Post-Game Talk: Bruins over Winnipeg 6-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
So the last 5 seasons the teams that have won the cup have had a 1st or 2nd overall pick and gone on to win in a 5 year period after the big draft?

Last team that didn't was the Red Wings

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Pretty crappy game, Bruins seemed to block a lot of shots and with Rask in net nothing is easy.

Jets started out pretty strong but then again only the Little line seemed fully engaged.

Rather "Cam Newton Superbowl like performance" from the rest of the team!:help:

Really don't think the Jets are getting the coaching they could/need be if they had better head coach! Can't see Mo getting this team to the next level. Team seemed unprepared to play once again. Really don't know why he made the goalie change, sure Helly let in 3 but a couple really weren't on totally on him.

Stuart is god awful friggin useless, how Mo can keep plugging him in defies logic, Pardy and Postma are not as bad as Mo makes them out to be, but keep trotting out Stu and keep getting the same results Mo, what a coach!:shakehead:rant:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Good loss by the Jets, well done......those are the Jets we know and love.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Jets were out-shooting the Bruins by 30-11 at one point. Later, it was 31-31.
19 straight shots by the Bruins without one shot by the Jets.
I picked the wrong game to go to.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Bruins-6-Jets-2-300x200.jpg

Game recaps, post-game audio and the NHL.com 3 Stars of the night.

Click here.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
One thing I notice this year a lot: they play really really well for like 10 - 15 mins, then get an adrenaline dump and fall off quite substantially.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Other than some crazy-bad defensive break-downs, the first 30m or so was a good game. Then ... yeah.

The losses don't hurt so much anymore though. ;)

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
The only reason I can see to play Stu on a regular basis is to enhance the team's poor play. Anyone who imagines that there have not been better options available through trades or even waiver pickups is deluding themselves. At this point I see no reason to replace him as the resulting improvement would only serve to get us a worse draft pick. If he is on the blue line in Sept the fans can embrace another year like this one. Just my thoughts.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
The only reason I can see to play Stu on a regular basis is to enhance the team's poor play. Anyone who imagines that there have not been better options available through trades or even waiver pickups is deluding themselves. At this point I see no reason to replace him as the resulting improvement would only serve to get us a worse draft pick. If he is on the blue line in Sept the fans can embrace another year like this one. Just my thoughts.

Personally, I think we have better options sitting in the pressbox, and quite potentially, with the Moose right now.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Stu has become a bit of a lightning rod. I harp too much I know but he is a symptom of our much larger organizational road block.

Loyalty > results
Character > talent
Blind spots are a huge problem.
We hang onto good guys who can easily be upgraded.
What is our true objective?

You can't fix what you can't see.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Stu has become a bit of a lightning rod. I harp too much I know but he is a symptom of our much larger organizational road block.

Loyalty > results
Character > talent

Every time I rage on about transitioning the older core I'm also thinking about guys like Stu and Thor. The "glue" character guys are seen as core pieces and that is our biggest weak link. There has been a lot of debate this season about rushing the youngsters but IMO they are far from the problem. They are in the process of developing and carving out important future roles. The problem is the depth "core" pieces the organization decides is important to keep.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Bad part about Stuart is you can booooo him until your head falls off and everyone thinks you are cheering stuuuuuu

It's like the Simpsons are they saying boooo or booerns?

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Every time I rage on about transitioning the older core I'm also thinking about guys like Stu and Thor. The "glue" character guys are seen as core pieces and that is our biggest weak link. There has been a lot of debate this season about rushing the youngsters but IMO they are far from the problem. They are in the process of developing and carving out important future roles. The problem is the depth "core" pieces the organization decides is important to keep.
In the case of both Thorburn and Stuart, I was over the moon knowing that their contracts were nearly up - the fact that they were extended darn near blew my mind.

We hear repeatedly about how strong the room is and the leadership that is in there, but the Jets are still willing to use two roster spots on supplemental leadership pieces - pieces that can't play hockey.

I don't get it and these deals along with Ondrej have definitely been my biggest reasons to doubt our GM.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Personally, I think we have better options sitting in the pressbox, and quite potentially, with the Moose right now.

the Moose option doesn't need to be brought up. let him have a #1 role on the Moose vs 3rd pairing time with the Jets.
the Postma thing makes me sad. i'm ignoring the stats when i say that. young player and he's latched to the pressbox. just trade him for a bag of chips so he can play a la Richmond's opportunity in Colorado. i'm by no means a Postma fan (think he had a lot of brain farts last year) but knowing he's the 2nd option after Pardy makes me think that a) there's something we don't know about his practice efforts or b) the GM and coach aren't clueing into what we sofa GMs seem to know

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
the Moose option doesn't need to be brought up. let him have a #1 role on the Moose vs 3rd pairing time with the Jets.
the Postma thing makes me sad. i'm ignoring the stats when i say that. young player and he's latched to the pressbox. just trade him for a bag of chips so he can play a la Richmond's opportunity in Colorado. i'm by no means a Postma fan (think he had a lot of brain farts last year) but knowing he's the 2nd option after Pardy makes me think that a) there's something we don't know about his practice efforts or b) the GM and coach aren't clueing into what we sofa GMs seem to know

For sure: I'd like to see Morrissey and Petan spend the whole year with the Moose developing. Just stating that he'd probably be a better option than what we're playing on the 3rd pairing right now.

Also agree on Postma. I just don't get it.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
Even if Postma (and I guess Pardy) stink up the joint somehow worse than Stu and Chiarot, what difference does it make? We go from 27th in the league to 29th? That's what blows my mind.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
For sure: I'd like to see Morrissey and Petan spend the whole year with the Moose developing. Just stating that he'd probably be a better option than what we're playing on the 3rd pairing right now.

Also agree on Postma. I just don't get it.

and the fact that we don't get it leads me to believe that there's a lot more to the story. attitude issues? zero effort in practice? makes mistakes in practice that aren't correcting themselves?

things like this always remind me of Nathan Dempsey. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Dempsey
Leafs fans thought they had the next Salming in the waiting. put up killer #s in the AHL. pleaded for him to be called up. thought he was getting the shaft with zero logic behind it. he had 10 points in 25 games for a really bad Leafs team. next year, was in the minors.
Dempsey was finally traded to the Hawks. put up good #s with a bad team. was in the minors 3 years later.
it's not like these coaches and GMs are idiots. we often do not give them the benefit of the doubt. but these are guys seeing the practices every bloody day and they know what their players bring. Stuart indeed is crapping the bed. i know that stats may be showing otherwise, but long-term analyses would probably show that Postma isn't NHL ready (at least, based on how the coach isn't putting him in the lineup)

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada

Loyalty > results
Character > talent

Thats also how I see it. Through-out the entire organization there have been hirings based on character and familiarity without much regards for talent.

I think character is an essential part of a winning "room" but paying up for guys like Stu, Clitsome, Thor etc? That was a bad idea.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

The only youngster that has played like he deserves to be here is Ehlers, Petan wasn't ready, and Copp is only here because of his pay grade, nothing else.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
How could this team go from being so good home, to consistently laying an egg every home game like they do now?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I wonder what kind of a mood Maurice will be in at practice today?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
and the fact that we don't get it leads me to believe that there's a lot more to the story. attitude issues? zero effort in practice? makes mistakes in practice that aren't correcting themselves?

things like this always remind me of Nathan Dempsey. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Dempsey
Leafs fans thought they had the next Salming in the waiting. put up killer #s in the AHL. pleaded for him to be called up. thought he was getting the shaft with zero logic behind it. he had 10 points in 25 games for a really bad Leafs team. next year, was in the minors.
Dempsey was finally traded to the Hawks. put up good #s with a bad team. was in the minors 3 years later.
it's not like these coaches and GMs are idiots. we often do not give them the benefit of the doubt. but these are guys seeing the practices every bloody day and they know what their players bring. Stuart indeed is crapping the bed. i know that stats may be showing otherwise, but long-term analyses would probably show that Postma isn't NHL ready (at least, based on how the coach isn't putting him in the lineup)

I hear you but I think it has allot more to do with the organization just being too loyal to Mark and he is untouchable. I remember when coach was saying earlier in the season that Pardy, Postma, and Chiarot were going to have to fight for games but for the life of me I have no idea why he would leave Stu out of that equation?

When it comes to Postma Garret has done a good job of illustrating what the raw numbers say which is that by every meaningful measurable category Paul has a more positive impact on driving wins based on results in actual games than Mark. Then there is the puzzling part that if there were actual issues with how he prepared, practiced, and or other why would they have signed him to a new 2 year deal?

Honestly HannuJ I think it comes down to a blind spot Maurice has towards Mark and any of the really high character guys that are poster boys for the right way to be a teammate and a professional. Possibly its also a clash stylistically. For whatever reason Paul is in Paul's dog house despite him being a better player than Mark? Something might be happening behind the scenes but it hasn't impacted the actual results on the ice to justify the purgatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad