Rumor: Bruins preparing offer sheet for Jacob Trouba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Everyone excited about the prospect of 4 first rounders...those picks will likely be in no-man's land and they're at least 2 years away from realization (if we keep them and draft a prospect who's ready at 19 - about a year away from their max value if we trade the earliest pick).

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Everyone excited about the prospect of 4 first rounders...those picks will likely be in no-man's land and they're at least 2 years away from realization (if we keep them and draft a prospect who's ready at 19 - about a year away from their max value if we trade the earliest pick).
It would only be another process.
This is a case where picks would be very helpful.
Trouba is good but not at 6+
Seth Jones is a good comparable.
Hope the Bruins land him .

Whileee

May 29, 2010

I think the Bruins are prone to plummet down the standings in the next few years. A key injury would put them in bottom-5 territory.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
It would only be another process.
This is a case where picks would be very helpful.
Trouba is good but not at 6+
Seth Jones is a good comparable.
Hope the Bruins land him .

If push came to shove, I'd rather lock Trouba up at $6M x 7 (or 8...probably even 6).

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I think the Bruins are prone to plummet down the standings in the next few years. A key injury would put them in bottom-5 territory.

I'd certainly bet that's a more likely scenario than them contending every year, but it's a pretty big assumption to risk your 22-year-old best shot at a 1D on...

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
If push came to shove, I'd rather lock Trouba up at $6M x 7 (or 8...probably even 6).

I'd have to think long and hard about that.
I said before I'd like to see Trouba far away from Stuart for a year.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Why trade him for 3 first rounders (or the equivalent) if the offer sheet compensation is four 1sts?

I suspect it is all posturing. No way will Bruins give offer sheet. It was an intentional leak.

I think a trade is more likely then Bruins don't need to offer a bazillion dollars.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I agree that it was intentionally leaked, but that kind of threat won't scare Chevy. It's 4 1sts or we keep him. It's a very easy decision if they off 4 1sts though.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I suspect it is all posturing. No way will Bruins give offer sheet. It was an intentional leak.

I think a trade is more likely then Bruins don't need to offer a bazillion dollars.

An offer sheet threat from the Bruins shouldn't force a trade. The Jets can just dare them to give up four 1sts.

I think the Jets trade Trouba if it's clear he isn't interested in playing for the Jets long term. Otherwise, they'll sign him.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I agree that it was intentionally leaked, but that kind of threat won't scare Chevy. It's 4 1sts or we keep him. It's a very easy decision if they off 4 1sts though.

Yeah, this is a pretty simple thought process for me, and I assume for the Jets.

4 1st rounders = too much potential value, especially considering the Bruins might miss the playoffs.

Anything less, we simply match.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Yeah, this is a pretty simple thought process for me, and I assume for the Jets.

4 1st rounders = too much potential value, especially considering the Bruins might miss the playoffs.

Anything less, we simply match.

Bruins can't offer any less. They don't have the second rounders availabile.

m.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
They hope it's a bogus rumour.

A bogour?

This is Haggerty mining for scoops:

images

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
Saw this rumor on the cover of the Sun("Trouble Bruin" or something) today which basically confirms they literally have absolutely no standards for what gets published.

I mean I guess they never did but wow that easy. Anyone want to help me pick out the next cover of the Sun?

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011

I completely disagree. I believe all 4 will be top 10 picks, and at least one top 3. Boston's best players are in decline and their prospect pool is full of middling players. I think the B's are on their way down the standings as it is.

When Trouba isn't enough to make the playoffs, heads could very well roll. It's ok to be patient with a rebuild, but if you're dropping your next 4 years worth of 1st round picks, you're pretty sure that you've made yourself a pretty good hockey team. A miscalculation on this scale could put the Bruins in the basement for up to a decade, and Sweeney will quickly lose the trust of ownership. A new GM will have to shed assets like crazy to re-aquire the picks needed to start rebuilding.

If it goes this way, we'll see the birth of an NHL dynasty not seen in the league for a long time!

flyingjay

Jun 25, 2012
Winnipeg
First off...I'm firmly in the camp that believes a Boston offer sheet is about the dumbest thing Sweeney could do to that organization...and even if he wants to do it, his bosses will put the kibosh on it.

Compensation of four 1st rounders is absolutely insane. I'd probably write him a Christmas card every year if we got that for Trouba. But IMO...there's just no way an NHL GM is that desperate to pull off something that ludicrous.

Do I want Trouba on the Jets? Heck yes I do! More than anything I hope we sign him long term. But if Sweeney is that stupid, I'll gladly give in to that stupidity and take those picks (and extra cap space) without looking back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad