Post-Game Talk: Bruins 3-Devils 2 - Tuukka steals another one

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Ugly game but we won. Thanks Tuukka

Marchand played a great game but he's gonna enjoy the press box for a couple. I want to get mad at him but I've accepted it. He can't stay in line for 82 games. As long as he isn't hurting anyone and keeps up his elite play I'll settle for an eye roll and a groan. Only hurts himself by docking his point totals.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Marchand's elbow looked intentional to me. Probably not aiming for the head but it looked intentional.

Thought this was going to be a trap game, and they got out-played, but still came out with the points.

Those three penalties on N.J. were ... ? but every once in awhile it goes the Bruins way I guess. I'm kinda glad they only scored one there as the other two looked fine.

Want to see the replay whether Heischer was even touched with that high stick early. Didn't look like it to me but the head-snap. Haven't watched a proper replay yet.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I was impressed by Carlo today, hopefully he gains his confidence back. He was engaged, skated well, best defender out there today and had an edge to him. Rask was amazing too, Krug pushed the envelope with Mac out, he needs to do that for 2 weeks or more.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I don't have a problem with the ref screw up that gave the Bs a long 5 on 3. The Devils head snapping was disgraceful and they deserved at least matching penalties on two of those. Then they got a fortunate call late in the game when they were doing the same thing in several instances that went uncalled. Evened out as far as I'm concerned.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Marchand with 21 goals, Bergeron and Pastrnak with 20 each. When's the last time a line has been that spread out for goal production?

Reactions: Chief Nine

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Ugly game but we won. Thanks Tuukka

Marchand played a great game but he's gonna enjoy the press box for a couple. I want to get mad at him but I've accepted it. He can't stay in line for 82 games. As long as he isn't hurting anyone and keeps up his elite play I'll settle for an eye roll and a groan. Only hurts himself by docking his point totals.

That cannot prove that was intentional cause he was midair.Im.not worried about no suspension on that play.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
That angle from behind makes it look intentional by Marchand since it's hard to make out his stick. I'm sure he's going to plead avoiding goalie interference penalty by pulling his stick away. 1 or 2 games ago, Bergy elbowed someone on a similar play but the puck was on his stick and he was pulling it back which pulls your elbow up and out. So no complaints there since you are puck handling so it will be interesting to see what Player Safety decides. Will they suspend him from the All Star game? lol

I think it was someone in the Calder thread on the main board that said McAvoy lets everyone slot into their optimum defensive position and that was clear tonight. Chara - Carlo are great at keeping the puck out of the net but their main out from the zone is bank it off the glass and hope a forward can get to it. Or pass to a forward who then skates it out. McAvoy is far and away the best on the team at controlled exits via passing or skating and that drives offense.

They definitely need McAvoy back if they want to make a legitimate cup run. But they have the guys that can hold down the fort so they don't need to rush him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad