason. He’s one of the best skaters you’ll find, and has a great set of defensive tools that he knows his limits with. He has been making safe plays, and on top of it, can really connect a great first-pass out of the zone. He’s a really good puck-moving defender.

Vaakanainen has been logging some heavy minutes, too. He currently ranks 10th in the entire Liiga for TOI, as well.

His gap-control and defensive-stick is exceptional, he rarely lets a player beat him to the inside of the ice. He can jump on pucks quickly down low and then skate himself out of trouble.

As a potential defensive partner to McAvoy one day, he could very well end up mimicking what Seidenberg was able to offer Chara for all those years.
Happy to hear your take on him and I'll be more than happy to be wrong. The things that really stood out were some bad plays leaving the D zone, but it sounds like he's doing what he needs to earn that ice time.

I'd move over the moon if he turned out to be that guy, him, McAvoy, Carlo & Krug would make for a very diverse skillset in a top 4.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

JFK
Senyshyn
Donato
Frederic

I'll stand by 13 for 13

Pastrnak- yes
Donato
Heinen
Bjork
Zboril
DeBrusk
Senyshyn
Carlo- yes
JFK
Lauzon
McAvoy
Frederic
Lindgren

Remarkable. I’d agree that every one looks highly likely to make it to the show.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
Just noticed Donato has a 8-7-15 stat line in 10 games. He has twice as many goals and nearly twice as much points as any other forward on the team. I haven't got a chance to see him play but the scoreboard scout it me is very impressed.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Just noticed Donato has a 8-7-15 stat line in 10 games. He has twice as many goals and nearly twice as much points as any other forward on the team. I haven't got a chance to see him play but the scoreboard scout it me is very impressed.

Donato is really good and developing his two way game nicely, awesome hands and drive

Closest bruins comparison is Bergeron and Marchand's mighty tandem play transcended time and space to create a baby, one that isn't as good singularly as either but is great in his own right.

He and Frederic should provide good center depth/replacement as Krejci and Bergeron age

Reactions: Battleford Bruin

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary

JFK
Senyshyn
Donato
Frederic

I'll stand by 13 for 13

Pastrnak- yes
Donato
Heinen
Bjork
Zboril
DeBrusk
Senyshyn
Carlo- yes
JFK
Lauzon
McAvoy
Frederic
Lindgren
Zboril or Lindgren if you could only keep one?

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Zboril or Lindgren if you could only keep one?

i think lindgren is the safer bet to play. he lacks the upside of zboril, but his character/leadership/defensive play/skating ability
to me makes him a NHLer. he's a nasty SOB too.

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
I remember when we had Hamill to look forward to, or Camara... Sweener has got me excited about the Bruins being competitive for years again.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Koko stats update:

34 games
10 goals
18 A's
+5

Outstanding maybe some GM will be stupid enough to trade for маленькая анютины глазки.

I have never seen the love bestowed, even on here, for a useless crybaby like koko. The Bruins currently have koko in Providence, his name is Kenny Agostino.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
i think lindgren is the safer bet to play. he lacks the upside of zboril, but his character/leadership/defensive play/skating ability
to me makes him a NHLer. he's a nasty SOB too.
I haven't seen Lindgren so no clue

Zboril after 100 games in AHL I think will be trained well. He's clearly figuring it out an looks like 100% focus is on own end and positioning. Doesn't look like CHL guy roaming around.

He's got a lot of NHL skills the Bruins need to keep implementing that defense first safe approach and if and when it becomes second nature add/allow more offense

My prediction is

He will come around
He will be traded in a package as solid piece
He will play in the NHL a long time and pretty well

I was supposed to go Saturday but didn't I have tickets Saturday 9th and may go- really want to sit down low and watch him in own end and keep an eye on Senyshyn & JFK

Watching 3 carefully all over ice is about my limit

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Great to read about our kids.

Going to take a short trip up the highway next week, Truro hosting the World Junior A Challenge, a coaching friend of mine brought it to my attention so we`ll swing up there and see some of the kids play. He tells me this event tends to attract many NHL scouts and I "think" he said Central Scouting also represented.

Resume in hand:)

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Koppanen and Vaakanainen got the call for Finland at the u20 world cup. They still have to beat out a few players at camp to make the team but good sign for them.

Florida Bruin

Jun 11, 2011
Who are our Olympic candidates/hopefuls (and not necessarily just for USA)??

Is it:

Donato
Frederic
Lindgren
Hughes

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
What's happening with Jesse Gabrielle?

Mark Divver got quotes on the progress of the young B's prospects in Providence (as of Nov. 30). Here's what he said about Gabrielle:

W JESSE GABRIELLE, 0-0-0 in 14 games

Leach: “Jesse’s had a tough start. We’re trying to find him a role. He can skate like the wind. He’s got a nice shot, nice hands. He’s a physical specimen. We’re still looking for him to bring the consistency – up and down heavy winger that can score. We teach the game a certain way. We want to make sure we take care of the puck. As we know, if you go up to the NHL and you don’t take care of the puck, it’s done, it’s over. I think Jesse is learning that and he’s also playing against men. It’s a different game. He’s going through that process right now.’’

Read about the rest of them here: Progress report on Providence Bruins rookies

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
So far, there are 5 Bruins prospects invited to camps

USA
Swayman
Lindgren
Frederic

Finland
Vaakanainen
Koppanen

Edit: NVM. Thought you said WJC but its Olympics you are referring to

Dom are you surprised no Donato or Steen? When will we hear more about team Canada? Thanks in advance.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Dom are you surprised no Donato or Steen? When will we hear more about team Canada? Thanks in advance.

Canada will announce their roster tomorrow morning at 11 am. At least camp invites. Same with Sweden, unless they announced it tonight and I missed it. I fully expect Steen to be on their list of invites. He's been on all their Under-20 teams this season.

And yes, surprised about Donato. But remember, it isn't the final roster. Anything could happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad