Post-Game Talk: Bruins 3-Devils 2 - Tuukka steals another one

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
No free beer tonight!!!
After the 1st, I was glad I forgot to bet on this game. Thanks for toughing it out Bruins! It’s only funny money.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
This team just keeps on piling up the points, even when it doesn't play particularly well. Rask was magnificent tonight. The Bs gave the Devils far too many good chances. Hope the new pairings gel quickly because tonight they were shaky at times. Charlie clearly means so much to the Bs. Also, need to give Carlo some props. He played really well. Not sure what was up with Krejci but it was mistake after mistake after mistake from him. One of the worst games I can remember him playing. Brutal on offense and defense.

First line was amazing again. They carried the team tonight other than Rask. Man is this streak ever incredible.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
An ugly win but we will take it. Props to Rask, he stole this one. Going forward we may struggle against other desperate teams as we are comfortably in a playoff spot.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Rask in Japanese monster form & that's all she wrote for NJ.

Now let's see what happens with Marchand and that play with Johansson. I would say that it is at best inconclusive: could have done it on accident-purpose or just accidental. I think & hope no discipline.

Reactions: Chief Nine

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
2 UU 2K K and 2 outstanding saves on the second period breakaway!

Southpaw123

Apr 9, 2017
Rask won this game for us for sure! Lot of NE boys on that Devils team I was surprised. Laughed at the end of the game when one of the guys joked, "hey forgot about that #10 on the other team." Welp, Jimmy Hayes not getting much love back in the bean.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
This team just keeps on piling up the points, even when it doesn't play particularly well. Rask was magnificent tonight. The Bs gave the Devils far too many good chances. Hope the new pairings gel quickly because tonight they were shaky at times. Charlie clearly means so much to the Bs. Also, need to give Carlo some props. He played really well. Not sure what was up with Krejci but it was mistake after mistake after mistake from him. One of the worst games I can remember him playing. Brutal on offense and defense.

First line was amazing again. They carried the team tonight other than Rask. Man is this streak ever incredible.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
How this team keeps getting points is unreal. Even when they shouldn't have won, they won.

Also HAHA the Habs let a goal in with 11 seconds left. Too bad they somehow won a game. They're still the real losers in my opinion.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

Now let's see what happens with Marchand and that play with Johansson. I would say that it is at best inconclusive: could have done it on accident-purpose or just accidental. I think & hope no discipline.

Let’s hope. Have to see it again. Not sure if he was falling. I thought that Johannson took him out initially

Reactions: BruinLVGA

Lockheed

Scope Dope
Feb 1, 2007
SW Asia
Rask and Marchand got us this game. Surprised how noticeably weaker the transition game was without McAvoy. Marchand sitting a few games is not going to help.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
The Bruins just came off a stretch of 5 games in 8 days combined with the shock of McAvoy's heart procedure so a little let down could have been expected tonight.

A gutsy performance by the whole team to garner another 2 pts.

Reactions: sooshii

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

Sure looked on purpose to me.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins hold off Devils for fourth straight victory - The Boston Globe

Tuukka Rask, now without a regulation loss in his last 17 starts (15-0-2), turned in his best performance of the season, snuffing out all 20 New Jersey shots in the first period and finishing with 37 saves.

Rask is now 18-8-4, after allowing only 28 goals in his last 17 starts, and is expected back in net Thursday night when the Bruins play in Ottawa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad