Post-Game Talk: Bruins over Winnipeg 6-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
one day, this bogus concept of leadership will fade away never to be discussed again.

One person doesn't control the play of 19 others. These are highly skilled, highly motivated, professional athletes. They are each in control of their effort level and results, and if any of them are so fragile that they need a rah rah captain to lift them up, they should immediately be removed from the team.

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
one day, this bogus concept of leadership will fade away never to be discussed again.

One person doesn't control the play of 19 others. These are highly skilled, highly motivated, professional athletes. They are each in control of their effort level and results, and if any of them are so fragile that they need a rah rah captain to lift them up, they should immediately be removed from the team.

So you think Ehlers, Copp, Armia etc all have the same mental toughness and maturity as guys like Wheeler and Buff? Okay.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
So you think Ehlers, Copp, Armia etc all have the same mental toughness and maturity as guys like Wheeler and Buff? Okay.

no because no one person is the exact as another.
but do i think they have enough mental toughness and maturity, proven by actually making it to the NHL, to be self motivated to do their best? of course. And if they don't, and need to be babied, they shouldn't be here.

Last edited:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
and the fact that we don't get it leads me to believe that there's a lot more to the story. attitude issues? zero effort in practice? makes mistakes in practice that aren't correcting themselves?

things like this always remind me of Nathan Dempsey. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Dempsey
Leafs fans thought they had the next Salming in the waiting. put up killer #s in the AHL. pleaded for him to be called up. thought he was getting the shaft with zero logic behind it. he had 10 points in 25 games for a really bad Leafs team. next year, was in the minors.
Dempsey was finally traded to the Hawks. put up good #s with a bad team. was in the minors 3 years later.
it's not like these coaches and GMs are idiots. we often do not give them the benefit of the doubt. but these are guys seeing the practices every bloody day and they know what their players bring. Stuart indeed is crapping the bed. i know that stats may be showing otherwise, but long-term analyses would probably show that Postma isn't NHL ready (at least, based on how the coach isn't putting him in the lineup)

So Stu tries hard in practice, big whoop .
Postma is still better than him.
Heck I stripe the ball on the driving range during a round not so much.
I'm surprised Postma actually re upped I truly am

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Stuart probably tries so hard in practice because he thinks it is actually a game and it is being televised. Sometimes with the look on his face I don't think he's fully aware of what's going on or where he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad